PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Zombie Shoot 2012

FastFinger
09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Tactical Zombie Shoot FAQ:

"Can we get a heads up on the location?"

TZS 2012 has been authorized to operate at "Burro Canyon Shooting Park" in Azusa, CA. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=9327661&postcount=7)

"Sounds fun to me. are you seriously going to do this on a wednesday though?"

It will take place on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012.

"What do we shoot at/with at these? I'm down!!!"

Just about any ammo will do except "magnetic" ammo. And no incendiary ammo.

"Can we rapid fire our .22s?"

Controlled rapid fire only. In other words, if your shots are missing your target and hitting someone elses targets and negatively impacting their fun, you are shooting way too fast.

We won't be sitting back timing your shots, but we will be making sure that you are always in safe control of your firearm and not blasting other people's targets at random due to poor control. That means we also wont like other people shooting at your targets either!

"Do we bring long guns or hand guns, tactical or bolt action, etc....or does it not really matter?"

Come on - of course it matters! These are cold blooded zombies, a BB gun ain't gonna cut it. Also, we do live in California, so no grenades, bazookas etc. Other than that all CA legal firearms are allowed. However, keep in mind that it is your responsibility to know ALL of the laws pertaining to you and the firearms you own.

"Can we walk around with a handgun on your waist holstered and unloaded or NO?"

For this event:
1: Shooting from the holster will be allowed as long as is done safely.
2: While on the firing line, unless actively shooting, any holstered weapon must be unloaded, and if the holster allows it, slide locked back. No mag in the gun in either case.
3: No holstered weapons off of the firing line or during cease fires (on table with actions open). Exception that RSO's will be allowed to carry during cease fire (unloaded, empty chamber, no mag in mag-well) but still can't carry away from the firing line.

"How are the range/targets illuminated? floodlights or some other type of lighting?"

The ranges will usually be illuminated with floodlights. You are also welcome to bring out your tactical lights, IR, or other night vision aids. Range Safety Officers may limit or otherwise regulate such items at their discretion.

"Is there even such a thing as non-magnetic 7.62X54R that isn't 50 cents or more per cartridge?"

You can get the M30 Heavy Ball Yugo 7.62x54R, 182 grn FMJ(full copper jacketed-lead core, brass cased) with no steel that you can shoot at any range. Prices, of course, can vary. If you do find a great deal, or a group buy, please post the details so we can light that sky up like there's no tomorrow (and there may not be if the zombies get their way).

"What about exploding targets?"

Exploding and/or "reactive" targets are not allowed. Metal targets also not allowed in Burro Canyon Shooting Park.

"I have seen .22 tracers online, are they legal in CA and if so are they allowed at this event?"

Tracer ammunition is illegal in CA and therefore not allowed at this event.

"Is this a family friendly event? In other words, can I bring my kids who would love the opportunity to shoot at night, what is the minimum age?"

Yes, this is a 100% family friendly event! You're the best judge of their maturity and weapon handling skills, but keep in mind that there will low light conditions during much of the event, so you will need to supervise your kids accordingly.

"Sorry but I'll be doing interviews for new applicants at Hooters. What can be better?"

marc4
09-14-2012, 1:25 PM
Sorry but I'll be doing interviews for new applicants at Hooters. :)
What can be better?

AndrewMendez
09-14-2012, 1:27 PM
Sorry but I'll be doing interviews for new applicants at Hooters. :)
What can be better?

If it's for the West Covina Store, I can assure you Burro! ;)

Trust me, you do not want to miss this event.

gun toting monkeyboy
09-14-2012, 1:37 PM
Can we get a heads up on the location?

DJ Skillz
09-14-2012, 1:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ab8j4YI81qf79aco1_500.jpg

Czsp-01-9mm
09-14-2012, 1:54 PM
Hmmm but caked are good, someone even invented pancakes so we can eat cake for breakfast

FastFinger
09-14-2012, 1:59 PM
Can we get a heads up on the location?

http://i.imgur.com/DAoI2.jpg

Tactical Zombie Shoot 2012 will be held at
Burro Canyon Shooting Park (BCSP)
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, CA 91702
(626) 910-1344 Range Office

Burro Canyon Shooting Park (BCSP) can be reached by taking the Azusa Ave. exit off the 210 Fwy. Azusa Ave. turns into San Gabriel Canyon Rd. Drive north approx. 11 miles into San Gabriel Canyon and turn right at the junction of the East Fork Rd. and Route 39. Drive 1 mile on East Fork Rd. to the Entrance of Burro Canyon. Driving time from the 210 Fwy. is approx. 18 mins.

