PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic 09/14/12 Level I

Captain Dick
09-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello Shooters, Another hot day at the clinic. We had a mixture of new and returning shooters today and everyone did really well. We even got to shoot some birds from station 8 towards the end of the day. I'm short on time today, so if the shooters would chime in with their thoughts on the clinic, that would be great. Thanks guys.

Shooters

Cyberhh
Cyberhh (friend)
Cyberhh (friend)
GunninIt
GunninIt (friend)
Goofcat
Thedust
RonHatada
Jubz

GunninIt
09-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello Shooters, Another hot day at the clinic. We had a mixture of new and returning shooters today and everyone did really well. We even got to shoot some birds from station 8 towards the end of the day. I'm short on time today, so if the shooters would chime in with their thoughts on the clinic, that would be great. Thanks guys.

Shooters

Cyberhh
Cyberhh (friend)
Cyberhh (friend)
GunninIt
GunninIt (friend)
Goofcat
Thedust
RonHatada
Jubz

As my good buddy Richard said, we had a great day at the clinic. It seems that each clinic I've been do has been progressively hotter, but that didn't put a damper on anyone. Everyone shot really well, and really moved along in their abilities.

It was great to see Cyberhh again, and meet his two buddies. I also found out that I knew Jubz personally, and not just from online. Great to see you again!

It's always great when you find out just how small the world is, and of course, when something like shooting skeet can bring people back together. We started the day with the usual: fitting, our progression on station (feet, load, turn, mount, look, call for the bird). Once we had the basic fundamentals, it was on to Station 1 Low, and a progression to 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3. After some brief work on 7, we headed in to lunch. After lunch, it was back to seven, and then on to some doubles. We did 6.5, and 6. Took a small break, and then Coach felt confident in the group to head on over to High and Low 8. A great experience for everyone.

As I've said before, anyone that questions whether you should attend or not - just do it. My friend had never shot skeet before (and only sporting clays once). Coach had him shoot lefty, patched his eye, and modified near as anything he could think of. How did it go? My friend was busting clays most of the day - even hitting some doubles. He's jazzed about the next class.

What about us Level II folks (Jubz, Cyberhh, and myself)? Fundamentals. That's what it's about. Each time out, you learn - reinforce - apply.

A great day, and a big thanks to Coach and Richard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sidious
09-15-2012, 8:13 PM
That's some dedication to be shooting in this heat wave! Good job!