PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory

fredberry
09-17-2012, 4:45 PM
Does Palmetto State Armory sell AR15 uppers, 10 round 223 magazines, ammo, etc. to California customers? If so, how good are their products in particular their uppers?

Fred

slo5oh
09-17-2012, 5:02 PM
Before others yell at you ill nicely mention: use the search.
That said, from what I've read they sell excellent goods at a near bottom of the barrel price. Also, yes they sell to Cali. I do not know if they sell 10 rounders.

ExtremeX
09-17-2012, 5:04 PM
PSA = :thumbsup:

Colt562
09-17-2012, 5:09 PM
Yes.

gunsarefun
09-17-2012, 5:15 PM
There is basically one thread a week asking about PSA. Here is one that is still on page 1, along with this one....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=621171

glockwise2000
09-17-2012, 5:16 PM
PSA is GTG.

I am not sure if they have 10 rounders though.

tanakasan
09-17-2012, 5:23 PM
5 round AK mags available! :cool:

But did not see any .556 10 rounders. 20's are OOS and they will not do rebuild kits. PSA is GTG...killer prices, great equipment if you are not in a rush!

Robert

mike22ca
09-17-2012, 5:23 PM
Ive bought countless thousands of rounds of ammo through them. They are GTG!

eville
09-17-2012, 5:35 PM
I 2nd gtg.

Dan000
09-17-2012, 5:43 PM
Got an ar15 upper, p226 holster, and tons of ammo from PSA. All have been great.

joelogic
09-17-2012, 5:46 PM
Are they slow to ship everything or just their sale items? I ordered something that was in stock on the 5th and they did not ship it until the 14th.

chonkey
09-17-2012, 5:47 PM
Nothing but good customer service from my experiences with them.

chozenfew805
09-17-2012, 5:51 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=621386

I just built my first AR using their Upper, Lower Build Kit, and BCG. I'm going to take it out to the range on Thursday so we'll see how it holds up. Shipping did take awhile but I have no complaints about their customer service.

SigSauerP226
09-17-2012, 9:39 PM
They do have 2 options for mags,

Black: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/accessories/magazines/rifle-magazines/ar-15/ar-15-223-5-56/dh-industries-10rd-5-56-223-magazine.html

Grey: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/accessories/magazines/rifle-magazines/ar-15/ar-15-223-5-56/dh-5-56-10rd-grey-aluminum-mag.html

Never used those mags, but that's their selection for 10rd AR mags in 5.56

InkHammer
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Are they slow to ship everything or just their sale items? I ordered something that was in stock on the 5th and they did not ship it until the 14th.

Yeah that's standard for them. They are a small company and are always swamped because of their prices and quality... My brother waited 3 months for his upper and is extremely pleased!

FourLoko
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
PSA thread from yesterday: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=621171

hard to believe it's still new to people

gschoelles
09-18-2012, 6:08 AM
They appear to build when quantity is reached. So if in a hurry, go elsewhere. If looking for a deal, buy it at PSA and wait patiently....

ChrisMM
09-18-2012, 8:01 AM
I placed an order on 8/29. Recieved 9/13. Don't mind the wait.
I ordered 2 LPK's and an A2 stock.
Problem is I got shorted 1 parts kit in the shipment. Installed the one I did recieve and it went together flawlessly. Great quality.
I can understand shipping mistakes, it happens. Plan on ordering more stuff from them in the future as soon as the mistake gets taken care of.

Jarhead
09-18-2012, 8:01 AM
some people just need something to whine about, makes them sound important ............... using Search, when they should just ignore and let others help.

This is a Discussion Form after all, for exchanging information?

My Two Cents

Before others yell at you ill nicely mention: use the search.
That said, from what I've read they sell excellent goods at a near bottom of the barrel price. Also, yes they sell to Cali. I do not know if they sell 10 rounders.

farmdwg
09-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Love PSA!! My first stop for parts.

Dreaded Claymore
09-18-2012, 2:44 PM
I bought an AR-15 half from them, and they shipped it right to me.

HPGunner
09-18-2012, 2:53 PM
I've ordered two uppers from them and countless parts and ammo. Reasonable shipping times for parts and ammo. Uppers takes 2 to 3 weeks to ship and another 4 to 5 business days for UPS to deliver to my door.

they have great deals and their assembled uppers are top quality.

Ponykiller94
09-18-2012, 2:55 PM
PSA. They have great customer service. I get my ammo from them!

