PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for shooting @ Rainbow Range near Temecula today?

Jicko
06-30-2007, 8:27 AM
Let me know and we can hook up there!!

jkgts1
06-30-2007, 5:55 PM
Just curious is it a public range? How far does it go out?

Jicko
06-30-2007, 7:55 PM
It is a club range.

It generally only have 100yd. There is a way to get 150yd, but it is a little trouble. Covered shooting area, ~10 benches

But then the best thing is, it is not crowded at all, I went this afternoon, for an hour or so, i got the whole rifle range to myself. And then it didn't get more than 4 people there total, this afternoon.... a SAT!!

It is right by HWY 15, about 1 minute off the HWY....

OptionX3
06-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Can you post a address or mapquest link? I'm in search of different ranges around my house. Plus, I have few weeks off... and boxes of reloads to try out.

Jicko
06-30-2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.recessesofmymind.com/shooting/map_directions.html

$125/yr (you need to be NRA member)

You can use the range 7 days a week, from 9 to 6.

cornholio1
07-01-2007, 12:38 AM
anywhere else near Temecula with a longer range? 200-300 or maybe 1000?

Jicko
07-01-2007, 6:32 AM
anywhere else near Temecula with a longer range? 200-300 or maybe 1000?

NCSA Pala Range
http://www.ncsapala.com

out to almost 900yd, covered shooting area, silhouette and all

club only range $45/yr, $15/day use fee (open only monday and sometimes friday)

most weekends days are occupied with some "matches"

but this is basically the BEST "long distance" range here down south

one of the rifle range:
http://www.ncsapala.com/web-long-range-with-yds.jpg

OptionX3
07-01-2007, 4:41 PM
NCSA Pala Range
http://www.ncsapala.com

out to almost 900yd, covered shooting area, silhouette and all

club only range $45/yr, $15/day use fee (open only monday and sometimes friday)

most weekends days are occupied with some "matches"

but this is basically the BEST "long distance" range here down south

one of the rifle range:
http://www.ncsapala.com/web-long-range-with-yds.jpg

How is the ".22CAL LONG RANGE MATCH" at this place? This is something I would really like to get in to. Not to be highly competitive, but just to get my feet wet and have fun.

Jicko
07-01-2007, 5:03 PM
How is the ".22CAL LONG RANGE MATCH" at this place? This is something I would really like to get in to. Not to be highly competitive, but just to get my feet wet and have fun.

I'm very likely to go out there 7/8 sunday. We can meet up there if you want.

I'll be either shooting the high-power silhouette or .22cal silhouette or the F-class...

It should be fun. You don't need to be highly competitive to come out. Just come out, and have fun.

After the match, the whole afternoon is "free for all" shoot.

All you need is have your rifle zero'ed, and to have a bullet-drop/wind-drift table for the particular ammo that you are using.

Elkman
08-25-2008, 6:45 PM
Live in Murrieta, need to sight my 30.06
Can you give me some direction and details

xyrth
08-25-2008, 7:33 PM
:( how do you people shoot inthe middle of the week? would love to have gone, but mondays @ work are ridiculously busy.

LOW2000
08-26-2008, 3:37 PM
When I go when I get off work, i'm only there for 30-45 minutes. When I go on weekdays, I generally only shoot pistol, so I have all my mags loaded and ready to go, show up, put up my target which has 5 bullseyes on a single target, go through 5 mags, 1 per bullseye, pack up and go home.

retired
08-26-2008, 4:44 PM
Since I'm retired, I'm free to go during the week, which I like better anyway. I'm not adverse to the weekend tho.

Now, since I'm not a member yet and don't intend to join until the end of the year due to their lack of pro rating the fee, do I need to go with a member and just pay the guest fee.

If anyone is willing to permit me to tag along, I'd like to shoot with you. Gives me a chance to shoot and to meet a Calgun member to. Please let me know.

cryoguy
07-27-2009, 8:45 PM
I also live in murrieta and am looking for a range to go shoot at. Also, I live right down the street from the Temecula Valley Gun Club range and it looks really nice and I have seen people out there but there isn't any contact info on the gat just says members only. Anyone have a good number for them?

retired
07-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I also live in murrieta and am looking for a range to go shoot at. Also, I live right down the street from the Temecula Valley Gun Club range and it looks really nice and I have seen people out there but there isn't any contact info on the gat just says members only. Anyone have a good number for them?

Well, I guess we live real close to each other then. I'm off of Leon Rd.

If I'm not mistaken, they only shoot trap there. They shoot on Thurs. until 9pm and on Sunday. I remember when I first moved out here almost 3yrs. ago, I couldn't believe I was hearing gun shots.:eek:

You might want to check at the Lodge up the way a bit, they might have some info.

Here is a link I got off the net, tho I don't know if the number is up to date. If it isn't, check with that Lodge.