PDA

View Full Version : What the heck? California State Militia?....

DavidR310
09-18-2012, 2:19 AM
Is this for real?

http://socal-militia.com/index.html

JJG4RLoJ2DU

Librarian
09-18-2012, 2:26 AM
An 'unofficial' group.

See also http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=mvc&group=00001-01000&file=120-130, MILITARY AND VETERANS CODE, SECTION 120-130

TacticalPlinker
09-18-2012, 2:36 AM
I had a thread on them awhile back when I saw one of them at a gun show earlier in the year.

Saw 'em at the local gun show last weekend too, they had a booth.

badlandsbutch
09-18-2012, 2:40 AM
Tha California State Military Reserve is the official State Militia that supports the California National Guard. You can join, check out their website.

DavidR310
09-18-2012, 2:58 AM
Ok so California State Military Reserve is just the National Guard?

DavidR310
09-18-2012, 3:13 AM
Ok, sent an email to the army people. I will let you know what happens.

I_Love_My_.38
09-18-2012, 4:33 AM
I wouldnt join, I can see it now, FBI informant in there sparks up a conversation on what would you do if the govt etc etc and bam! federal indictments on conspiracy charges, see the hutaree militia

DavidR310
09-18-2012, 4:53 AM
I meant I sent an email to these guys:

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/casmr/Pages/unit_contact.aspx

TacticalPlinker
09-18-2012, 6:23 AM
As Librarian said, these guys are an UNOFFICIAL organization. They are NOT affiliated in any way with the California state government, U.S. federal government or any branch of the military.

Please don't be confused!

problemchild
09-18-2012, 8:40 AM
The Meaning of the Words in the Second Amendment

The Second Amendment:

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. (http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html)

whlgun
09-18-2012, 10:03 AM
I just want to know where they are doing there training

whlgun
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM
The family they help with the jeep in the second video on there website is a friend of mine. Looks like I will get to find out where they train.

problemchild
09-18-2012, 11:17 AM
The family they help with the jeep in the second video on there website is a friend of mine. Looks like I will get to find out where they train.

If any person at any time mentions doing anything illegal....RUN the other way.

mindwip
09-18-2012, 12:40 PM
David

The csmr is not the national guard. They support the national guard and the state.

The csmr is a state and federal recognized state defense force. They are the only approved and state funded military force.

TacticalPlinker
09-18-2012, 1:02 PM

I was told they do some training in the Mojave desert.

By the way, if you're expecting "weapons training", think again... It's illegal per California penal code 11460...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=11001-12000&file=11460

bellts
09-18-2012, 1:13 PM
What ever happened to the Minute Men?

Alan Halcon
09-18-2012, 2:31 PM
They train at various bases and armories

Los Alamitos JFTB
Azusa Armory
Mira Mar
March Air Force Base
Channel Islands
Camp Slo
Camp Roberts
Long Beach Armory
They regularly visit Fort Irwin

Tactical Plinker, you are waaaaaay WRONG!!! Go to JFTB sometime and see who secfor at the gate is, strapped with M9... You will see Name Tapes that say either U.S. ARMY or CALIFORNIA. The uniforms are the same but the distinction is the name tape.

They have a SATT team up North that are all CSMR

MPs down south in JFTB and San Diego, who regularly train, certified and qualified with weapons.

They have COMMO IC4U that is run by these guys.

They have JAG and Doctors

They have an official Combat Lifesaver Program that trains the National Guard. Certified and Recognized by the dept. of the Army.

You have former Rangers, Airborne, and Special Forces who are part of it... Yep they are tabbed up. You have former Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard.

Some of the units are embedded with the National Guard.

They are governed by the GOVERNOR and TAG out of Sacramento.

Instead of making uniformed statements, try educating yourselves and see what they really do and why, at least on those bases and armories, the National Guard Loves them.

Oh by the way, they also have an Air force Division where they wear ABUs. and are embedded with AIR FORCE

SickofSoCal
09-18-2012, 2:34 PM
I wouldnt join, I can see it now, FBI informant in there sparks up a conversation on what would you do if the govt etc etc and bam! federal indictments on conspiracy charges, see the hutaree militia

Also see Schaeffer Cox & the Alaska Peacekeepers Militia.

problemchild
09-18-2012, 5:20 PM
So they are a government run militia? Why is it they can have this militia but "we the people" can not?

Why is this the first time this has been posted here? They seem like a great group but I know nothing of this militia.

They train at various bases and armories

Los Alamitos JFTB
Azusa Armory
Mira Mar
March Air Force Base
Channel Islands
Camp Slo
Camp Roberts
Long Beach Armory Closed down
They regularly visit Fort Irwin

Tactical Plinker, you are waaaaaay WRONG!!! Go to JFTB sometime and see who secfor at the gate is, strapped with M9... You will see Name Tapes that say either U.S. ARMY or CALIFORNIA. The uniforms are the same but the distinction is the name tape.

They have a SATT team up North that are all CSMR

MPs down south in JFTB and San Diego, who regularly train, certified and qualified with weapons.

They have COMMO IC4U that is run by these guys.

They have JAG and Doctors

They have an official Combat Lifesaver Program that trains the National Guard. Certified and Recognized by the dept. of the Army.

You have former Rangers, Airborne, and Special Forces who are part of it... Yep they are tabbed up. You have former Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard.

Some of the units are embedded with the National Guard.

They are governed by the GOVERNOR and TAG out of Sacramento.

Instead of making uniformed statements, try educating yourselves and see what they really do and why, at least on those bases and armories, the National Guard Loves them.

Oh by the way, they also have an Air force Division where they wear ABUs. and are embedded with AIR FORCE

Alan Halcon
09-18-2012, 5:40 PM
The National Guard Armory in Long Beach is closed? huh! Well I didn't know that.

Actually, here's a website with some of their stuff

http://csmrsoldier.com/

mindwip
09-18-2012, 5:51 PM
problemchild,

The op topic is not the CSMR. The CSMR has many threads on this forum. I believe over 30+ states have a SMR or SDF. In fact a lot have been around since WWII.

problemchild
09-18-2012, 5:54 PM
The National Guard Armory in Long Beach is closed? huh! Well I didn't know that.

Well if its the same place I drive by it was on the east side of signal hill and another site near lakewood and 405 is closed as well. The site on the east side of signal hill was big and well stocked. Im sad to see it go. That was my go to place if shtf. :D I was going to trade Columbian prostitutes and firewater for a few supplies.

So your link is the same people as the link above? (http://socal-militia.com/index.html)

mindwip
09-18-2012, 6:05 PM
Completely different. The CSMR has been around since 1846

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/casmr/Pages/default.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Military_Reserve

Alan Halcon
09-18-2012, 6:08 PM
Well there has been so much thread drift between the two, I inadvertently mistook it for the CSMR.

Indeed you are right Mindwhip. The OP wasn't talking about the CSMR. Now I am re reading everything again, and I do believe my wires were crossed in the way I was reading.

My apologies to all

DavidR310
09-18-2012, 6:09 PM
Socal Militia is NOT the CSMR!

I originally posted about the social militia and then someone told me about the csmr.

Like Librarian said, the social militia is unofficial and is not something I would want myself or anyone that I know to associate with.

problemchild
09-18-2012, 6:15 PM
Well there has been so much thread drift between the two, I inadvertently mistook it for the CSMR.

Indeed you are right Mindwhip. The OP wasn't talking about the CSMR. Now I am re reading everything again, and I do believe my wires were crossed in the way I was reading.

My apologies to all

On the "other" militias site they have pictures of them training with evil black rifles. I thought that was illegal in CA?

whlgun
09-18-2012, 6:28 PM

By the way, if you're expecting "weapons training", think again... It's illegal per California penal code 11460...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=11001-12000&file=11460

I called my friend to verify and it was in fact him in the video. He was looking to buy some land and wanted to go camp there a night to check it out. He did buy the land and is open to me going up and shooting.

