View Full Version : Romanian Ak47

09-22-2012, 3:48 AM
Alright, so now that im getting close to becoming a resident of florida for the time being... im also looking at getting a Romanian AK47 7.62x39 WASR-10... is that the same thing as getting an AR15 or M4 Carbine? can i just throw a bullet button on and trade my 30 round mags for ten rounds and have it be CA legal??? End game is I want to move back to CA and bring all my guns home with me with minor mods... Thanks

kris smith
09-22-2012, 5:47 AM
Yes just put a mag lock on it and don't use anything over 10 rounds. And the wasr is a good rifle I have one and I like it but not as much as te sks

Dinosaur Jr
09-22-2012, 7:32 AM
It's always disheartening to hear of an escapee planning to come back...enjoy your freedom in Florida!

09-22-2012, 7:39 AM

10 round cap and BB and your G2G

And I just picked me up aGP 10/63. Not bad rifles.

09-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks, around how much should i spend? I quickly looked last night and saw a range from 500-900... but i also saw some people posting about how they got one brand new out the box for 350...

09-22-2012, 1:05 PM
In CA guns are usually more expensive and prices vary by region.

And it all depends on what you want style type round choice who it's made by receivers barrels ect ect.. Pick a price range you want to spend and choose from there.

I wouldn't spend more than $600 to $700 for an AK which lead me to my choices and made my choice with a WASR.. Most AKs seem to cost more due to being made by certain companies who "have nicer finished" and better "QC" but just about all of them unless you get a lemon run like an AK should.

IMO what you pay for is a killed vs stamped receiver and the "prettier" looking wood and specs done to the milling. Again why I went cheaper WASR. And if you don't want a WASR the arsonal looks reasonably priced and there is a new AK people have been talking about which is M&M or something.. So check them out for the $500 to $650 range..

I don't have much info on the higher priced ones only being I've done simple research on them and good amount on the price range I wanted for obvious reasons

But a WASR should cost around $450 to $600.

I just got mine (new) used from another member here for $500 with 3 mags. From locals stores cheapest I found was about $580 OTD