Signs in the park will direct you to the Zombie Outbreak Reaction Team check-in and staging area.

mrlonewolf
09-14-2012, 4:07 PM
I hate Zombies..!!!

fouber
09-14-2012, 6:44 PM
I hate Zombies..!!!

You re not alone, I shake on the fence when I think about zombies!

AndrewMendez
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Come on now 800 and some views and no speculation?!!?!?

pennys dad
09-15-2012, 5:29 AM
Speculation: Super Mega AK, AR 80% build?

Thomas1190
09-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Ill be there. Cocked, locked, and ready to rock! :D

SparkYZ
09-16-2012, 7:49 PM
What do we shoot at/with at these? I'm down!!!

NateSmith
09-16-2012, 9:12 PM
Sounds fun to me. are you seriously going to do this on a wednesday though?

ke6guj
09-16-2012, 9:15 PM
Sounds fun to me. are you seriously going to do this on a wednesday though?
you might want to recalibrate your calendar. OCT 3 is a wednesday but Nov 3 is a saturday.

Ricky-Ray
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
What do we shoot at/with at these? I'm down!!!

Just about any ammo will do except "magnetic" ammo. Evidently these zombies are impervious to magnetic ammo.....:eek:

JohnP
09-17-2012, 8:22 AM
Sounds fun....I'm watching with interest

SparkYZ
09-17-2012, 8:33 AM
Do we bing long guns or hand guns, tactical or bolt action, etc....or does it not really matter

superman21
09-17-2012, 9:13 AM
Rifle and handgun are good...

Question: Can we walk around with a handgun on your waist holstered and unloaded or NO?

Thank you...

Moving Chicane
09-17-2012, 1:48 PM
Rifle and handgun are good...

Question: Can we walk around with a handgun on your waist holstered and unloaded or NO?

Thank you...

I'll defer to the Outbreak Response Coordinators/Management; but past CG events at Burro have allowed/had holstered side-arms without issue (the range is rented to CG only and considerd private).

As for what to shoot at: bring your orange bouncy rubber things, food, PVC pipe and targets, shotguns discs, whatever - NO metal and everything bio-disposable and/or removable. Would be cool if some $ highroller $ GC dude should up with a bleeding zombie doll that we all went to town on at once...... :D

Yugo
09-17-2012, 1:53 PM
ill be there with a mic and a rhyme.

VintageDUG
09-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Looks like fun - subscribed.

Poke_Monster
09-18-2012, 2:21 AM
I am so down for this even, w00t

SeanCasey
09-18-2012, 8:12 AM
I am the chief RSO for this event so I'll answer the question regarding carry. I know we all love to strut around with guns on hips (I know I do!), but we can't always look to past events to set our rules as these events keep growing in size and scope. Ultimately we want to ensure a safe and fun environment for everyone, and we want the first-aid volunteers to have absolutely nothing to do for the entire night so that they can take turns on the firing line themselves (and keep our event going!). That said, we don't want to be so restrictive that we take the fun out of things.

For this event:
2: While on the firing line, unless actively shooting any holstered weapon must be unloaded and if the holster allows it, slide locked back. No mag in the gun in either case.
3: No holstered weapons off of the firing line or during cease fires (on table with actions open). Exception that RSO's will be allowed to carry during cease fire (unloaded, empty chamber, no mag in mag-well) but still can't carry away from the firing line.

Mp5marley
09-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I can't wait! Might even bring some hunnies with me to show off!

Moving Chicane
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I am the chief RSO for this event so I'll answer the question regarding carry. I know we all love to strut around with guns on hips (I know I do!), but we can't always look to past events to set our rules as these events keep growing in size and scope. Ultimately we want to ensure a safe and fun environment for everyone, and we want the first-aid volunteers to have absolutely nothing to do for the entire night so that they can take turns on the firing line themselves (and keep our event going!). That said, we don't want to be so restrictive that we take the fun out of things.

