View Full Version : Saiga 7.62 Wooden handguards.

09-19-2012, 1:48 AM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a set of AK wooden handguards for my Saiga 7.62? I already have the regular wooden furniture, but want to change out the forward handguards to an AK set and keep the Monte Carlo buttstock to keep it featureless. Thanks for the help.

09-19-2012, 3:23 AM
There are two different 7.62 saiga calibers. No idea which you are referring to. You could start your search here though.

09-19-2012, 3:24 AM
The forum at saiga12.com also might be a good place to ask.

09-19-2012, 3:46 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I only need the upper and lower handguards and found some on Ironwood. Was just wondering if there was a cheaper alternative than the $100 for the set. I have a Platic Tapco Intrafuse handguard set, but want to match my wooden buttstock to wooden handguards. Thanks again fellas!

09-19-2012, 4:25 AM
Gunbroker and also some other online retailers sell them about 20-45. Ill try and find the link i saw the other day.

Dont forget, if you are going from saiga handguards to ak handguards, you will need to do one of 2 things:

1. Press off the sigh block to get a old style hg retainer on (pita)
2. Buy an adapter, and make a notch in your barrel to accomodate it.

09-19-2012, 4:32 AM
Just a note: it may need some stoning down to make room for the ak gas tube(mine did)

Another thing. You need an ak47 gas tube, which will accomodate the upper handguard.

Its a fun project, just did it myself last weekend. And used aimsmall's wood stock refinishing tutorial. Good luck to ya!

09-19-2012, 6:12 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I changed my gas block out that I got from Dinzagarms. I am wondering how far I want to go as far as removing the sight block so that I can have the cleaning rod attached as well. I heard that the sight block R&R is kind of a P.I.T.A. I ordered the "OG" 47 slant brake but I still need to tap the barrel. I will check out those links and gunbroker for some handguards.