PDA

View Full Version : Legalities relating to shipping AR Pistol/upper to Ca.

xlimey
09-21-2012, 2:28 PM
After the death of her folks, my wife has now inherited the family business back in the UK and I will be following her there as soon as I can tidy up our affairs here in AZ, rent out the house and work out how to ship the dogs etc.

Unfortunately this means that I will need to dispose of my firearms as UK laws will not allow importation of anything remotely interesting. I have been gone from Ca. for more than a year and have got used to the sensible gun climate in AZ, so I would appreciate any informed input on whether it is worth the potential hassle to offer the following items via Calguns Marketplace to potential customers in Ca.

1: LNIB and unfired complete factory-built Noveske 5.56 10.5" shorty upper with KX3.

2: LNIB and unfired complete factory-built Quentin Defense Billet lower receiver. DROS'd new on a 4473 in AZ as a pistol. Laser-etched "pistol" on the side of the mag well by the factory.

I am assuming that the combo probably needs to be supplied with a bullet-button and a single-shot sled to be sold as a pistol in CA but if there is a way to sell it legally in CA I am happy to accommodate my fellow Calgunners if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

devilchien0105
09-21-2012, 2:40 PM
Please send me pics, specs, and condition of the upper and I will help you with that!!! I live in Texas so the gun laws is easy!!!!

jingerale
09-21-2012, 2:55 PM
After the death of her folks, my wife has now inherited the family business back in the UK and I will be following her there as soon as I can tidy up our affairs here in AZ, rent out the house and work out how to ship the dogs etc.

Unfortunately this means that I will need to dispose of my firearms as UK laws will not allow importation of anything remotely interesting. I have been gone from Ca. for more than a year and have got used to the sensible gun climate in AZ, so I would appreciate any informed input on whether it is worth the potential hassle to offer the following items via Calguns Marketplace to potential customers in Ca.

1: LNIB and unfired complete factory-built Noveske 5.56 10.5" shorty upper with KX3.

2: LNIB and unfired complete factory-built Quentin Defense Billet lower receiver. DROS'd new on a 4473 in AZ as a pistol. Laser-etched "pistol" on the side of the mag well by the factory.

I am assuming that the combo probably needs to be supplied with a bullet-button and a single-shot sled to be sold as a pistol in CA but if there is a way to sell it legally in CA I am happy to accommodate my fellow Calgunners if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Well the upper is just an upper, a collect of parts, I don't think there should be any issues of you selling it anywhere.

the lower? I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable.