PDA

View Full Version : Final checklist before firing assembled AR

Tyson
09-17-2012, 8:05 PM
I should receive my complete upper this Wednesday, what do I need to do before I fire it ? Its all PSA, I put together the lower and bought a complete upper. I know for a fact the lower is assembled and functions correctly. The upper is complete minus a BCG and charging handle which I ordered as well.

Is there anything I should function check before firing ?

Thanks.

nitroxdiver
09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I would say if you are confident that the fcg in the lower is assembled correctly, and you've tested it manually to be sure, I would clean the upper of any preservative, lube the bolt, check that the firing pin floats in the bolt and doesn't hang on anything, put it on your lower and hit the range. If you want to be extra careful, start with 1 round in the mag, then 2, then load up your 10 and start getting sights zeroed. I do this even with brand new guns from the store. 1 round, then 2, then load normally.
Have a great time!

CBruce
09-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I should receive my complete upper this Wednesday, what do I need to do before I fire it ? Its all PSA, I put together the lower and bought a complete upper. I know for a fact the lower is assembled and functions correctly. The upper is complete minus a BCG and charging handle which I ordered as well.

Is there anything I should function check before firing ?

Thanks.

SAFE - Pull the charging handle to the rear and release. Place the selector on SAFE. Pull the trigger, and the hammer should not fall.

SEMI - Place the selector on SEMI. Pull the trigger and hold to the rear. The hammer should fall. Continue to hold the trigger to the rear, pull the charging handle to the rear, and release it, Release the trigger with a slow, smooth motion until the trigger is fully forward. The hammer should not fall. Pull the trigger. The hammer should fall.