Makes me happy about my recent Arsenal purchase. :D

jonc
09-16-2012, 7:46 AM
SHTF thats my CHOICE!!!

JUST noticed the AK he shot last at time 3:06 CHANGED to a KRINK

lol

CK_32
09-16-2012, 8:58 AM
Lo I was waiting for someone to post this....

AK fan boys have another video to swear the AK does all :rolleyes:

Another video of his I think is a little fan biased.

Cessnapilot89
09-16-2012, 9:02 AM
That poor rifle.

tujungatoes
09-16-2012, 9:26 AM
That poor rifle.

Nothing a quick shot with a hose wont cure.

cantcme
09-16-2012, 9:41 AM
Yeah that's biased. Why don't you post a video of an ar15 doing the same thing. I own both and my ar won't do that. My ar is smaller and more accurate but it can't do what that ak did in the video. Someone posts a positive video about the AK with nothing negative about the ar and someone has to make a fanboy comment. What a tool.

CK_32
09-16-2012, 9:55 AM
Yeah that's biased. Why don't you post a video of an ar15 doing the same thing. I own both and my ar won't do that. My ar is smaller and more accurate but it can't do what that ak did in the video. Someone posts a positive video about the AK with nothing negative about the ar and someone has to make a fanboy comment. What a tool.

Lmao you are a AK fan boy.. Who said anything about an AR..?

And yes some ARs can hold up to similar abuse as well as a few other rifle platforms. I'm not saying its wrong or didn't happen but it was made to feed the Internet commandos to show and make it sound like the AKis the only gun in the world that can take some abuse.. And if you look there are videos of ARs SCARS and ACRs being pun in dirt and run fine..

But it was a video to please thesis audience and videos like this lead to the idiots who spread FUD and trash talk every other rifle and use this video as you did "well let's see your gun do this..."

And yea I am a AR fan but yes I do now own both as well.. I'm not saying my AR would do that I'm not going to try. But I have seen AR videos being out through abuse.. Dirt water and mud.. But it's still never good enough because everyone goes by the media hype of the AK is the all powerful never ending evil rifle..

But that being said again I've walked my self into a shouting match which I am gladly just walking away from. I've said what I needed. So you guys have fun with your AKs "the only guns that don't jam taken them out of the safe" :rolleyes:

hermosabeach
09-16-2012, 10:07 AM
The funny part of accuracy-

When taking the 4 day rifle class at front sight, you get to see how 40 students shoot

Most people cannot shoot at 100 yards as well as the rifle/ ammo combination can shoot

It is rare to see people able to have a decent group at 100 yards with irons or red dots.

I like both the AR and AK platforms

Both have good and bad...

When ammo went up in price and you could pick up corrosive 7.62x54 and 5.45 x39 ammo for .09-.11 cents a round, i picked up the AK platform

Fun to shoot
Fun to train with

CK_32
09-16-2012, 10:21 AM
I like both the AR and AK platforms

Both have good and bad...

:iagree:

ott1
09-16-2012, 11:00 AM
HK416 can do it too.

chead
09-16-2012, 11:25 AM
HK416 can do it too.

Yes, most piston guns will. A DI AR will not operate with dirt in the chamber, though. That's fine, it's not intended to. Use what makes sense for you.

The Virus
09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Yawn, just another guy pouring dirt in his gun.

Dinosaur Jr
09-16-2012, 12:07 PM
My ar is smaller and more accurate but it can't do what that ak did in the video.

You know, I was thinking the same thing about AK accuracy until I recently put a TWS rail and an EOTech 512 on my 23yo AKS. We were hitting steel targets @ 400yrds with it at Angeles last weekend. Purists may call it bubba'd...I call it a working firearm that's ready for a SHTF event. I'm extremely happy! For any doubters out there, the gen 2 TWS rail is rock solid.

I also have to compliment Primary Arms for (A) having a TWS rail in-stock (B) unparalleled speed in order processing & shipping. Thanks guys! My first transaction with them and now I'm a believer.

Dhena81
09-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes, most piston guns will. A DI AR will not operate with dirt in the chamber, though. That's fine, it's not intended to. Use what makes sense for you.

A gun that operates with dirt in the chamber sounds like a headspace issue.

CK_32
09-16-2012, 12:31 PM
You know, I was thinking the same thing about AK accuracy until I recently put a TWS rail and an EOTech 512 on my 23yo AKS. We were hitting steel targets @ 400yrds with it at Angeles last weekend. Purists may call it bubba'd...I call it a working firearm that's ready for a SHTF event. I'm extremely happy! For any doubters out there, the gen 2 TWS rail is rock solid.

