PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Turners/Calguns?

AVID HUNTER
09-15-2012, 9:27 AM
What happened to the guy that handles the Calguns Marketing? I used to send PM's and get a response within 24 hours, the Calguns's specials used to get posted on time now it seems like its always late. Was there some cut back's? I want to buy a couple guns and had a couple questions, but never got a response any more.

GMG
09-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's this weeks add.

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

troysland
09-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I think the OP is talking about the Turners Calguns Specials like the one below.
Already expired but for illustration purposes only

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/calguns_promo-9i0ymtepxm.gif

DinoPJR
09-15-2012, 1:55 PM
ya what happened

da crab
09-15-2012, 2:58 PM
Probably because of all of the drama crybabies on here

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 7:50 PM
^^^
Sorry

AVID HUNTER
09-17-2012, 9:11 AM
Yeah, I guess I cry a lot. However, as a business person, I feel obligated to speak up as I would want someone to speak up to me about my business. If you don't know there is a problem, its hard to fix it.

Maddog5150
09-17-2012, 8:19 PM
ya what happened

Really? YOU'RE going to ask that when even you told people in one of the threads here to buy from somewhere else?

DinoPJR
09-18-2012, 4:51 PM
no I didnt. Get a life dude. Show me where I said that. At most I have said if you dont like Turners buy from somewhere else.

makav3li
09-18-2012, 7:48 PM
no I didnt. Get a life dude. Show me where I said that. At most I have said if you dont like Turners buy from somewhere else.

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=9280707&postcount=3
From this thread
www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=611012

DinoPJR
09-18-2012, 9:38 PM
haha whatever. I buy a lot of my guns from turners and my ammo online. big deal. you guys have too much time on your hands.

Maddog5150
09-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I think the guy who spends time thread crapping in a vendors forum has too much time on his hands ;)

DinoPJR
09-18-2012, 11:10 PM
I think you are overthinking everything. Look at all my other posts. I wasn't thread crapping. Who cares. This is why I dont visit calguns much anymore. You guys make a big deal out of nothing.

SoCal Gunner
09-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Ah haha, BUSTED! Now take your ball and go home. :tears:

rplusplus
09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Do NOT mess with the Pony in the Pinto...! He see's ALL *Wink

DiogiDoc
09-19-2012, 1:23 PM
www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=9280707&postcount=3
From this thread
www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=611012

Turner's didn't respond to that thread just like they haven't responded to this one. If a vendor doesn't even post a response to a thread in their section aren't they crapping their own thread. Whould like to see the weekly specials now that they are opening a store in Oxnard. I would be more likely to take my business to them.

DiogiDoc
09-19-2012, 1:24 PM
I think the guy who spends time thread crapping in a vendors forum has too much time on his hands ;)

Wish Turner's had more time on their hands to repsond to threads in their section.

mannyo747
09-19-2012, 6:42 PM
They all been turned into zombies

MA2
09-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Hmm, their facebook page is still active, off the hook Wed. was updated.

SoCal Gunner
09-20-2012, 5:58 AM
All kidding aside, I hope Bill is OK and, for Turner's sake, still with the company.

gr8dragon88
09-20-2012, 6:26 AM
Turner's has been shifting many good people around their stores and corporate office.

They have made some good policy changes and remodeled Reseda's interior within the last few months.

PPT is still taking twice as long as many other FFLs and some managers/staff are not up to speed on policy changes.

Action does speak louder than words...

Steve1968LS2
09-20-2012, 6:31 AM
I think you are overthinking everything. Look at all my other posts. I wasn't thread crapping. Who cares. This is why I dont visit calguns much anymore. You guys make a big deal out of nothing.

So you get owned and this is your response? lol

This is the problem with the internet.. too many rude aholes hiding behind keyboards and spouting off just to try an sound cool and badass.. I'm surprised any business would want to deal with it.

