PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Arms Ambi Charging Handle

Tjfearl
09-18-2012, 2:12 PM
I know lots of people are trying to get their hands on this amazing charging handle. I have one and I absolutely love it. Just wanted to pass on that www.joeboboutfitters.com has these in stock right now. They also offer a CGN discount. ***Use coupon code "CALGUNS" for 5% off*** and they have free shipping on orders over $90. They will also ship "rebuild kits" with no disassembly fee.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RAR%2DRaptor&CartID=1

strongpoint
09-18-2012, 2:28 PM
i have one, and i agree -- it's great. it feels more solid than even a gunfighter, which i've also used and loved, and certainly more so than a mil-spec. looks like it'll take the RTV trick, too.

i'm waiting for the troy ambi and parabellum ADF to be released so i can compare.

Tjfearl
09-18-2012, 2:40 PM
Agree. It is very solid. I want to buy more. It is really hard though because I bought my first one with the RA intro price of $60. I wish I had of yanked up a few more at that intro price.

MrPlink
09-18-2012, 2:43 PM
hmmm, looks neat but also like a bit of an overkill. Spendy too

Tjfearl
09-18-2012, 2:49 PM

In reality its priced competitively with other Ambi CH's like BCM and whatnot. I'm not a lefty, but I do train to offhand shoot and correct failures off hand. It helps.

MrPlink
09-18-2012, 2:53 PM
In reality its priced competitively with other Ambi CH's like BCM and whatnot. I'm not a lefty, but I do train to offhand shoot and correct failures off hand. It helps.

I can still manipulate my CH just fine if I go southpaw :shrug:

Tjfearl
09-18-2012, 2:59 PM
I can still manipulate my CH just fine if I go southpaw :shrug:

True, this is easy if you are using iron sights or a red dot. We use ACOGs with the Marine unit I work with. When you have an optic that backs up flush or hangs past the charging handle it becomes more difficult to manipulate the CH latch release. On my personal rifle I use a 3x magnifier with my Vortex SPARC. The magnifier sticks out past the charging handle making it hard to charge my weapon off hand. I am in no way trying to tell you to buy this product. Just letting you guys know it is in stock at a good retailer and is an awesome product.

MrPlink
09-18-2012, 3:01 PM
When you have an optic that backs up flush or hangs past the charging handle it becomes more difficult to manipulate the CH latch release.

Gotcha, I have run rifles like that before so I know what you mean. It has been a while so it slipped my mind.

Well, in either case still not for me :p

I do like Rainier arms stuff a lot though. Solid guys too, I paid them a visit last march or april or so.

starsnuffer
09-18-2012, 4:59 PM
They make great stuff. Most of it is overenginered and high priced, but it works as advertised.

-W

mlevans66
09-18-2012, 8:06 PM
You know that thing looks preeeeeeeety snazzy BUT the price is to much for me.

JoeBobOutfitters.com
09-20-2012, 6:07 PM
They are pretty snazzy, and a bit pricey compared to a standard charging handle, but for the guy who wants ambi controls they're awesome. Much better than all the alternatives out there that we've seen in that same price range for sure.

dsavells
09-20-2012, 6:58 PM
Got mine for $60 straight from Rainier as they had a special on their first batch, then the price went up again. Great charging handle though. Was wanting a badger ambi, but no one had them and didn't look like they would be available for a long time.

strongpoint
09-20-2012, 7:47 PM
Got mine for $60 straight from Rainier as they had a special on their first batch, then the price went up again.

same for me. i gotta say, they make a lot more sense at that price.

negolien
09-21-2012, 5:07 AM

Yeah No Sh** huh. $80 bucks ouch...:( It is very nice though but man that's alot of cabbage.

deviljon
09-21-2012, 6:11 AM
Picked up 2 of these when they were going for $60 a piece. More of a "just because" kind of purchase.

Plus my GF is a lefty so I can say it's for her!