PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Firearms Customer Service Review

grocery getter
09-20-2012, 7:33 AM
I have never ordered a firearm online as most of the weapons I have ever used were purchased in a store or issued to me by Uncle Sam. I could not find a rifle I wanted locally so I made the decision to order it from Atlantic.

I emailed them on a Saturday afternoon to check if the rifle I wanted was in stock. I did not expect a response until Monday or Tuesday because I thought they would already be closed for the weekend. To my surprise I received a response Sunday confirming that the rifle I wanted was in stock and they would be happy to help with a California Legal Order.

I tried to place my order online but kept getting an error message. I thought something was wrong with Atlantic's website. I emailed Atlantic and once again got a quick response letting me know that the issue was not with Atlantic but with my bank (I did not realize my bank had built in daily limits for online transactions to protect consumers in case their cards were compromised).

I was able to get the issue with my debit card resolved and complete my order. I also placed 3 phone calls to Atlantic during the order process and 2 out of the 3 were answered by a live person. The call that was not answered was returned and I got a detailed message from Atlantic.

I can't wait for my rifle to arrive and in the future I will be happy to order from Atlantic again.

grocery getter
09-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Unfortunately it seems I spoke too soon about Atlantic. I emailed them today to find out why my rifle had not shipped. I got a reply from the sales department saying the rifle should have been shipped.

I then got a call from their shipping department who informed me that they had basically forgotten about my order. The person who called me said I was basically SOL and that he would try to get the rifle out next week. I won't be ordering from Atlantic in the future.

hellayella
09-28-2012, 4:34 PM
talk to Blaine, he will make it right bro!

Joe Bishop
10-03-2012, 8:25 PM
They are good to go, quick responses from Blaine within a couple of days. I would recommend them to anyone.

Atlantic Firearms
10-04-2012, 5:29 PM
Grocery Getter

It is really doubtfully we would have said you are **** out of Luck and you rifle will be delayed more time I would really like to have your name or order number so we can research you claim . Yes Humans work at Atlantic and there is always the possibility for a mistake but it is not like we do it on purpose . If you are correct and the order was massively delayed as you claim we will be glad to send you a $50 check for this problem . We will be more than glad to post the outcome here we have nothing to hide and can admit to a mistake if in fact it took place .

grocery getter
10-06-2012, 9:52 PM
I was hesitant to reply as it seems you are calling me a liar about what I posted, but here is what you asked for.

Order Number: 0000000324
Order Date: 2012-09-17
Order Status: Confirmed

Below are the emails I sent and received after I waited approximately ten business days for my order to ship.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Sep 28 (8 days ago)

to Atlantic
Do you have an estimate when this order will ship to the FFL?
sales@atlanticfirearms.com

Sep 28 (8 days ago)

to me

XXXXX

It should have shipped by now I will forward this on to the ship dept and have them contact you today

Thank You

Atlantic Firearms.com

410 352 5183

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 2:27 PM
To: Atlantic Firearms, LLC.
Subject: Re: [0000000324], Confirmed order at Atlantic Firearms, LLC., total $1,009.00
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX@gmail.com

Sep 28 (8 days ago)

to sales

Thank you.

I received a call from someone in the shipping department after I emailed the sales department for an update on my rifle. The person who I spoke to told me that my order had not been pulled for shipping and installation of the bullet button because some paper had not been printed out or given to him by some other department.

I asked him if my rifle was going to ship out after I spoke with him and he told me no. He said fedex had already come for the day. He also told me the rifle was not ready to be shipped. I asked him when the rifle would be ready to ship. He said he didn't know and would try to move my rifle to the front of the line. I asked him if it would ship out the following Monday and he said he didn't know.

My rifle did show up to the FFL on October 5th.

My issue with ordering from Atlantic in the future stems from the phone call I received from the shipping department. I can overlook the fact that my order was not completed because someone made a mistake. A more appropriate response from the shipping department would have left me willing to purchase from Atlantic again.

After getting off the phone I felt like the person I spoke to had better things to do than complete my order. I would have been happy with something like "Sorry we lost track of your order, I will have someone take it to fedex and get it out today" or "I will make sure your order gets sent out first thing monday"

Atlantic Firearms
10-07-2012, 4:30 AM
No we are not calling you a liar it is just not the normal operating situation and want to research you order and situation so we can see exactly what took place. We can make mistakes here or possibly trip up on a order and try to learn from our mistakes not shrug them off . Sometimes we are wrong others the customer we will check into this and make a post back on the site once our office opens back up on Monday. We are a honest company and can admit to a mistake.

grocery getter
10-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Blaine from Atlantic called me and addressed the issue I had with ordering my rifle. He took my concerns seriously and let me know that what happened with my order was not normal.