And this was a statement in general.. not NECESSARILY direceted at you :)

CV62
09-20-2012, 9:43 AM

This is the problem with the internet.. too many rude aholes hiding behind keyboards and spouting off just to try an sound cool and badass.. I'm surprised any business would want to deal with it.

My LGS told me about this site saying that there are a lot of " Know it all" types( I said it nicely:D) on this site who hides behind their keyboards and just mouths off. There are a cool bunch here who are very helpful but being the internet, there are some that could be a tad irritating. Gotta love the internet.:rolleyes:

john.t.singh
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM
My LGS told me about this site saying that there are a lot of " Know it all" types( I said it nicely:D) on this site who hides behind their keyboards and just mouths off. There are a cool bunch here who are very helpful but being the internet, there are some that could be a tad irritating. Gotta love the internet.:rolleyes:

that pretty much describes calguns for yah

SemperFlexibus
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM

hmm... a business that doesn't want to deal with customers' feedback.. sounded like a government agency to me... maybe that's why some turner's people act like it..

AVID HUNTER
09-20-2012, 3:24 PM
All kidding aside, I hope Bill is OK and, for Turner's sake, still with the company.

I hope Bill is Ok as well. He rocked! He always responded within a day, extremely helpful, was on top of all ad's and promotions, and just seemed to be a really good person to deal with.

This week ad sucks!

I actually don't complain much, but I am a person that gets used to things and is not happy about change. Hence, my dislike for Obama. All kidding aside, I am a customer that got used to the ad's. I live close to a store, enjoyed seeing the specials, and for me...kept me coming back.

I live in San Diego and we do have a lot of great stores, but as an office guy it was easy for me to send an email to Bill, get a response, and go down and take care of the paperwork. If Bill has moved on, I probably will too.

winnre
09-20-2012, 3:46 PM
Yea this ad does suck. I miss the CG specials.

stitchnicklas
09-20-2012, 4:10 PM
i am sure things in turners world are fine,probable just dealing with orders and other corporate stuff lately is all.

DinoPJR
09-20-2012, 10:20 PM

That's getting owned? Its all good I go to turners all the time and the people at the Turners I go to know me well.

stitchnicklas
09-22-2012, 9:43 AM
people wonder where turners is/has been????

they are here all along,they just choose to be above hate/negativity is all.

yes i have had bad mouth syndrome too in the past but i got over it and realize the better t6hings turners brings to the world.so if someone said my mom wears army boots i would ignore them too...per sei .

so do not drive a good store away from the board

billp053
09-22-2012, 10:23 AM
The Turner's corp guys wear many hats and are hands on, pitching in where needed. With the two recent breakins and bringing a new store on line, I'm betting they're up to their butts in alligators right now!

frankm
09-25-2012, 9:47 AM
Turners has some issues. It was hoped, by me at least, that with them becoming a Calguns vendor, they would address their problems and become someone whom a lot of us would like to do business with.

DiogiDoc
09-25-2012, 2:23 PM
Glad to see Turner's is back with their CG Specials and the Oxnard store is now open. Haven't had a chance to get down there yet, maybe this weekend.

new1911
09-25-2012, 5:30 PM
they have the 700 sps tact for 499 (calguns special) after rebate (40$). awesome price...too bad i already have one.

AVID HUNTER
09-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I wish Bill was back on the site. I had to buy my Remy 700 5R at parallax. I must say they treated me really well, but was hoping to get a quick deal with Turners. I still need a LWRC, maybe he'll come back before I have to buy elsewhere.

Magnum Johnson
09-27-2012, 4:31 PM
I wish Bill was back on the site. I had to buy my Remy 700 5R at parallax. I must say they treated me really well, but was hoping to get a quick deal with Turners. I still need a LWRC, maybe he'll come back before I have to buy elsewhere.

Why not just deal with someone at the store level like the rest of us? At worst you would have to get a manager involved if you wanted something really obscure but an LWRC should be common enough.

Uxi
10-17-2012, 8:42 AM
Only a week behind on the CGN special? Maybe he went on vacation or is busy with recent events.