PDA

View Full Version : 100yd/200yd "Bench" match - Sunday September 23 - @ Concord USI Multipurpose Range

killshot44
09-18-2012, 3:58 PM
Diablo Rod and Gun Club hosts a monthly Benchrest Match the 4th Sunday of each month.
Join us this Sunday in Concord at United Sportsmen's Multi-Purpose Range. Sign-in at 1:00, shooting immediately after.

You do not need be a club member to participate. This is a "Score" match, not a Smallest Group contest.
This is a Bench match (no Prone) with shots fired from a rest or bipod or shooting bag atop the bench. Need sandbags? bring them.
If your riflescope cannot make out your bullet holes at 200yds bring a spotting scope that can.
Shooters have 30 minutes to fire FOUR five-shot groups, and may fire an unlimited number of Sighters during the 30 minute period.
We use the IBS 200yd Benchrest Target (see below) and use Bulls 5 & 6 for Sighters and the Bulls 1 - 4 for your Record Shots.
Centerfire shooters compete at 200yds, Rimfire shooters and Iron Sight shooters compete at 100yds. Bulls (5-ring) are 6" across.
We will run Rimfire shooters match first at 100yds (along with any iron-sighted rifles) followed by the Centerfire shooters at 200yds.
For scoring purposes, we will break out Semiautos from Boltguns in the Centerfire category. The highest total score wins in each category.
Top shooter in each of the three categories will receive a prize.

Cost is $7 per rifle ($14 if you shoot both Rimfire and Centerfire)
This is a low-key non-registered match. Shooting is supposed to be fun - so that's our goal.

Scores and winners will be announced in the Clubhouse immediately following the match, which should finish by 2:30 - 3:00.
Leave a post if you think you can make it or if you have a question.

The Target
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab348/Killshot44_bucket/IBS200yd.jpg

A view of May's match
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab348/Killshot44_bucket/SAM_0072-1.jpg

Siberian23
09-18-2012, 6:56 PM
Im planning on making it! Rim and center fire.

Decoy453
09-18-2012, 9:09 PM
I will shoot in both. I hope a few more semi auto rifles make it this time.

jtv3062
09-18-2012, 11:29 PM
I will shoot in both. I hope a few more semi auto rifles make it this time.

I'm going to bring my m1a this time.

nimoZ
09-19-2012, 11:05 PM
BTT,
Sorry, I can't make it this time. My 22 is still in the shop and I previously decided to go to Fresno's LR match. Next time!

wooger
09-20-2012, 4:32 AM
I won't be back in time , but will make the

next one.

nimoZ
09-20-2012, 1:42 PM
I won't be back in time , but will make the

next one.

Hey, as per the old saying, you owe us a trip report!

"Wenn jemand eine Reise tut, so kann er was erzählen." - Matthias Claudius, (1740 - 1815)

Decoy453
09-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Jtv3062 are you going to shoot scoped or open sights on the m1a?

jtv3062
09-22-2012, 5:38 AM
Open sights

coy80176
09-22-2012, 9:27 PM
...I'll try to free up the afternoon to join in for the fun.

This time I want to warm up the ol' .22

Cheers!

killshot44
09-23-2012, 8:33 PM
15 shooters made it out today.
Congrats to Tim Lasker for his excellent shooting in Rimfire and to Sean M AKA Mattt for the win in Centerfire.
I'll give your prizes to you when I see you again, just couldn't make it to the clubhouse afterwards.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped me out today while my disability was kicking my *ss. You're all a good bunch of guys.

Next match is October 28. There'll be a thread around the 20th.

Don't forget the 3x600 match in Sac next month, too!

Long Rifle
09-24-2012, 6:22 AM
Congrats to Tim Lasker for his excellent shooting in Rimfire and to Sean M AKA Mattt for the win in Centerfire.
I'll give your prizes to you when I see you again, just couldn't make it to the clubhouse afterwards.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped me out today while my disability was kicking my *ss. You're all a good bunch of guys.

Killshot made sure everyone had a nice time even though he obviously wasn't feeling well. A big thanks to him for that. Congrats to Matt and Tim. Hope to see you all at the next match. I'll try to keep my shots on my own target next time...LOL :o :facepalm: :D

nimoZ
09-24-2012, 11:02 AM

Incredible - the guy with the special chair wins again !
Good job Mattt - what caliber this time?

jtv3062
09-24-2012, 1:24 PM
Incredible - the guy with the special chair wins again !
Good job Mattt - what caliber this time?

Not only he had the chair he had the wind flag on his Target stand.
:)

jtv3062
09-24-2012, 1:27 PM
Killshot made sure everyone had a nice time even though he obviously wasn't feeling well. A big thanks to him for that. Congrats to Matt and Tim. Hope to see you all at the next match. I'll try to keep my shots on my own target next time...LOL :o :facepalm: :D

I'll let you shoot my Target if I can get any points out of it. The m1a wasn't a good choice to use for me yesterday.

mattt
09-24-2012, 5:05 PM
I did change the tape on the wheels to black on the stool and used a bipod on my 308 but in fairness took windflag off the target frame:D

coy80176
09-24-2012, 7:14 PM
Killshot - the host with the most.

To the winners, way to go....nice shootin':cowboy:

To the guy(s) that I (also) shot their targets....I owe you(z) a round at the clubhouse!:o

Cheers:cheers2:

Decoy453
09-24-2012, 7:14 PM
Killshot thanks for running another great match and making it happen with you not feeling good. Any thiughts of moving the shoot to the morning to get done intime for the afternoon football?
Sean did some nice shooting again but I do not think the stool helps but the mini fan to help fight the wind needs to be reviewed. Lol

killshot44
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Killshot thanks for running another great match and making it happen with you not feeling good. Any thoughts of moving the shoot to the morning to get done intime for the afternoon football?

I'm working on getting a couple of the Club regulars RSO-certified so in the event I can't run a match, someone else will.
I did NOT want anyone to get there and not get to shoot - that sucks too much for me to allow.

As for the time? Football, as great as it is, is seasonal while this goes year-'round. For as many guys that tell me the morning would be better, others want their sleep or church time.

I'm hoping that more guys will come out, shoot some matches, and get bit by the accuracy bug. Hard.

I want to help grow the sport locally and make matches more available and fun, while still being challenging.

If anyone has thought about becoming a club member of Diablo Rod & Gun, you can do so by attending a meeting and signing up. The club meets at the Range Clubhouse the first Thursday of each month at 7:30pm.
Among the many good reasons to join is that Diablo is a affiliate club for the CMP. It is very simple to get your CMP sign-off for the Garand you've always wanted.

Thanks again to everyone who came out Sunday.