PDA

View Full Version : MSAR E4 Feeding Issues - Help!

ntigner
09-22-2012, 12:55 AM
So I recently picked up a MSAR E4 Aug clone. The thing is beautiful but I had a horrible first day at the range. I did a search and found some others had issues when breaking in with crappy ammo (Wolf, etc.). I was shooting regular PMC .223 and PMC XTac steel core .223 with MSAR factory magazines.

Out of 60 rounds I had 7 FTF/jams. One scared the **** out of me because it actually pushed the bullet straight back into the case. Literally like 80% of the bullet went straight back into the brass. Not a ballistics expert but I got the distinct impression this could have ended much more badly then a simple jam.

I know the gas system is adjustable on these rifles but could it being out of adjustment have caused problems of this severity?

Does anyone have experience breaking one of these in and had these issues clear up on heir own?

Many Thanks to any info that can help me get this beautiful gun back on the range and feeling safe shooting it.

(attaching a pic for the hell of it)

ntigner
09-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Bump and...

I've gotten feedback elsewhere the mags from MSAR are total crap and most likely a significant cause of my feeding problem. Anyone else have similar experiences or issues with these mags (see pic of mags below)?

Cadre
09-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Hope u get it fixed.sorry couldnt help, i dont own or knows one who does. Good luck.

ntigner
09-23-2012, 1:43 AM
Over on AR15.com several folks suggested using "Full Power" ammo for break in and I dont know how to host pics there so I'm gonna do it here. Does the below from PMC qualify as "Full Power" by most folks definition?

chead
09-23-2012, 2:04 AM
Over on AR15.com several folks suggested using "Full Power" ammo for break in and I dont know how to host pics there so I'm gonna do it here. Does the below from PMC qualify as "Full Power" by most folks definition?

5.56 NATO qualifies. Lightly-loaded .223 (PMC Bronze) is what they're suggesting you avoid.

nekokoneko
09-23-2012, 8:50 AM
If you're getting ftf issues, it might be the magazines. Try using Pmags. I used them and had not encountered a ftf issues yet so far (knock on wood). I also used PMC Bronze ammo on standard gas, no problems.