PDA

View Full Version : Is my .303 British legal??

glassparman
09-17-2012, 12:51 PM
OK so I went through that interactive thingy about your gun being legal in Peoples Republic of California that they have on the NRA Council website.

Now, my 1942 .303 British is all stock but I have wanted to install a custom thumbhole stock.

I went through the choices and only said yes to "does it have a detachable magazine" and then I said yes when it asked about the other stuff that included thumbhole stock. It said my rifle was illegal.

So because my WWII era bolt action has a detachable magazine, I can't add a thumbhole stock??

Did I miss something?

5thgen4runner
09-17-2012, 12:54 PM
It's not semi auto doesn't apply

glassparman
09-17-2012, 1:06 PM
Crap! I'm an idiot! I did not even see that specification in the title! Now I feel more stupid than I am!!!!

I just went through the questions and wammo!

DOH!

5thgen4runner
09-17-2012, 1:10 PM
He he :D

cannon
09-17-2012, 2:18 PM
Crap! I'm an idiot! I did not even see that specification in the title! Now I feel more stupid than I am!!!!

I just went through the questions and wammo!

DOH!

I'm betting this isn't the first or last time you've brain faded like that. If it makes you feel any better. You aren't the only one. :D

ArmedArtist
09-17-2012, 5:31 PM
What stock are you going to put on it? I have an Enfield that my grandpa brought back from WW2 and sporterized it. Love it but the cost of ammo sucks.

ke6guj
09-17-2012, 5:38 PM
OK so I went through that interactive thingy about your gun being legal in Peoples Republic of California that they have on the NRA Council website.
the interactive chart they have is way out of date, better to use the rifle flowchart here, http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf . That one has a specific "it is semi-auto" question that gets rid of a lot of confusion for most people.

glassparman
09-17-2012, 6:38 PM
Armedartist, go to gunbroker.com and pickup a bag of Prvi brass and load your own. Their brass is good for at least 10 uses then anneal and shoot again. Or, watch gunbroker for milsurp ammo. Most of it has corrosive primers so clean first with water. I have frequently picked up bags of 1950s Kynoch or Greenwood Batley for a song. I'm a collector so I won't shoot the pre-1950 stuff, just hoard it :)

As for the stock, I have some walnut and a small woodshop so I was going to try my own design.