PDA

View Full Version : EDIT: Sac City's fault, nothing on RCGE (fingerprinting for ammo)

sharxbyte
09-14-2012, 12:55 PM
The only reason I let it go, is because I wanted to see how my gun runs anything besides Tula, I'm clean, and I'm already in the system because of my Massage Cert's... Still kinda pisses me off that they took my info and a fingerprint for a simple purchase of 40 rds of 7.62x39...

The pricing isn't bad (5.40 + tax, about a dollar per box more than I get it for in bulk), but if you have a problem with "Sac PD making sure you aren't a felon or anything" then buy ammo elsewhere...

EDIT

So it's City limit and not their fault :) Thanks guys!

CK_32
09-14-2012, 1:04 PM
Well that sucks.

DCF
09-14-2012, 1:05 PM
It's not their call, that is the law on selling ammo within Sacramento city limit.

keenkeen
09-14-2012, 1:11 PM
City law since 2007ish...

Applies to any retail sales of ammo in to city, nothing specific to RCGE.

Norcal Industries
09-14-2012, 1:13 PM
get a ltc, then you only have to show it to them to buy ammo.

Curley Red
09-14-2012, 1:50 PM
Couple of years ago I had to give a fingerprint for lead bullets there.

ChaneRZ
09-14-2012, 1:55 PM
Just go to wally world. 4.97 for a box of tula.

Root66
09-14-2012, 3:07 PM
Yep, protest the law with your absence...purchase somewhere else in the county.

MiddleKingdom
09-14-2012, 3:28 PM
If you like the guys at River City continue to buy there. Donnie and the guys there are always nice to me and very informative. Since they are in the city limits their hands are tied.

CK_32
09-14-2012, 3:35 PM
It's not their call, that is the law on selling ammo within Sacramento city limit.

City law since 2007ish...

Applies to any retail sales of ammo in to city, nothing specific to RCGE.

That really suck..

HonkingAntelope
09-14-2012, 4:42 PM
What's next? Door-to-door searches to make sure someone isn't hiding a Jew or an illegal immigrant in their attic?

Mossy Man
09-14-2012, 4:44 PM

Yup, agree with this.

Don't punish them for the stupidity of the government.

I've bought many guns from them before. I like going there and they always treat me well.

Just picked up my gen 3 G19 there for $399 used with night sights....looks almost new and with night sights that's a steal.

Mossy Man
09-14-2012, 4:45 PM
What's next? Door-to-door searches to make sure someone isn't hiding a Jew or an illegal immigrant in their attic?

almost every tyrant rose to power by the people giving it them.

Eldraque
09-14-2012, 4:46 PM

the government likes illegal immigrants, because they can be controlled easily.

so no.

United states citizens however are hard to control, especially since we have guns.

LMTluvr
09-14-2012, 4:58 PM
As stated above, city ordinance. The thought behind it was popping parolees, probationers and any other form of "evil doer" who's prohibited from possessing firearms for buying ammunition for a weapon they're not supposed to have. I recall a while back reading an article stating the ordinance was a " huge success" as they had nailed a dozen or so people with weapons.
I still buy ammo from rcge on a regular basis. They're prices, availability of certain weapons and willingness to help is great. Very knowledgable and friendly staff etc.

HeHateMe
09-14-2012, 5:10 PM
The only reason I let it go, is because I wanted to see how my gun runs anything besides Tula, I'm clean, and I'm already in the system because of my Massage Cert's... Still kinda pisses me off that they took my info and a fingerprint for a simple purchase of 40 rds of 7.62x39...

The pricing isn't bad (5.40 + tax, about a dollar per box more than I get it for in bulk), but if you have a problem with "Sac PD making sure you aren't a felon or anything" then buy ammo elsewhere...

You do know it's not their choice to fingerprint, right?

Sbasham
09-14-2012, 6:15 PM
Sacramento County or City Limit requires this?

bloodhawke83
09-14-2012, 6:17 PM
Sacramento County or City Limit requires this?

city, i'm pretty far from it. I wished there were more distance between me and the city. :D

Don29palms
09-14-2012, 8:29 PM
the government likes illegal immigrants, because they can be controlled easily.

so no.

United states citizens however are hard to control, especially since we have guns.

It was a Nazi reference.

Saigon1965
09-14-2012, 9:35 PM
Protest who? The store that's following a law? Or the lawmaker?

Yep, protest the law with your absence...purchase somewhere else in the county.

tujungatoes
09-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Same law has been on the books here in LA for years. It's cumbersome, but you just gotta deal. They actually do catch quite a few prohibited persons with it too.

Taking your business elsewhere doesn't "protest the law". You can't put the law out of business because the law doesn't make money, and as such doesn't give a f**k. What it does is put the hurt on(according to several posters) a good local gunstore.

AmoAgave
09-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Pain in the *** if you're in a hurry, but doesn't bother me much. River City is a great store, I could go and buy at WalMart in Elk Grove or Folsom, but rather support a good local store.

Dreaded Claymore
09-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Forget it Jack, it's Sacramento.

But seriously, like everyone else said, it's a Sacramento city ordinance, not River City Gun Exchange's policy.

Mossy Man
09-15-2012, 7:55 AM
Pain in the *** if you're in a hurry, but doesn't bother me much. River City is a great store, I could go and buy at WalMart in Elk Grove or Folsom, but rather support a good local store.

.....if they had any in stock"

I usually try to buy the 100 round value-pack of 9mm federal champ for $19.97 or the tula .223 for $4.97/20....

but they rarely have either in stock and their single unit prices for federal 9mm is more expensive than RCGE and RCGE ALWAYS has 5.56/9mm for reasonable prices.

kentactic
09-15-2012, 7:58 AM
Crazy...

SactoPlinker
09-15-2012, 9:31 AM
.....if they had any in stock"

I usually try to buy the 100 round value-pack of 9mm federal champ for $19.97 or the tula .223 for $4.97/20....

but they rarely have either in stock and their single unit prices for federal 9mm is more expensive than RCGE and RCGE ALWAYS has 5.56/9mm for reasonable prices.

I agree with this, whenever i need 5.56 they have it in stock along with most other calibers i shoot and with them only being a couple minutes away, i support them instead of a box store.

sharxbyte
09-15-2012, 2:13 PM
The employees seemed nice enough. Thanks for the info about buying in the city :)

/thread

negolien
09-16-2012, 1:00 AM

I' am ok with the Border runner checks myself...:p