He also said the guys there "training" were very help full.

Small world

guns4life
09-18-2012, 6:37 PM
The SMR(NOT THE GROUP IN THE OP) is pretty awesome. As a non-prior i've had the chance to drive Army vehicles(with an Army DL) in convoys, help run shooting ranges(with trigger time), become a certified combat lifesaver, learned how to use military comms, become red cross first aid certified, the list goes on and on. All of this over the course of one year(1Sept).

The SMR has been life changing.

njineermike
09-18-2012, 6:48 PM
The SMR(NOT THE GROUP IN THE OP) is pretty awesome. As a non-prior i've had the chance to drive Army vehicles(with an Army DL) in convoys, help run shooting ranges(with trigger time), become a certified combat lifesaver, learned how to use military comms, become red cross first aid certified, the list goes on and on. All of this over the course of one year(1Sept).

The SMR has been life changing.

I've missed the last 2 orientations as a non-prior due to schedule conflicts, but I hope to make the next one. Some of those "militia" groups scare the crap out of me.

problemchild
09-18-2012, 9:48 PM
I've missed the last 2 orientations as a non-prior due to schedule conflicts, but I hope to make the next one. Some of those "militia" groups scare the crap out of me.

Where is the schedule for orient?

njineermike
09-18-2012, 9:50 PM

You have to have an invite from a recuiter. Go to the Cal Guard website and they will put you in contact with one.

DavidR310
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Here we go...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=241886

CBlacksheep
09-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Some of those "militia" groups scare the crap out of me.

That's the thinking that the gun grabbers love.

guns4life
09-19-2012, 6:10 AM

PM member "Capo"

TacticalPlinker
09-19-2012, 7:12 AM
As Librarian said, these guys are an UNOFFICIAL organization. They are NOT affiliated in any way with the California state government, U.S. federal government or any branch of the military.

Please don't be confused!

Look, I know it's difficult for some of you to read because a few of you still don't seem to understand... But I urge to please read again what is posted directly above, and what is posted directly below in case you're still confused...

This "So Cal Militia" group (SCSM - http://socal-militia.com/index.html ) IS NOT, I repeat, IS NOT a local, state or federal government organization!

They are a private unofficial organization comprised of civilians!

They ARE NOT military, military reserve or otherwise associated with any branch of United States military.

njineermike
09-19-2012, 7:46 AM
Look, I know it's difficult for some of you to read because a few of you still don't seem to understand... But I urge to please read again what is posted directly above, and what is posted directly below in case you're still confused...

This "So Cal Militia" group (SCSM - http://socal-militia.com/index.html ) IS NOT, I repeat, IS NOT a local, state or federal government organization!

They are a private unofficial organization comprised of civilians!

They ARE NOT military, military reserve or otherwise associated with any branch of United States military.

We made sure the OP understands that, and pointed him to the California National Guard State Military Reserve, which IS an actual arm of the real army national guard, sworn oath, rank, and activation by the Governor during fires, floods, landslides and the occasional land invasion by Nevada.

Alan Halcon
09-19-2012, 6:53 PM
Tactical Plinker,

You are correct, 100%.

One my end, I apologized for my crossed wires in how I read all the posts... I own that one!

Sorry!

TacticalPlinker
09-20-2012, 2:47 AM
Tactical Plinker,

You are correct, 100%.

One my end, I apologized for my crossed wires in how I read all the posts... I own that one!

Sorry!

No problem. I understand completely.

Just trying to make sure whoever reads this thread understands the differences between the organizations mentioned here (SCSM & CMSR), and that they are not all one in the same.

There is a major difference between an official militia like CMSR under control of the California state government and the United States military, vs. joining a private unofficial organization like SCSM...

I'll leave it at that. Enough said.