For this event:
2: While on the firing line, unless actively shooting any holstered weapon must be unloaded and if the holster allows it, slide locked back. No mag in the gun in either case.

Thanks for the clarification Sean. :thumbsup:

Ricky-Ray
09-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Sean, I'm sure this question will come up too so might as well get it out of the way.

Rapid fire/bump fire allowed?

Paper Boy
09-18-2012, 2:40 PM
mmmmm night time flame balls and zombies. Marked it on my calender...

pennys dad
09-18-2012, 6:58 PM
http://cdn.zombieindustries.com/shop/images/5202/tactical-organ-0-1.jpg/

Cali-Shooter
09-18-2012, 8:38 PM
I'll be there to help fight the infestation. There will be a horde of melon and oversized zucchini zombies following me there as well. Don't forget your Z.O.R.T. uniforms so we can ID you as friendlies all!

Saym14
09-18-2012, 9:15 PM
what is the cost ?

Ricky-Ray
09-18-2012, 9:50 PM
what is the cost ?

Umbrella Corporation Accountants are still crunching the numbers....stay tuned.

bob7122
09-19-2012, 5:42 AM
i'm in.

how are the range/targets illuminated? floodlights or some other type of lighting?

potluck?

QQQ
09-19-2012, 6:47 AM
Is there even such a thing as non-magnetic 7.62X54R that isn't 50 cents or more per cartridge?

FF/EMT Nick
09-19-2012, 11:20 AM

I appreciate that....I don't wanna have to plug any holes in anyone....and absolutely no bleeding anytime during the event!!!!!

mrlonewolf
09-19-2012, 3:09 PM
Is there even such a thing as non-magnetic 7.62X54R that isn't 50 cents or more per cartridge?

You can get the M30 Heavy Ball Yugo 7.62x54R, 182 grn FMJ(full copper jacketed-lead core, brass cased) with no steel that you can shoot at any range.

Steve1968LS2
09-19-2012, 4:20 PM
I so want to go..

Who needs a lift out there? Have 4x4 truck.. will travel :)

Ricky-Ray
09-19-2012, 4:34 PM
i'm in.

how are the range/targets illuminated? floodlights or some other type of lighting?

potluck?

We will have the range illuminated with floodlights. You are also welcome to bring out your tactical light's, night vision, IR or whatever night vision aids you have also. In past night shoot event's shooter's have also used glowstick's (any color BUT RED) out on the range to help illuminate either the target stand or the target circle. Other's have used cheap flashlight's angled up or cheap LED light's.

Just remember whatever you put out there to help illuminate your target can/would get shot at and if it breaks we are not responsible for that.

bob7122
09-19-2012, 9:03 PM
can we rapid fire our .22s?

pennys dad
09-20-2012, 8:28 AM
so if I put a bayonet on a mosin 91/30 does it qualify as a spear?
and if there is a zombie in front of me do i:

A: Shoot it
B: Spear it
C: Run up and shank it
or
D: realize my mosin is fully of cosmo gel and field strip it so i can clean it and let it bake int he sun?
C: Ask it if it needs health care coverage and the inform it that Obama made sure all Zombies are covered?
G: Run, hide in a tree and hope for the UN to come save me and later thank our President and Sec of State for saving me from, myself?

ShieldTactical
09-20-2012, 9:00 AM
so if I put a bayonet on a mosin 91/30 does it qualify as a spear?
and if there is a zombie in front of me do i:

A: Shoot it
B: Spear it
C: Run up and shank it
or
D: realize my mosin is fully of cosmo gel and field strip it so i can clean it and let it bake int he sun?
C: Ask it if it needs health care coverage and the inform it that Obama made sure all Zombies are covered?
G: Run, hide in a tree and hope for the UN to come save me and later thank our President and Sec of State for saving me from, myself?

I'd say A,B,C in that order
JWH

akuma23
09-20-2012, 10:32 AM
If I only own a handgun, is it worth coming?

FastFinger
09-20-2012, 10:50 AM

If all you got is an old In-n-Out straw with spitballs it's still going to be so worth it!

But - if you're concerned that you might get bored with just a hand gun, ask around and I'll bet a fellow Calgunner or two will be more than happy to bring up a rifle for you.

In fact, I'm in the same boat you are, all my long guns are in storage due to a move, so I just have my Sig, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to get some rifle time. Calgunners are givers!

http://i.imgur.com/6yTVw.png

SeanCasey
09-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Yes, in fact we will have a separate pistol line.