Rob7.62
09-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Everything I've gotten from them has been top notch couldn't be happier prices are excellent with parts to match they run a free shipping deal one in a while too if you can catch that

Xtracrispy
09-19-2012, 5:58 AM
I have only made 1 order with them for a bunch of ammo. They shipped in about 3 days, and that was at the peak of their free shipping in early summer. I say they are good to go, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Palmetto State Armory
09-19-2012, 8:15 AM
I placed an order on 8/29. Recieved 9/13. Don't mind the wait.
I ordered 2 LPK's and an A2 stock.
Problem is I got shorted 1 parts kit in the shipment. Installed the one I did recieve and it went together flawlessly. Great quality.
I can understand shipping mistakes, it happens. Plan on ordering more stuff from them in the future as soon as the mistake gets taken care of.

Please PM me with your order number if you have not received the missing item from your order yet. I will get it sent out to you ASAP.

Sorry for the missing item! :o

defcon
09-19-2012, 8:59 AM
Ive bought countless thousands of rounds of ammo through them. They are GTG!

so are they fast with shipping ammo?

defcon
09-19-2012, 9:02 AM
i bought a used PSA complete upper that was unfired and works well.

P.Charm
09-19-2012, 9:29 AM
so are they fast with shipping ammo?

I buy when it's on sale or when running low so I'm never in a "rush" to have my ammo. just don't go down to zero then order 1k, it could take awhile.

Stardude82
09-19-2012, 5:34 PM
I ordered a Strikefire scope and some ammo Labor Day weekend. Shipped that Tuesday and received Monday. Biggest issue is the transit time from SC.

jbe90
09-19-2012, 5:50 PM
They're GTG.

FIREBALL_BRIAN
09-19-2012, 8:01 PM
ordered a rifle kit from them and all i got was the upper..... and the wrong one. Still waiting. It has been over a month now. Maybe my order will come

DeanC
09-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Everything. I've also ordered twice from them and had problems with both orders that each took weeks of slow or no response email exchanges with them to clear up.

Good prices and quality products but their ability to deliver good service appears to be lagging behind how much business they're getting.

OffGrid
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I have made a few orders with them. Never ran into slow shipping with them. All my orders were here within a week or so and ground from Fl to Ca is standard 5 to 6 for transit.

On my last order I had a selector detent missing but it had an extra take down pin detent in the lower parts kit.

Sent an email and less than 24 hrs later got a reply from Nicole with an apology for the mix up and said it would go out asap.

Good service in my book. Will keep ordering from them. In fact I need another LPK I think I will order one today.

762.DEFENSE
09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
PSA is G2G. :thumbsup:

onequickshift
09-20-2012, 1:39 PM
PSA is good everything. ESPECIALLY Customer Service, bought ammo for my kids, and my hubs through them. Fast, and very happy with them! Buy with confidence.

The only bad thing?

Great pricing :D will get you to drop $ faster then you expect :D

smittty
09-20-2012, 4:47 PM
I've changed my opinion of PSA and cancelled my order. 3 + weeks and not getting an anticipated ship date is poor customer service imo.

Unless you don't mind them charging your credit card and then waiting several weeks I would look elsewhere. There are too many other options to accept this.

Yesterday I ordered an upper from midwayusa and this morning I got an email with a tracking number saying it will be here on Monday. That's more to my satisfaction!

cfusionpm
09-20-2012, 7:38 PM
I've bought a LPK, geissele trigger, and hundreds of rounds of ammo from them. I actually have a 500 round PMC X-TAC order in processing right now. Their prices are great but the turnaround time is slow. It's usually 7-10 business days minimum to get orders. I'm not in any rush and for the price, I can wait.

bluto
09-21-2012, 3:49 PM
My shipment from PSA just arrived. 10 days, including a weekend, from order to
arrival. Order was complete, items were perfect, prices were excellent. I'll use them again without hesitation.

crosse
10-04-2012, 9:37 AM
After the initial labor day upper sale, I saw that they had a lower prices for complete uppers. Or so I thought. After seeing other Calguns members buying the complete uppers at a great price, I changed my order and added a couple hundred dollars in parts.

Got my shipment yesterday, opened it up, and guess what, no BCG. Called PSA got the 411 that the sales rep who confirmed the BCG was included in the price is no longer working there and PSA wouldn't honor the website description, quick summary, nor rep's confirmation that a BCG would be included in the setup. They gave me a $10 coupon on a purchase instead. :dots:

To top it all off, the exact same upper is now $50 less than when I ordered it last week (the quick summary no longer has the BCG listed as an included item probably to not confuse any other people).