SKSer
10-07-2012, 8:28 AM
Not to bring up a dead thread, but i was at the range yesterday and a guy from the SCSM (Southern California State Militia) approached me and my fellow shooters. He was a pretty cool guy. He was telling me all about the militia. and he had full nice BDU's on with patches and he addressed himself as a Sargent, and what looked to be his son addressed himself as a Corporal, also with full BDU's and patches.

I made the mistake of thinking he was CSMR ( California State Military Reserve), and i had talked to a guy here at CG before about joining up with the CSMR. So i was telling him "oh yea, I've heard about you guys" and i mentioned CG and how i had thought about joining them, which i thought was the CSMR. he gave me a card and I just continued on shooting. Then my buddy went down and was talking to him for quite a bit and he came back and was saying "man, i dont know about those guys". And still not getting it, I was telling him, "no dude they are totally through the state, and are meant to aid the national guard and what not, they are totally legit" ha ha, what a dweeb i am.

TacticalPlinker
10-08-2012, 7:03 AM
Not to bring up a dead thread, but i was at the range yesterday and a guy from the SCSM (Southern California State Militia) approached me and my fellow shooters. He was a pretty cool guy. He was telling me all about the militia. and he had full nice BDU's on with patches and he addressed himself as a Sargent, and what looked to be his son addressed himself as a Corporal, also with full BDU's and patches.

I made the mistake of thinking he was CSMR ( California State Military Reserve), and i had talked to a guy here at CG before about joining up with the CSMR. So i was telling him "oh yea, I've heard about you guys" and i mentioned CG and how i had thought about joining them, which i thought was the CSMR. he gave me a card and I just continued on shooting. Then my buddy went down and was talking to him for quite a bit and he came back and was saying "man, i dont know about those guys". And still not getting it, I was telling him, "no dude they are totally through the state, and are meant to aid the national guard and what not, they are totally legit" ha ha, what a dweeb i am.

Yeah... Not sure how to respond to that...

You need to pay more attention to who you're talking to/with. Hopefully you spoke with your friend (/whoever else) and corrected yourself.

JoeJinKY
10-08-2012, 7:22 AM
What a joke! Their website looks like it was put together as a 6th grade website building class project! I think they should send their best "warriors" to Kentucky ... you know ... to gauge their effectiveness! :D

dieselpower
10-08-2012, 6:04 PM
Looks like there are 43 guys and one girl in their unit. Mixed firearms. I see no rank or structure to their chain of command which tells me its only after you join will they rank you. I didnt see anything more then defend the state BS in their mission statement...which is troubling since it doesn't say who is designating what to "defend" and what to support.... or what action they will take.

They are dangerously close to an illegal paramilitary organization who operate in secret. Its one step above being in a street gang. Any member pulls a McVeigh and the whole organization is held accountable.

As someone stated before, the SECOND any member talks of illegal activity...run the hell away and contact the FBI for your own good.

chris
10-08-2012, 8:20 PM

it depends on what day. it can be either a MP or those guys. i work there and i talk to the guards all the time at the gate.

IIRC they don't get paid either.

TacticalPlinker
10-09-2012, 1:28 AM
Looks like there are 43 guys and one girl in their unit. Mixed firearms. I see no rank or structure to their chain of command which tells me its only after you join will they rank you. I didnt see anything more then defend the state BS in their mission statement...which is troubling since it doesn't say who is designating what to "defend" and what to support.... or what action they will take.

They are dangerously close to an illegal paramilitary organization who operate in secret. Its one step above being in a street gang. Any member pulls a McVeigh and the whole organization is held accountable.

As someone stated before, the SECOND any member talks of illegal activity...run the hell away and contact the FBI for your own good.

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

QQQ
10-09-2012, 8:15 AM

Wrong.

"As used in this subdivision, "paramilitary organization" means an
organization which is not an agency of the United States government
or of the State of California, or which is not a private school
meeting the requirements set forth in Section 48222 of the Education
Code, but which engages in instruction or training in guerrilla
warfare or sabotage, or which, as an organization, engages in rioting
or the violent disruption of, or the violent interference with,
school activities."

