PDA

View Full Version : SB 249 made me want to finally get an AR...

Fherot
09-20-2012, 7:15 PM
I've been putting off getting another firearm telling myself 'I'm done...'. During the completely worthless SB249 debacle I contacted several government cronies over the issue with letters to help the opposition even though I don't have a sport rifle.

Also during and since the bill drama I've been thinking more and more about how I'm stuck in California for now and waiting till I move to get a 'free state' sports rifle doesn't help the rest of you guys. I'm here for years, the more AR's in the state the less people there are to tell us which direction to wipe our butts.

In short: Senator Yee has successfully convinced me to get an AR on my credit card despite other expenses I may have. I think it's that important to have a semi-automatic rifle whether you love them or not.

As Clint wisely said, they work for us. My measly salary gets ripped apart to fund other people just like you and I to nanny us and make worthless decisions we appose. How does that work? What does anyone care what I shoot paper, tin cans or fruit with at the range? Even if it was a fully-auto M60.

Thank you Yee, an AR15 type rifle sounds lovely.

Perhaps a Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport.

krking51
09-20-2012, 7:22 PM
You will be glad you did!

mariley85
09-20-2012, 7:54 PM
i'd recommend a stag over s&w, but that's just preference. you'll be happy either way. shooting an AR is just plain fun.

GET BUSY BUYING AND GET BUSY SHOOTIN!

Arson
09-20-2012, 8:12 PM
Made me buy Three stripped lowers to build

Capybara
09-20-2012, 8:25 PM
An AR15, an AR15 Title 1 "Other" and two stripped lowers are all in my safe now thanks to the good Senator.

BigRobb
09-20-2012, 8:30 PM
i'd recommend a stag over s&w, but that's just preference. you'll be happy either way. shooting an AR is just plain fun.

GET BUSY BUYING AND GET BUSY SHOOTIN!

+1 for Stag

The S&W m&p sport is also a great rifle.

For me in the process of doing research on what id want in an AR-15, I stumbled upon sb249. Went ahead and bought one anyways like you.

Cadre
09-20-2012, 9:00 PM
you can do it.

LAKings22
09-20-2012, 9:21 PM
Your gonna have fun. You won't regret it, congrats

bigbully
09-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I bought a Colt LE6940CA, a Mega Arms Ma-Ten Upper/Lower set and 3 JD Machine lowers, because of Yee. I'm looking at getting one more Ma-Ten and possibly one more .223 Mega Arms set.

Upcoming elections have me focused on ammo stockpiling before I build them out though.

Ryan in SD
09-21-2012, 12:28 AM
you can do it.

why hello therr

Jimmy310
09-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Dont get the s&w sport, you want a ejection port cover/door. Other s&w's are ok though, other than you can find something better for cheaper. Try buying a complete lower here for around $300, and then get a upper from PSA for $500.

Just find something with a chrome lined barrel/bore and stay away from the real cheap stuff like Delton/DTI if its your first or only ar15.

BigRobb
09-21-2012, 1:03 AM
http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_22&products_id=206

If you don't want to build your own, and under $1k for a great rifle with a lifetime warranty.

As others have said, get your ammo before the elections. I honestly feel no matter who gets elected, ammo will go up either way. If Obummer gets elected, I'd expect both ammo AND gun prices to go higher as the demand for both will skyrocket. More-so than 4 years ago.

Fherot
09-21-2012, 5:39 AM
I'm not worried about a dust cover I won't be on 2 day patrols in the jungle.

Also the M&P sport has melonite treated barrel and critical metal components. I believe the carrier is chromed.

Also, it's $699 at local store (out of stock at the moment) and for what you get I think it's perfect.

I'd actually prefer an AK but they've gone up so much i don't know if it's with it versus something from S&W.

Xtracrispy
09-21-2012, 6:30 AM
You will be happy with an AR. They are fun rifles! Just admit to yourself now it will likely look different once you own it for a while, and may shrink your wallet. That is, unless you have really good self-control :D

Zartan
09-21-2012, 6:52 AM
Don't get the s&w sport, you want a ejection port cover/door.

HA! fail :rolleyes:

You'll love the Sport. Mine was the best entry into the AR arena. Since then I've built an 80% .22 and now I have an 80% bench build in the works.

You absolutely will not regret buying the sport. Check my sig

Whiterabbit
09-21-2012, 7:26 AM
an AR15 Title 1 "Other"

What does this net you the ability to do?

RookieShooter
09-21-2012, 7:28 AM
There is a great deal on 223 ammo at Cabelas ($300/1000 rds with free shipping) so stock them up for your new toy.

dpop24
09-21-2012, 9:37 AM
Senator Yee also made me buy an AR. While I was at it, I DROSed another complete lower just in case.

RaiderNation
09-21-2012, 9:51 AM
I'm not worried about a dust cover I won't be on 2 day patrols in the jungle.

Also the M&P sport has melonite treated barrel and critical metal components. I believe the carrier is chromed.

Also, it's $699 at local store (out of stock at the moment) and for what you get I think it's perfect.

I'd actually prefer an AK but they've gone up so much i don't know if it's with it versus something from S&W.

Buy one of each :43:

rojocorsa
09-21-2012, 9:56 AM
The M&P Sport is not a bad rifle at all.

I've been borrowing one, and the lack of dustcover hasnt affected anything at all. We're not in Derka-Derka-stan.

IXMM
09-21-2012, 10:12 AM
about time.

secret.asian.man
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Made me buy Three stripped lowers to build

ahaha we think alike.

the86d
09-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Yup, my lady want's hers now, just because I get multiples. :)

For the life of me, I don't know why she wants coyote brown furniture...

His logic is a bit Yeetarded...

56Chevy
09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I've been putting off getting another firearm telling myself 'I'm done...'. During the completely worthless SB249 debacle I contacted several government cronies over the issue with letters to help the opposition even though I don't have a sport rifle.

Also during and since the bill drama I've been thinking more and more about how I'm stuck in California for now and waiting till I move to get a 'free state' sports rifle doesn't help the rest of you guys. I'm here for years, the more AR's in the state the less people there are to tell us which direction to wipe our butts.

In short: Senator Yee has successfully convinced me to get an AR on my credit card despite other expenses I may have. I think it's that important to have a semi-automatic rifle whether you love them or not.

As Clint wisely said, they work for us. My measly salary gets ripped apart to fund other people just like you and I to nanny us and make worthless decisions we appose. How does that work? What does anyone care what I shoot paper, tin cans or fruit with at the range? Even if it was a fully-auto M60.

Thank you Yee, an AR15 type rifle sounds lovely.

Perhaps a Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport.
I thought that I had enough. Yee got me to buy 3 more guns. He's almost as good of a gun salesman as Obama!:p

chozenfew805
09-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Felt the exact same way! Except I built one in spite of SB249:43:

WordVirus
09-21-2012, 8:45 PM
I have a S&W MP15 Sport... I really like it, I wouldn't do it any other way... except to maybe bump up to the MP15 Tactical... simply b/c of the full rail and folding sights. Either way, it's a good investment. I got my Sport for $875 out the door with all fees etc... $699 is a *deal*
edited to add: I have about 600 rds (mostly new Fiocchi) downrange with no jams for failure to fires...

myk
09-22-2012, 8:41 AM
I'm another SB 249'er as well. Bought a Ruger 556e and a Colt M4 6920 "just in case." What's this I hear about the Federales buying up 'ammo in large quantities, lately?