PDA

View Full Version : Armed security job wanted, recommendations?

IVth Horseman
09-19-2012, 4:35 PM
Can anyone in the security industry recommend a good company in Sacramento to work for? I'm looking for full time work with a quality company.

Glock31B
09-19-2012, 4:40 PM
Pinkerton Government Services

Roninx13
09-30-2012, 7:49 AM
I used to work in the field in Sac before moving out to San Jose for a security job and I used to work for Overton Security Services. There isn't a lot of upward mobility but they are good guys to work for and they won't mess with you like other places will. Plus they are reliable on pay and hours unlike some of the other smaller complanies sad to say. If you are looking for more chances to promote I would look to some of the bigger companies like Allied Barton, G4 and Pinkerton as Glock31B stated. There some other decent middle of the road companies out there also like Monument, Secure Choice and Consolidated security services. Just look around on line and look up the business reviews. Good luck.

Vampyredark
10-12-2012, 2:33 PM
Stay away from smaller companies because they will hire anyone without a proper background check. Basically, if you get hired on the spot, that is a red flag. It means that there is a big turnover and they are desperate which means you will be working with co-workers who are probably taking their job for granted. Work for the larger companies like Pinkerton or Allied Barton because they at least can offer you benefits (just because they offer them does not mean you can still afford them). As for moving up, get a AA in criminal justice (only if you want to go career with security work) and keep your head low (stay out of the drama) because in security work, people will gladly throw you under a bus to make you look bad because it is very limited opportunity for advancement. My advice is dont make friends with anyone, but remain cordial, and dont talk much at all. Always be honest too, but dont tell on people unless it affects your work.