Training with weapons as a group is NOT illegal in this state unless you are a paramilitary organization as described above. Stop the FUD.

dieselpower
10-09-2012, 8:34 PM
Wrong.

"As used in this subdivision, "paramilitary organization" means an
organization which is not an agency of the United States government
or of the State of California, or which is not a private school
meeting the requirements set forth in Section 48222 of the Education
Code, but which engages in instruction or training in guerrilla
warfare or sabotage, or which, as an organization, engages in rioting
or the violent disruption of, or the violent interference with,
school activities."

Training with weapons as a group is NOT illegal in this state unless you are a paramilitary organization as described above. Stop the FUD.

Its not FUD... they are so close to a Paramilitary Organization it isnt funny.

To meet that definition...
1) Not the State or Federal Government = CHECK
2) Not a Private School as defined under 48222 = CHECK
3) Engages in INSTRUCTION OR TRAINING IN GUERRILLA WARFARE = UNKNOWN

No one here is saying they organize riots or disruptions in school activities.

If they stand around and shoot at stationary targets while BSing with each other at a range they are ok.
BUT
If they are running carbine courses and instructing members in Team Tactics / Warfare... they are a Paramilitary Organization under CA Law.

QQQ
10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Its not FUD... they are so close to a Paramilitary Organization it isnt funny.

To meet that definition...
1) Not the State or Federal Government = CHECK
2) Not a Private School as defined under 48222 = CHECK
3) Engages in INSTRUCTION OR TRAINING IN GUERRILLA WARFARE = UNKNOWN

No one here is saying they organize riots or disruptions in school activities.

If they stand around and shoot at stationary targets while BSing with each other at a range they are ok.
BUT
If they are running carbine courses and instructing members in Team Tactics / Warfare... they are a Paramilitary Organization under CA Law.

Wrong. Small unit tactics are not unique to Guerrilla Warfare.

Armed24-7
10-10-2012, 12:53 AM
I went to their website and I also watched their videos. I must say, they looked like a bunch of 30-40 year old virgins playing "Army". They seemed to be quite a motley, disorganized bunch.

In the bottom right corner of their home page, they have a link to "Planet Infowars".....yikes!

Alan Halcon
10-10-2012, 8:31 AM
it depends on what day. it can be either a MP or those guys. i work there and i talk to the guards all the time at the gate.

IIRC they don't get paid either.

Yeah, Chris, I don't know. But, I do know those working for the sunburst academy do get paid.

I know of a few who went to the fires and got paid on ESAD

TacticalPlinker
10-10-2012, 8:30 PM
Wrong. Small unit tactics are not unique to Guerrilla Warfare.

I think you're trying to start a pointless argument.

It's not about what is or what is not...

It's about how it will be viewed by government authorities and law enforcement... be it on a local, state or federal level. The government doesn't take lightly any unofficial organized groups training with tactics and firearms.

I'm not saying it's illegal, or "wrong", or not perfectly within our legal rights as citizens to be armed or trained, nor am I saying it's something that should be avoided.

What I'm eluding to is a government investigation of this organization and slamming them with the label of "anti-government domestic terrorists" (which is not a stretch of the imagination on the part of the government). That eventuality means nothing positive for any member or affiliate of it.

As a patriot, a gun owner, and especially a gun owning citizen of the state of California, I know my name is already on a lot of lists, but I will avoid the SCSM like the plague because that's one list I don't want my name on.

That's just my opinion and my reasons for not joining or supporting them. The rest of this thread is just the irrelevant details. To each their own.

NickTheGreek
10-11-2012, 4:04 PM

What the hell happened to our right to form a militia? What is the point of a militia without training members with firearms for self-defense and for the purpose of overturning a tyrannical government entity?

chris
10-11-2012, 4:16 PM
Yeah, Chris, I don't know. But, I do know those working for the sunburst future cons academy do get paid.

