PDA

View Full Version : GP100 "billboard" has changed (for the better!)

The Mad Mule
09-14-2012, 8:02 PM
I heard about this a few months ago on another forum, but I couldn't find any proof of it...until now.

http://i.imgur.com/2yUzD.jpg

Found at Fowler Gun Room :)

CK_32
09-14-2012, 8:07 PM
:confused:

thomascrowe
09-14-2012, 8:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Love it! But, not really...

CK_32
09-14-2012, 8:35 PM
Oh I thought you meant more like this ;)

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/sportin3s/Firearms/9E1B8CF0-5D7F-4D90-BB55-B2CCFF0670AC-94-0000000225584B8F.jpg

Carsgunsandchics
09-14-2012, 8:45 PM
I do believe he is referring to the paragraph and a half of safety information that used to be printed on the side of the pistols. Now it's just short and sweet telling you to read the book.

CK_32
09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
I do believe he is referring to the paragraph and a half of safety information that used to be printed on the side of the pistols. Now it's just short and sweet telling you to read the book.

Well If my photobucket wasn't being stupid.. The picture I tried to post. Is of my GP I just got off a member here 2 weeks ago.

He had smith buff that bs completely off.. And did a dam good job at it I might add.

**Photo fixed**

the_t0ny
09-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Well If my photobucket wasn't being stupid.. The picture I tried to post. Is of my GP I just got off a member here 2 weeks ago.

He had smith buff that bs completely off.. And did a dam good job at it I might add.

**Photo fixed**

Just out of curiosity, how much did that cost you and where did u get it done at?

CK_32
09-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much did that cost you and where did u get it done at?

I wish I knew. I bought it exactly how it sits off another CGNer a couple weeks ago.

Guy did an amazing job too. I've looked for brush swirls or some sign of work and nothing. Did an amazing job.. I'll see about asking the guy I bought it off of and post it here for other interested.

DArBad
09-15-2012, 10:34 AM
That is pretty amazing polishing, CK 32! Congrats in scoring that find.

Are the internals also polished???

Fishslayer
09-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Maybe Ruger is listening. The owner's manual billboard is the loudest & most consistent gripe we hear about Rugers. "Great revolver but..."

The SR1911 has "Read Owner's Manual" in small lasered text on the underside of the dust cover. You'd never really see it but it could be easily removed if desired.

The billboard is definitely part of the reason I'm looking for a 3 screw Blackhawk & not a newer one.

CK_32
09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
That is pretty amazing polishing, CK 32! Congrats in scoring that find.

Are the internals also polished???

Yea came with a full trigger job/polish, warning label buffed out and full gun polish. With a boat load of goodies including speed loaders,few sets of grips 3 sights and factory trigger spring.

And the price made it just shy of robbery. I'll just say it was OTD price some pay for one off the shelf.

Might make a table top video of it on my YouTube channel. Been getting a lot of attention/questions about it.

CK_32
09-15-2012, 1:00 PM
Alright for those of you wondering the seller I got my GP off of said he wasnt sure his father actually got the gun smithed by a shop in yucca valley. Doesn't know any other info about it.. hope that helps but I can say his work is well done.

the_t0ny
09-15-2012, 1:02 PM
I wish I knew. I bought it exactly how it sits off another CGNer a couple weeks ago.

Guy did an amazing job too. I've looked for brush swirls or some sign of work and nothing. Did an amazing job.. I'll see about asking the guy I bought it off of and post it here for other interested.

Cool thanks!

sneather
09-15-2012, 1:43 PM
Maybe Ruger is listening. The owner's manual billboard is the loudest & most consistent gripe we hear about Rugers. "Great revolver but..."

The SR1911 has "Read Owner's Manual" in small lasered text on the underside of the dust cover. You'd never really see it but it could be easily removed if desired.

The billboard is definitely part of the reason I'm looking for a 3 screw Blackhawk & not a newer one.

Ruger has actually been doing that for a long time. My original first-gen SP101 .22 has a huge warning billboard, with aggressively cratered roll-marks, on the port side of the barrel.

It's really nice to see that they shrank the cursed garbage on the new GP!

As for the laser-inscribed stuff. Don't be too sure about that coming off easily. The depth those lasers etch can be extremely inconsistent. You can go alarmingly deep into the metal, and still find the damage.

But I'd say that Ruger is still second to Beretta when it comes to ruining the lines of the handguns. The lawyer marks on the current 92 models are extreme, to say the least. That's one of the reasons that used (pre-billboard) INOX 92 models are consistently worth more than the BNIB models.