View Full Version : Stag 8h bcg/buffer tube fitment

09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
i bought a stag 8h upper recently with the gas piston. i tried to mount it to a mega arms lower with a standard milspec buffer tube. though the upper/lower fits perfectly, i'm having problems charging the handle. it would seem that the bcg is ever so slightly higher than the receiver tube and thus, i can't pull back the charging handle. when i take the bcg out of the upper, i can push it into the buffer tube but it's a very precise fit. i have several ar's but this is my first stag. does the stag bcg require the use of a stag buffer tube or do i need to work with the lower a little bit more?
any advice?

09-21-2012, 1:33 PM
Rear of carrier is hitting the top of the buffer tube? Leaving any marks?
Reciever tenstion screw used or no?

09-23-2012, 6:23 AM
We've been in la for the sc cal game so a little late responding. There are no marks that I can see but this brand new. I haven't place any tensioning pins. Using standard receiver pins but theses are brand new parts..

I looked at back of the bcg and compared it to a standard do bcg. The stag has three small bumps that I assume is to prevent carrier tilt. When I don't snap in the front retaining pins and lift the front upper slightly, the bcg will enter the buffer tube. Some have recommended that I file down the upper bump. I am considering filling down the top of the buffer tube mouth which is a lot easier and cheaper option. I'll try to post some pics when we get home tonight.