PDA

View Full Version : BCM® M4 Carbine Mod 2

NavyGuy408
09-20-2012, 6:38 PM
I moved from CA to FL a few months back and want to start building my weapon collection but I still want to get weapons that can be brought when I move back. I was thinking about getting "BCM® M4 Carbine Mod 2"... What on this weapon is not CA legal? Can I buy this weapon, add a bullet button and make it legal? I was also looking around and found:

Sig Sauer M400 16" Carbine Enhanced MOE Rifle
Colt LE6920 MOE Carbine Rifle

that come in a CA legal condition. I would much rather buy my rifle and add a bullet button later when I decide to move back...

I really want the BCM if i can make minor changes when I move back to CA? Is this possible? Or should I just but the Sig or Colt....

Merc1138
09-20-2012, 6:52 PM
Yeah, just add a bullet button or make it featureless.

sunborder
09-20-2012, 6:54 PM
And remember, you will need to neuter your mags to 10 rounds before you import to CA.

NavyGuy408
09-20-2012, 7:00 PM
Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if there was something else about it that made it CA illegal. So ill buy it like that and before i move ill just throw on the bullet button and trade in for 10 rounds mags, thanks!!!

SigSauerP226
09-20-2012, 7:53 PM
Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if there was something else about it that made it CA illegal. So ill buy it like that and before i move ill just throw on the bullet button and trade in for 10 rounds mags, thanks!!!

Ya as far as you have the bullet button to make it a fixed magazine gun you can have whatever "evil" features you want, obviously minus hi-cap mags.

sunborder
09-21-2012, 7:30 AM
You can convert many types of 20 or 30 round mags into 10/20 or 10/30 mags. Makes it easier to handle the mags, since the 10 rounders tend to not stick out much beyond the mag well, and finding magazine pouches for them is damn near impossible.

I personally like 20 round magpul bodies modded for 10 rounds using Magpul limiters and a rivet through the floorplate (If your floorplates don't have the hole in them, drill one in the CENTER of the little circular mark). A pop-rivet will fit perfectly through floorplate and limiter.

Other magazine limiters are available for USGI mags, etc... look into:
calegalmags
magazineblocks.com

If you already have magpuls, probably easier to convert than deal with buying/selling/trading.

Also, some 10 round mags have feeding issues. Not the most reliable mags out there.

Dhena81
09-21-2012, 9:23 AM
The Colt LE6920 is not a OLL unless they changed the marks on their new lowers to M4 carbine like on the 6920CA.

rojocorsa
09-21-2012, 10:12 AM
The Colt LE6920 is not a OLL unless they changed the marks on their new lowers to M4 carbine like on the 6920CA.

This.

The BCM is the safest bet across the board. They have a reputation for quality.

NavyGuy408
09-22-2012, 3:55 AM
Thanks everyone... i appretiate the input! I posted a new thread about romanian made ak47... if it has the same rules, im going to get one of those if i can find one at a good price.

cz 75 compact
bcm m4 carbine mod 2
springfield 1911 mil spec
and romanian made ak47 (cuz im romanian)

thats my list so far!