It is a real shame as I was thinking of buying another upper for a student; the CS person I worked with was really nice; the product looks pretty good. But as a consumer, how can you buy from a business that does a bait and switch even inadvertently?

FourLoko
10-04-2012, 9:41 AM
Cool second post bro. I have a feeling you bought one of the uppers minus BCG.

I'll keep ordering. My last ammo order was last Saturday and it shipped out Monday.

HKchucksta
10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
My first AR build has a PSA upper, shoots GREAT.

I've also bought ammo from them, shipping wasn't the fastest, but their prices are hard to beat.

triggatronic
10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I can't say I'll put in another order or recommend it to any of my friends or students. After the initial labor day upper sale, I saw that they had a lower prices for complete uppers. Or so I thought. After seeing other Calguns members buying the complete uppers at a great price, I changed my order and added a couple hundred dollars in parts.

Got my shipment yesterday, opened it up, and guess what, no BCG. Called PSA got the 411 that the sales rep who confirmed the BCG was included in the price is no longer working there and PSA wouldn't honor the website description, quick summary, nor rep's confirmation that a BCG would be included in the setup. They gave me a $10 coupon on a purchase instead. :dots:

To top it all off, the exact same upper is now $50 less than when I ordered it last week (the quick summary no longer has the BCG listed as an included item probably to not confuse people).

It is a real shame as I was thinking of buying another upper for a student; the CS person I worked with was really nice; the product looks pretty good. But as a consumer, how can you buy from a business that does a bait and switch even inadvertently?

A buddy of mine is currently having the same problem. Got his upper pretty fast but the BCG he ordered was missing. I'm waiting to hear back from him after he calls PSA customer service.

crosse
10-04-2012, 10:47 AM
A buddy of mine is currently having the same problem. Got his upper pretty fast but the BCG he ordered was missing. I'm waiting to hear back from him after he calls PSA customer service.

Sorry to hear that your friend got the same result triggatronic, but I'm a little assured knowing that I wasn't imagining an implied included BCG. Can never be sure when getting older right?

I've been a long time member and knowledge leecher here on Calguns, but haven't posted much. You guys have a lot of great knowledge here.

And for the record, I like my PSA product, but now I have to go find a BCG for it. Just want you guys to pay attn to your orders tho, devils in the details evidently.

triggatronic
10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear that your friend got the same result triggatronic, but I'm a little assured knowing that I wasn't imagining an implied included BCG. Can never be sure when getting older right?

I've been a long time member and knowledge leecher here on Calguns, but haven't posted much. You guys have a lot of great knowledge here.

And for the record, I like my PSA product. Just want you guys to pay attn to your orders tho, devils in the details evidently.

I hear ya. I know PSA runs deals all the time especially for their stripped uppers (no BCG no CH). Hopefully it's just an order mix up. Either way I'm sure PSA will make it right if they actually did forget the BCG. Great ammo prices with PSA for sure.

Datdarkness
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM

man, i hope this doesnt happen to me. i ordered This (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-hammer-forged-midlength-upperpper-2278.html) 2 weeks ago, which stated a BCG was included. now its optional for the same price???

hope i get the BCG that was included when i ordered..

crosse
10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
man, i hope this doesnt happen to me. i ordered This (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-hammer-forged-midlength-upperpper-2278.html) 2 weeks ago, which stated a BCG was included. now its optional for the same price???

hope i get the BCG that was included when i ordered..
I bought the 14.7" CHF Mid but for $419.99 (now $369.95 w/o BCG, during the Labor day Sale $299.95 w/o BCG). You can see why I thought $419.99 included a BCG when the same upper was $299.95 during the sale.

So if you get your BCG and I don't...well what can I say...:confused:

I really hope PSA clears up everything soon. Even now their LWT upper states under Quick Overview (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/psa-14-7-hammer-forged-midlength-light-weight-upper.html)

QUICK OVERVIEW

Barrel length 14.7"
Hammer Forged Barrel
Machine Gun Steel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist
Double-thick Chrome-lined bore and chamber
Special lighter weight A2 profile
Mid-length gas system
M4 feedramps
Forged upper
T-marks
Full auto bolt carrier
Carpenter 158 Bolt
Optional pinned A2 flash hider

SactoPlinker
10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
PSA is good everything. ESPECIALLY Customer Service, bought ammo for my kids, and my hubs through them. Fast, and very happy with them! Buy with confidence.