After talking with Blaine, I feel that my order was an isolated case and is not how Atlantic normally takes care of customer orders. I do not think this problem will repeat itself.

I will give Atlantic a second chance and I think they are serious about preventing any issues like this in the future.

Schutzman
10-12-2012, 9:23 AM
Each time speaking with Blaine has been a pleasure, addressing concerns, answering specific questions to each rifle selected. I too look forward to placing an order with them.

Schutz

hellayella
10-13-2012, 8:58 AM
Blain and the boys At Atlantic promised 3-4 days via Fed-Ex and they came through haha!

Snake Eyes USA
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Atlantic is top notch with customer service. Blaine is the man and friendly. He takes his business serious.

Most gun shops for some reason. People are rude or act like they are god and you a nobody. I dont get this type of attitude at gun shops. Almost act like LEO's.

Atlantic is NOT like that. A+ in my book. Even with customers like me who always check and double check things are going smooth with the order.

Very happy with my Red Russian AK.

peppermintman
11-14-2012, 1:38 PM
Atlantic is top notch with customer service. Blaine is the man and friendly. He takes his business serious.

Most gun shops for some reason. People are rude or act like they are god and you a nobody. I dont get this type of attitude at gun shops. Almost act like LEO's.

Atlantic is NOT like that. A+ in my book. Even with customers like me who always check and double check things are going smooth with the order.

Very happy with my Red Russian AK.

I aggree that they are dependable to do business with. Got a Polish from them sight unseen, only at their website and it was new and flawless. Still own it and it my most accurate shooter. Of course its milled but I do recommend to my friends and they are all happy. As far as AK variants I think they have the best selection available. That Serbian I believe is the one I tell everyone to buy.
No one I know had problems with shipments.

STR8HEATED
11-14-2012, 1:44 PM
Ordered a ptr91f from atlantic in the past and the transaction went smooth as silk. Will order again if I cant locate the firearm here on the west coast. I love looking at their cali legal section.:)

nssurge
12-14-2012, 7:10 PM
Had a great transaction, thanks for getting it sent out quick!

nssurge
12-14-2012, 7:10 PM
Had a great transaction, thanks for getting it sent out quick!

jpkar
11-16-2013, 7:43 PM
Sent an email to Atlantic Arms about an item in stock, hopefully they reply during the weekday. I hope they are still good to do business with as they were 2012.

Atlantic Firearms.com
11-17-2013, 4:52 AM
Most emails are responded to within 24 hours or less when did you send the email ?

jpkar
11-17-2013, 7:48 AM
Got really quick response considering its a Sunday. Impressed so far thanks. Will be making a purchase!

bsut
11-27-2013, 4:19 PM
My order confirmation email was Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:34:42 -0700
My shipping confirmation email was Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:39:20 -0700

Wow! I'm really, really impressed with this level of service.
38 hours from order confirmation Monday evening, including special California compliance handling (mag lock installation), to fulfillment Wednesday morning.
That's truly amazing performance - these guys are doing it right!

I was concerned that, with compliance handling and the default ground shipping and FFL jail time, I might not be able to take possession before the end of the calendar year deadline. But they were so quick with the order fulfillment, I'll have it in my hands comfortably before Christmas :D

jpkar
11-27-2013, 6:22 PM
ok that sounds great, just completed a purchase as well, wonder when it will ship with the holiday and all...

Atlantic Firearms.com
11-28-2013, 3:37 AM
We do cover on the web site CA orders can take 10- 12 business days to process & ship out based on the item and our current backlog. We strive to get orders out as quickly as possible but can not predict ship times . It is all influenced on incoming shipments that have to be checked in and outgoing orders.

Pauliedad
11-28-2013, 5:09 AM
Been happy with Atlantic.
California friendly makes all the difference for me. Good website too

Atlantic Firearms.com
12-02-2013, 2:17 AM
We have no idea what you are talking about waiting for a month ????

Michael Ehline
12-02-2013, 8:00 AM
We have no idea what you are talking about waiting for a month ????

Thanks for the email explanations on a the Sandy Hook delays. I was very impressed with you nailing me back with several e mails. I have made the purchase and appreciate it that you are very concerned about your reputation. Semper Fidelis. Look forward to receiving me Vepr12.

rizo7557
12-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Im in the process of receiving a VEPR 12 and so far have not had a single issue with their service. Still waiting on the VEPR buts only been three days. So far great service and response.

jpkar
12-08-2013, 8:38 AM
Happy camper here

Full Clip
12-08-2013, 8:43 AM
My only problem with Atlantic is that they offer so many awesome firearms and accept credit cards. ;)

czshooter
12-11-2013, 7:36 AM
I have had great service. I ordered two rifles and had them to my FFL in six days. This includes fedex problems with the recent storms. I would not hesitate to order from them again.