SeanCasey
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
can we rapid fire our .22s?

A couple people have asked about rapid fire and bump fire. While a full list of what you need to bring and other rules will be posted soon, I figure I should address this:

Controlled rapid fire only. In other words, if you shots are missing your target and hiting someone elses targets and negatively impacting their fun, you are shooting way too fast.

We wont be sitting back timing your shots, but we will be making sure that you are always in safe control of your firearm and not blasting other people's targets at random due to poor control. That means we also wont like other people shooting at your targets either! (This is general "you" not a specific "you").

Hope this helps!

Snake Eyes USA
09-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I have a bleeding Zombie Industries Zombie captive in my garage. Can I bring him? Im so ready to end its dead life. Hes been in there for about a year.

pennys dad
09-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I have a bleeding Zombie Industries Zombie captive in my garage. Can I bring him? Im so ready to end its dead life. Hes been in there for about a year.

Bring it and bring any evil pumpkins as well.

I think, if my math is wrong that there will be about 104 undead creatures around

RoundEye
09-20-2012, 1:35 PM
So I heard there were going to be celebrities at this event.

Who extract is it that I get to have the pleasure of shooting (Oooops, I mean meeting)?

Snake Eyes USA
09-20-2012, 5:51 PM
What is the cost and where do we sign up. I no longer see the invite on Facebook. I read there were only 400 sluts I mean slots. Should be fun.

AndrewMendez
09-20-2012, 7:24 PM
Sooo little speculation as to what the big surprise is!!!

surplus-addict
09-20-2012, 7:45 PM
Sooo little speculation as to what the big surprise is!!!

Qw9oX-kZ_9k

What do you mean no speculation? We ALL WANT TO KNOW! :D

AndrewMendez
09-20-2012, 7:50 PM
Qw9oX-kZ_9k

What do you mean no speculation? We ALL WANT TO KNOW! :D

Oh...I know...but nobody is speculating on what it COULD be. :43:

AR-MAN88
09-20-2012, 8:10 PM
I so want to go..

Who needs a lift out there? Have 4x4 truck.. will travel :)

I need a lift! I've been waiting to go to events like this..would be my first time. BTW Im in Long Beach.

sponge410000
09-20-2012, 8:13 PM
im am in for sure, wouldnt miss this for anything haha
are we doing food?

SpectreZ91
09-20-2012, 8:14 PM
Dumb noob question.. What about exploding targets? Bought some at the Turners thing and haven't been anywhere to shoot them.

RoundEye
09-20-2012, 8:49 PM
Oh...I know...but nobody is speculating on what it COULD be. :43:

Announcement of your sexual reassignment surgery?

Are we doing food?

Sustenance will be made available/provided.

Dumb noob question.. What about exploding targets? Bought some at the Turners thing and haven't been anywhere to shoot them.

There are "no" dumb questions. Unfortunately, if steel core/bimetal/magnetic ammo is not allowed, then neither is tanerite and other incinerary targets. Your best bet is to save it for the desert or private property.

SeanCasey
09-20-2012, 9:02 PM

Exploding and or "reactive" targets are not allowed. Metal targets also not allowed by Burro Canyon.

SpectreZ91
09-20-2012, 9:42 PM
There are "no" dumb questions. Unfortunately, if steel core/bimetal/magnetic ammo is not allowed, then neither is tanerite and other incinerary targets. Your best bet is to save it for the desert or private property.

Exploding and or "reactive" targets are not allowed. Metal targets also not allowed by Burro Canyon.

Thanks for the answer! One of these days I'll have to make a run to the desert.. =( Kinda irritates me that I thought it would be cool to buy it but now I can't shoot em. :rolleyes:

danv1369
09-20-2012, 9:42 PM
I have seen .22 tracers online, are they legal in CA and if so are they allowed at this event?

angrytroll
09-20-2012, 9:49 PM
If all you got is an old In-n-Out straw with spitballs it's still going to be so worth it!

But - if you're concerned that you might get bored with just a hand gun, ask around and I'll bet a fellow Calgunner or two will be more than happy to bring up a rifle for you.