The only bad thing?

Great pricing :D will get you to drop $ faster then you expect :D

Off topic but I have to ask...those are Project Mu brakes in your avatar no? Props, those are sweet! :D

Datdarkness
10-04-2012, 7:29 PM
Organized thread.

Here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=9456239#post9456239)

TigerShark
10-05-2012, 2:34 AM
Dat,
I've been wanting to order an upper from them for a while and I was really close to ordering the one you did but I called custome service to clarify if the BCG was included. Seems like a simple yes or no but I still didn't know at the end of the call so i didn't order it.
I wanted to order the optics upper from their current madness sale but wanted to make sure they took care of a defective pistol laser and a couple other small issues from my previous orders first. I don't think they are going to fix the problems. Been on the phone with them the last 2 days.
Their prices are great but from what I am going through right now, Customer service is very weak. This is a shame cause I would continue ordering from them if they would take care of a few problems I have.

deviljon
10-05-2012, 7:25 AM
PSA screwed up that Mid-length hammer forged upper sale and they won't man up to it. Simple as that.

They've edited their product page to show all these options and extra wording but many of us know that's a BS move they're pulling to make it look it's the customer's fault. Even their own f'ing sales rep over the phone believed the BCG was included.

For the record, I've purchased a LOT of stuff from PSA. Everything from lowers, lower build kits, LPK's, stripped and completed uppers, and countless accessories. I've never really had a problem with them, but this whole situation has me thinking.

IMO how a company reacts to screw-ups is what defines them. PSA, you need to man up and take care of these customers.

JNunez23
10-05-2012, 8:38 AM
Good to go. Just ordered one last night after I shot my friend's rifle. ;)

jvh22a
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
i got the lower parts kit with the butt stock and everything during the sale. it was slow shipping and when i got it, it was missing 3 items out of the package.
i emailed them and next day they replied that the parts would be mailed out.

i was getting scared that the sale was over and that they would not honor the missing parts.

they came through so im ok with them. but as a side note i also had the samething happen to me with surplus ammo arms.

both companies are a bit slower with shipping but they came though. i just hope they clear up that BCG problem. i almost ordered the upper and sucks not get what you ordered.

worst case you guys could do a charge back on the credit card.

Rorge Retson
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Good to go. Just ordered one lat night after I shot my friends.

My suggestion is to turn yourself in now, before you make things worse.

ExtremeX
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
lol

JNunez23
10-05-2012, 4:44 PM
My suggestion is to turn yourself in now, before you make things worse.

LOL..I should know better by now! ;)

That was a good laugh, thanks.

Exodus343
10-05-2012, 5:00 PM
First AR build was a full PSA kit
They're GTG as long as you have the patience when it comes to their shipping and logistics

FresnoCNC
10-06-2012, 6:53 AM
Make sure to read the fine print of the product description because they picture will not always reflect what you will receive. I'm fighting a headache with PSA. Two months and its still not right. I have had great luck before but now I'm concerneda about doing business with them

Rorge Retson
10-06-2012, 6:57 AM
Make sure to read the fine print of the product description because they picture will not always reflect what you will receive. I'm fighting a headache with PSA. Two months and its still not right. I have had great luck before but now I'm concerneda about doing business with them

Well, if anywhere would be the place to elaborate, this would be it.

FresnoCNC
10-06-2012, 7:43 AM
Ordered this
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/rifle-kits/16-hammer-forged-mid-length-mock-dissipator-rifle-kit.html

Read the product description. Nowhere did I find that it would not include any magpul products and the price of this kit is more than the standard dissapator kit.
And especially referencing the picture of the product its nowhere close to what was received.

Heretodaygonetomorrow
10-07-2012, 4:04 AM
Ordered this
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/rifle-kits/16-hammer-forged-mid-length-mock-dissipator-rifle-kit.html

Read the product description. Nowhere did I find that it would not include any magpul products and the price of this kit is more than the standard dissapator kit.
And especially referencing the picture of the product its nowhere close to what was received.

I've ordered from PSA several times, and never had a problem receiving exactly what I ordered. But, you have to be careful (read description, and ask questions first) when ordering to make sure that you will get what you think you are ordering.

The description of the product in the link you provided doesn't say anything about including any Magpul Products. It specifically states that you get a PSA M4 stock, A2 grip, and full length handguards. Often, PSA product photos include optional parts, which can be deceiving if you do not read the description, or carefully look at the options in the pulldown menu that appears when you go to order.