PDA

View Full Version : TLR vs Viridian

brewndude
09-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Been looking into a light/laser for my M&P 9 and im thinking about the viridian X5L. Im aslo looking through the show me your M&P threads and it looks like everyone is running the streamlight. The viridian is a little bit pricier, is that the only reason why i dont see more of them. I guess what im saying is there are reason to talk me out of the viridian and down sell me to the streamlight. Thanks.

nightwolf0215
09-15-2012, 12:53 AM
The price is a major concern. After a while I found out that my TLR can do just about anything. Green laser is nice and bright, but unless you shoot outdoor a lot, I dont see why you need it.

aznanimekid
09-15-2012, 1:20 AM
friend has the x5l on his MP9. great light and a really eye catchy laser. gets lotta looks when he turns it on. lotta buttons though. i prefer toggle switches

firebert
09-15-2012, 1:54 AM
I would love a Viridian but it is twice the price of a Streamlight. The thing I like about Viridian is that it is so compact and looks like its made for the gun.

BlackDrop50
09-15-2012, 6:49 AM
I haven't used the streamlight but the switch on the viridian is kinda funky. It is not natural and seemed to get in the way which is why I got rid of it.

brewndude
09-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the replies. The reason im attracted to the viridain is it looks more compact but i am worried about the funky switch. I was thinking of pairing it up with the holster that turns on the laser during the draw, which would negate the "funkyness" of the switch i would think. just gotta convince the banker i need a $300 light :D

orangeglo
09-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I have enjoyed the C5L and have considered getting the X5L as well. Just haven't felt the need for another just yet.

Looks real good on a full size M&P.

http://www.alliedarmory.com/product_images/b/617/X5L_MP_Store__31262_zoom.jpg

1911Operator
09-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Check this out:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/boss_406/IMG_1689.jpg

Its pretty new to the market, the Crimson CMR-202

Weaker lumens than the TLR1 but its still pretty dang good considering what your using as a battery.. Its powered by a single CR2 battery! So they are very easy to get since alot of cameras use them, you can buy any ware.

theneko
09-17-2012, 7:43 AM
On my M&P I use the TLR-1 and the crimson trace laser grip that replaces the standard S&W grip. It's not a green laser but I like the instrinctive activation (turns on when you grip the pistol) and the witvch on the TLR-1 is simple. This way you dont have to use the light if you dont want to (e.g. in the daytime). If you like the medium M&P grip then the CT laser is the same fit.

dc2integra
09-17-2012, 3:46 PM
My brother has a viridian on his xd9 and that think looks like its part of the gun.It is also very visible in the day it's a very nice laser.Shop around I bought it for him on his bday a year ago for about 230 and it came with a kydex holster .