In fact, I'm in the same boat you are, all my long guns are in storage due to a move, so I just have my Sig, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to get some rifle time. Calgunners are givers!

http://i.imgur.com/6yTVw.png

I will be bringing my ar,sks,10-22, and mosin m44. Bring some ammo and you can go to town..

mrlonewolf
09-20-2012, 9:50 PM
Tracer ammunition is illegal in CA.

Cali-Shooter
09-20-2012, 9:59 PM
I have seen .22 tracers online, are they legal in CA and if so are they allowed at this event?

Possession of tracer ammo is illegal (except for shotguns) here in CA. Don't order any to be shipped here into the PRK, and don't bring any to the shoot.

danv1369
09-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Tracer ammunition is illegal in CA.

Thanks I learned something today :)

SpectreZ91
09-20-2012, 10:52 PM
That got me to thinking.. What about those 12 gauge shells that do cool stuff.. Like a flame thrower.. Streamers and what not? Is there someplace I can read on what's kosher?

Though knowing nazifornia there's nothing fun allowed.

Ed_Hazard
09-21-2012, 2:22 AM
That got me to thinking.. What about those 12 gauge shells that do cool stuff.. Like a flame thrower.. Streamers and what not? Is there someplace I can read on what's kosher?

Though knowing nazifornia there's nothing fun allowed.

Rule of thumb for ammo in Ca. If it does anything other than put a hole in the target, it is most likely illegal. :thumbsup:

Will definitely attend along with my 2 brothers. This is looking like it will blow the socks off the TTS.

pennys dad
09-21-2012, 6:25 AM
What would a line for 100 shooters all holding Mosin's look like at night if they all fire together?

ole
09-21-2012, 7:33 AM
Is this a family friendly event? In other words, can I bring my kids who would love the opportunity to shoot at night, or do I crush their hopes and dreams and make them stay at home? What is the minimum age?

Paper Boy
09-21-2012, 8:08 AM
Never been to Burro, how big is the aria and how many people can it hold?

pennys dad
09-21-2012, 8:15 AM
Is this a family friendly event? In other words, can I bring my kids who would love the opportunity to shoot at night, or do I crush their hopes and dreams and make them stay at home? What is the minimum age?

Bring them, they will get to shoot at bleeding zombies

pennys dad
09-21-2012, 8:16 AM
Never been to Burro, how big is the aria and how many people can it hold?

http://www.burrocanyon.com/images/index_pic1.jpg

TheExiled
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Ill be there +1

socalbowhunter
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM

I'll be bringing quite a few rifles and handguns. I'm willing to share and I'm sure others are as well.
To be on the safe side, bring some ammo and I'm sure someone will let you shoot their firearms.

Thomas1190
09-21-2012, 11:48 AM
With all these people going, are we literally going to have access to all of, or most of the Burro ranges? Sounds like Burro will be under our possession that day lol :p

pennys dad
09-21-2012, 1:47 PM
With all these people going, are we literally going to have access to all of, or most of the Burro ranges? Sounds like Burro will be under our possession that day lol :p

If you are saying Zombie Possession, then yes I agree

Paper Boy
09-21-2012, 1:57 PM
Well pennys dad I guess that answers that question :) So will the whole range be open to us?

pennys dad
09-21-2012, 2:01 PM
:-) we will release the news soon

fouber
09-21-2012, 3:13 PM
What would a line for 100 shooters all holding Mosin's look like at night if they all fire together?

Oh, bet is is bright.... What a sight!

Kokak
09-21-2012, 4:51 PM
I will be there...

elfstone
09-21-2012, 9:33 PM
In the absence of a sign up thread. I will also say "I am coming" as I do not want to miss it by being late.

? If my target holder's consist of a metal frame, is that kosher?

May I please ask the wonderful coordinators if we can ask Burro to illuminate a few sporting clay stations. It probably could work for an extra $ fee and I'm sure there will be enough members to do so.
Illuminated flying fluorescent legal'exploding' clay targets with a black background is neat-o.

SWalt
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
sub

Ricky-Ray
09-22-2012, 12:35 PM
In the absence of a sign up thread. I will also say "I am coming" as I do not want to miss it by being late.

? If my target holder's consist of a metal frame, is that kosher?

May I please ask the wonderful coordinators if we can ask Burro to illuminate a few sporting clay stations. It probably could work for an extra $ fee and I'm sure there will be enough members to do so.
Illuminated flying fluorescent legal'exploding' clay targets with a black background is neat-o.