I also have to compliment Primary Arms for (A) having a TWS rail in-stock (B) unparalleled speed in order processing & shipping. Thanks guys! My first transaction with them and now I'm a believer.

It's not the AK platform it self. It's the rounds they use. Are not ballistically sound not to mention 98% of the guys who shoot the AK my self included use the cheapest ammo available. The tolarances don't help but AKs can make decent groups. Again been proven many of times but it's another fan club come back they have in their arsenal and just toss aside they saw a accurate AK and would rather spread FUD and can't put their pride aside to admit another gun is equally as good or better in someway.

Dinosaur Jr
09-16-2012, 12:35 PM
It's not the AK platform it self. It's the rounds they use. Are not ballistically sound not to mention 98% of the guys who shoot the AK my self included use the cheapest ammo available. The tolarances don't help but AKs can make decent groups. Again been proven many of times but it's another fan club come back they have in their arsenal and just toss aside they saw a accurate AK and would rather spread FUD and feel their gun is the only gun to have.

I'm pretty much only running Yugo surplus through it right now...not sure if that's considered "cheap ammo"? The two closest ranges to me don't allow bi-metal steel or steel core.

cantcme
09-16-2012, 12:35 PM
The tapered case design is the key. Build two exact guns. One in 7.62x39 and one in a straight walled cartridge and see which runs more reliable.

CK_32
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty much only running Yugo surplus through it right now...not sure if that's considered "cheap ammo"? The two closest ranges to me don't allow bi-metal steel or steel core.

Compaired to the match grade hand loaded ammo guys use in their ARs when proving the all hailed accuracy of the AR it is lol

saki302
09-16-2012, 1:34 PM
My friend's brother was shooting his Arsenal AK bone dry last time we were out- until I noticed the bolt felt kind of gritty- oiled it up and it ran much better. But it never jammed dry :D

Accelerated break-in for you :D

-Dave

llamatrnr
09-16-2012, 1:46 PM
That's nothin'; you should see what my Glock can . . .never mind ;):D

ott1
09-16-2012, 2:05 PM

Yugo surplus is basically the same as the PRVI 7.62x39 ammo.

Dinosaur Jr
09-16-2012, 2:27 PM
Yugo surplus is basically the same as the PRVI 7.62x39 ammo.

Yes...but non-corrosive vs corrosive primers and noticeably less expensive.

LAKings22
09-16-2012, 2:33 PM
Great video

RED VASQUEZ
09-16-2012, 3:43 PM
I always lube my Ak with mud and pack the magazines with sand before every range trip. :D

janus408
09-16-2012, 4:46 PM
Lo I was waiting for someone to post this....

AK fan boys have another video to swear the AK does all :rolleyes:

Another video of his I think is a little fan biased.

He was testing the reliability of the AK while dirty. With as much dirt as he poured in it, and with it functioning flawlessly after it, I dont think there is any fan bias in saying it was kind of amazing the abuse it took.

MrPlink
09-16-2012, 4:49 PM
I learned something here... Oh wait no I didnt :D

chozenfew805
09-16-2012, 6:04 PM
:gunsmilie:

m03
09-16-2012, 6:40 PM
The tapered case design is the key. Build two exact guns. One in 7.62x39 and one in a straight walled cartridge and see which runs more reliable.

Wasn't he running 5.45x39 in the video?

It's tapered too, but just sayin' :)

Capybara
09-17-2012, 8:24 AM
I wanna AK, they are cool and I don't have one yet.

HPGunner
09-17-2012, 8:54 AM
I've seen similar videos to this where they packed the dirt into the receiver. It doesn't demonstrate much as the dirt he was pouring on the gun was more like dust. Get the right size pebble jammed into the rail where the bolt carrier slides along and you got your self a malfunction.

Ran through a couple hundred rounds out in BLM through my Lancaster AK47 this past weekend. I love this rifle. It's my desert blaster, mainly because I can't find a place in SoCal that would let me shoot Wolf ammo. Brass cased, non-corrosive, non-magnetic ammo is too expensive.

Super Spy
09-17-2012, 9:10 AM
I'd be curious if a VZ-58 would have the same reliability, I don't own one yet, and I'm not likely to do that to one as part of the break in when I finally get one.

HK35
09-17-2012, 9:19 AM
Why don't you post a video of an ar15 doing the same thing.

-YWTwLNo0jQ

acolytes
09-17-2012, 9:54 AM
This is Calguns! AR15's must be worshipped, and all other rifles are inferior. Was waiting for the AK haters and Ar15 warshippers to chime in. It's clear by who has revealed themselves. By the way, I have both....