PDA

View Full Version : BURRO CANYON - nice range, bad attitude with worker

GlockComa
07-01-2007, 1:26 PM
First time at Burro yesterday had a good time but really didn't like the attitude of one of the workers.

I went with my girlfriend (who went just to spectate) and met with friends there who were renting out the 110 yard range.

One of the workers decides to give me attitude and starts threatening me when I go to the office to pay my $15.

He starts asking me where my girlfriends $15 was and I tell him shes not shooting. Then he proceeds to tell me if he catches my girlfriend shooting that hes going to kick me and the rest of the people out of the range. I'm standing their thinking to myself "WTF"? So I asked him what his problem was? That I was there for the first and just paying my money and checking in like the range states. Then and there thats when a younger guy just asked me to sign in and go have some fun.

After all that was said and done, I had a good day of shooting but still had a sour taste in my mouth after what had happened.

Ford8N
07-01-2007, 2:13 PM
Probably in the past, he has been taken advantage of or he had a bad case of hemorrhoids. Blow it off.;)

hoozaru
07-01-2007, 2:15 PM
what does he look like?
so we can avoid dealing with this guy in the future

GlockComa
07-01-2007, 4:13 PM
Hes the older heavy set guy with light hair (dirty blonde).
He was on a red atv all day long.

The other 2 guys who were cool had dark hair.

Ford8N - Yeah I'm blowing it off. Burro is a nice place to shoot.
Nice place to shoot and get a tan haha. I'll just avoid 1 of the workers there.

Moonclip
07-01-2007, 4:26 PM
He could have been polite about it but this is a common problem at ranges. Someone says they sre not going to shoot, then does so. $ and liabilty problem.

JOEKILLA
07-01-2007, 5:33 PM
He seems like the owner or someone in charge there.

He does come off as rude sometimes but he's a cool guy and will take care of
you.

wildcard
07-03-2007, 1:09 PM
Well I can't excuse the incident as that's just poor customer service.. but i'll also add that he's actually not that bad of a guy especially once he sees you a couple of times. He certain does try to protect the interests of the range but in this case wrongly judged and handled you. The younger kid is definitely cool though.

Oh yeah.. I was there on Saturday too.. specifically at the trap range (located at the back of the private range area) shooting with my girl.

ibanezfoo
07-03-2007, 7:14 PM
If thats the guy I'm thinking of, yeah, he's usually a little short with people and seemingly hurried, but not really bad. He's actually taken time to answer my questions and stuff without being a jerk or trying to blow us off. The only two other guys I've dealt with were an older balding guy who was super nice and a spiky haired kid who always plays with r/c cars, also totally nice to us.

-Bryan

GlockComa
07-03-2007, 7:22 PM
Burro's definitely a nice place to shoot.
I'll go there again.

I'm not a guy who holds a grudge.