Sign up thread will be available real soon. The Umbrella Corp's CEO's are keeping a tight reign on overtime for the web developers and making sure they are sticking to an 8-5 schedule. Keep an eye on this thread and when it's ready it will be announced.

Unfortunately Burro does not allow any metal out on the range and that includes the frame. Just about any non-metal or non exploding targets would be good to go at Burro. Examples would be paper/carboard targets, bleeding zombies, bowling pins, clay targets, fruits, vegetables, melons (pumpkins should be cheap since it's right after Halloween), water filled jug's with glowsticks. Just remember if you put out water bottles to shoot at you must pick them up and throw them in the trash can afterwards. NO trash will be left behind on the range.

Unfortunately we will not be able to open the sporting clay section at Burro. Since Burro does not have a lighting system we have to bring our own and setup the generators and light's to illuminate as much of the area as possible for the areas we have designated. However you are welcome to bring a hand thrower or if you have your own clay launcher out and setup at the end of the rifle line

elfstone
09-22-2012, 4:45 PM

Unfortunately we will not be able to open the sporting clay section at Burro. Since Burro does not have a lighting system we have to bring our own and setup the generators and light's to illuminate as much of the area as possible for the areas we have designated. However you are welcome to bring a hand thrower or if you have your own clay launcher out and setup at the end of the rifle line

Thanks Ray. I would love to set up a mechanical clay thrower @ the end of the line. Of course others could use it too.

pennys dad
09-22-2012, 6:11 PM
Thanks Ray. I would love to set up a mechanical clay thrower @ the end of the line. Of course others could use it too.

Can it go on the end of the pistol line?

flipdiver
09-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Count me in!

elfstone
09-23-2012, 8:51 AM
Can it go on the end of the pistol line?

Wherever you Sirs would like it. Would the pistol line floodlights illuminate to 65 yrds?

Poke_Monster
09-23-2012, 4:10 PM
I'm down to bring my geni and some 1000 Watt Floods. I have 4 1000 Watt Floods if that will help.

I also have a manual clay thrower too, and 400 clays.

uxo2
09-23-2012, 5:26 PM
OH Boy......How can I get this one past the wife....

1forall
09-23-2012, 6:52 PM
Sounds like fun...count me in, I'll be waiting for more details.

m.rod19
09-23-2012, 7:05 PM
Can't wait, especially after missing the sszs

The_Tinman
09-23-2012, 8:53 PM
Tagged

defcon
09-24-2012, 1:16 PM
My .22's are ready. I just have to convince the wifey if I can stay out late.

I can bring my .22 M200, .22 M82 Barrett and .22 M60 PIG

I'll probably bring 10 .22 rifle, AR15 and a Saiga 12

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8449/7918693424_aae6739f14_o.jpg

AJAX22
09-24-2012, 1:22 PM
How firm are you on the whole... "No rocket launchers" thing?

I think there may be a loophole for 'training rockets' fired through 'subcaliber' adapters....

RenegadeHB
09-24-2012, 4:13 PM
Count me in plus 4

Mp5marley
09-24-2012, 5:24 PM
I will totally be there! With my DOG!

Mp5marley
09-24-2012, 5:26 PM
Whats the best 223/556 ammo that causes the biggest flash? PMC?

Fixmy59bug
09-24-2012, 6:58 PM
I am so there.

Hopefully my brother from NV will be able to make it too...

(Im)Patiently waiting for sign up sheet.

ChamberCheck
09-24-2012, 8:57 PM
I have never been to Burro before...how is the road to get in? Someone mentioned a 4x4. Is that because of what is needed to get in, or more than likely just what they have? Thanks and regards.

Dave

Ricky-Ray
09-24-2012, 9:02 PM
I have never been to Burro before...how is the road to get in? Someone mentioned a 4x4. Is that because of what is needed to get in, or more than likely just what they have? Thanks and regards.

Dave

4x4 definitely not needed. It's paved road all the way to the main gate of the range. Once you get to the range it's a dirt paved road. I drive a Honda Accord and I have no issues going there. I would say as long as your car is at least stock height then you are good to go. There maybe one or two spots along the way where you would have to slow down a bit, like a speed bump.