PDA

View Full Version : Any One From The SF Bay Area? ( AR Build Help )

TrueLimits
09-21-2012, 5:18 PM
Hey Guys,
Pretty new to this site, but I am looking for someone who has had previous experience with an AR-15 Build. I have purchased all the pieces for the gun but need some help putting it together. I would also like to make a how-to video for YouTube at the same to help others go about building their own AR's. If your interested in helping me I would be more than happy to pay you for the work. Please let me know, I am located in Union City, CA but would not mind traveling some ways. Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.

jpm804
09-21-2012, 6:28 PM
If your just talking about the the lower. It's actually not that hard doing it by yourself.. I did my first one about 3 weeks ago and planning to do a couple more soon. I just watched alot of the tutorials online and they were very clear about showing how its done.

I havent built an upper yet ( since most people just buy complete uppers) but I dont want to tackle that project eventually.

Here are some good resources I found on building an AR:

ITS Tactical Building AR - Video Series and Article
http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firearms/diy-ar-15-build-introduction-parts-and-tools-required/

GAVINTOOBE - Youtube Video Series - Does a complete build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysdZSXxhhQ&list=UU9q5g_4gZ76p7fFDwD6XY2A&index=33&feature=plcp

Sounds intimidating, but once you do it its pretty easy. Just take your time and follow the steps. While not necessary, simple tools are fine Hammer, punches, piliers, etc...I ended up buying more tools for my next build to see if it makes it easier.

TrueLimits
09-23-2012, 6:00 PM
Thank you for the great links! They look very informative . Only thing is that I needed help to do both upper and lower because I wanted to record the build to make a how-to video. I have all tools and pieces just need a knowledgeable person.

killshot44
09-23-2012, 8:19 PM
You've never done it before and don't know how to....
yet you feel the need to make a how-to video?
Horse before the cart, Son, you've got em backwards.

You tube is clutterred with how-to's, pick one.

connorr931
09-23-2012, 8:27 PM
First off there is no need for a how to video. Youtube has dozens of them. Second off if there was a need for a specific video then from what you have told us you are not the person to make it. Building a AR may seem intimidating at first but it really is quite simple.

JoeGSX
09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Bring it over to Vacaville can do upper or lower at my house.

Merc1138
09-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Thank you for the great links! They look very informative . Only thing is that I needed help to do both upper and lower because I wanted to record the build to make a how-to video. I have all tools and pieces just need a knowledgeable person.

There are dozens, possibly hundreds of how-to videos for building a lower on youtube and the other various video hosting websites. Also, like killshot44 says, you've got it backwards.

TrueLimits
09-24-2012, 8:32 AM
Thats the reason for getting help. I do tons of youtube videos and are sponsored by alot of big name companies thus the how to is being requested by one of them.

r1ghtw1ng
09-24-2012, 10:34 AM
brownells has one of the best instructional video series on assembling AR lowers and uppers. I've learned a lot from them. No need to re-invent the wheel.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/learn/

For lowers, just buy a set of brass punches, those are pretty much the only additional tools you'll need.

TrueLimits
09-24-2012, 3:22 PM
The irony. I actually have all the tools and equipment just need someone to help me with the build while I record it all.

slo5oh
09-24-2012, 3:44 PM
Not sure its in any of the videos, but I find a c clamp works a lot easier for pushing the roll pins through, once you get them started.

JTecalo
09-24-2012, 6:27 PM
Calguns has an OLL assembly guide, right side of the top menu bar

http://www.calguns.net/OLL/assembly.html