I know of a few who went to the fires and got paid on ESAD

i call them future cons. they are across from my shop. they pick the worst time to run and the dummest route also. they run on the road everyone drives to get to work in the morning.

i have seen a couple of the females trying to "escape" and the MPs caught them. i thought it was pretty funny though.

Vacaville
10-11-2012, 4:19 PM

Behind bars at Guantanamo would be my guess. It's probably a front run by Homeland Security. Register and you'll be on their list.

chris
10-11-2012, 4:19 PM

the one off the 405 south of Cherry closed years ago. it's still a vacant lot.

Well if its the same place I drive by it was on the east side of signal hill and another site near lakewood and 405 is closed as well. The site on the east side of signal hill was big and well stocked. Im sad to see it go. That was my go to place if shtf. :D I was going to trade Columbian prostitutes and firewater for a few supplies.

So your link is the same people as the link above? (http://socal-militia.com/index.html)

i've been to that Armory they had Reserves there also. but that was a few years ago that i was there. they are closing stuff down due to BRAC. bummer to see that one go it was pretty big.

IIRC there was one off of Signal Hill Blvd i think is that the one you are referring to?

TacticalPlinker
10-11-2012, 5:29 PM
What the hell happened to our right to form a militia? What is the point of a militia without training members with firearms for self-defense and for the purpose of overturning a tyrannical government entity?

We still technically have the right. Read the laws. But as I mentioned a few posts up, it's less about what the actual law says and more about how an anti-2nd Amendment lawyer/District attorney/judge/jury/LEO/gov't agency will interrupt those laws and the consequences of such.

Our current gov't, especially in California, is no stranger to misguided interruptions of the laws and violating the Constitution seemingly without being question or reprisal.

Alan Halcon
10-11-2012, 5:31 PM
i call them future cons. they are across from my shop. they pick the worst time to run and the dummest route also. they run on the road everyone drives to get to work in the morning.

i have seen a couple of the females trying to "escape" and the MPs caught them. i thought it was pretty funny though.

future cons! That's funny. I've spoken with some of those guys running that academy. They have some interesting stories about what those future cons do. I know they are troubled youths, so I'm not surprised about the stories.

As for the Armory in Long Beach, the one I was referring to is The National Guard Armory, 2200 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach.

chris
10-11-2012, 5:45 PM
future cons! That's funny. I've spoken with some of those guys running that academy. They have some interesting stories about what those future cons do. I know they are troubled youths, so I'm not surprised about the stories.

last week they came into the gym. about 5 of them came in and left the gym door open. the AC is on and there is a note to not leave the door open with the AC on. well they did. i was done with my workout and one of the instructors was coming in and mentioned that are these kids born in a barn they left the door open. he took care of it.

As for the Armory in Long Beach, the one I was referring to is The National Guard Armory, 2200 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach.

i think so.

Stan08
10-11-2012, 7:18 PM
fma-kctckg4
HnWSG_Bny38

Sounds like a familiar thread...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=629087&highlight=ontario

I saw and talked to them too, check out the above links and judge for yourselves.

If this were my ship...

*Eliminate the term "militia"; it's now become a dirty word. Community Watch is just as good.

*No cammies in public...ever. Polo shirts and cargo pants are sharper looking in the public eye. If I were a legitimate Army dog (Active, Guard/Reserve, or former) I would take offense to them wearing my uniform especially those with facial hair etc.

Otherwise I get where they are coming from but their appearance and approach is on the provocative side.

Edited to add: Also in addition to the kinetic stuff (shooting stuff up) I would do some non-kinetic humanitarian ops to keep favor in the public eye (feed the homeless, habitat for humanity, etc.) Otherwise you look like a bunch of dudes in cammies, shooting stuff up and waiting for the takeover.

CrazyCobraManTim
12-09-2013, 1:26 PM
Just linking for reference to active thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=582456&page=2