View Full Version : Skeet Shooting at Oak Tree Gun Club

09-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be up at Oak Tree on some other business, but figured I would try out some skeet while I was there.

Anyone gonig to be up there this Saturday morning that wouldn't mind a new guy shooting a few rounds with them? It would be my third outing for skeet, so I doubt I'll show anyone up. :D

If not, anyone have anything good or bad to say about shooting there?

09-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Never shot Skeet there, but one of my "go to" ranges for Pistol/Rifle shooting.

09-17-2012, 2:24 PM
Last time I was there for a handgun class, I went up and checked out the Skeet ranges and they looked really nice.

09-17-2012, 3:52 PM
You mean Windy Oaks? I'm usually there Thursday nights for skeet. Targets are known to fly irregular due to how the field is setup. It's different for sure. Keep things interesting sometimes.

It's primarily a trap place though. Nice sporting clay course too.

09-17-2012, 8:58 PM
I shoot there pretty much every weekend, but have to work Saturday morning, or I'd join you. I'll be out there Sunday afternoon if you can reschedule your other business up there you're welcome to join me.

The wind doesn't seem all that bad, it does get breezy up top on the sporting-clays range, but I've never had too much trouble on the trap and skeet fields. They do get crowded during the day, so I always try to shoot the last couple hours of the day, rather than the first. The sporting clays range is my favorite, not only a more fun game, but the scenery is awesome, really cool shop too, the main shop has the normal Berettas and Brownings, and is far under-staffed, but the reloading annex has all the high end and collector stuff, some really cool guns in there.