PDA

View Full Version : First lower build fail

STI
09-13-2012, 9:56 PM
I have a TM 308 lower that I tried to assemble. I bought a DSA 6 pos carbine buffer tube, DPMS LR-308 rifle buffer, and spring. It's not working together. Did I get the wrong buffer tube, or spring and buffer? Was I supposed to get the carbine spring and buffer?

IPSICK
09-13-2012, 10:14 PM
I have a TM 308 lower that I tried to assemble. I bought a DSA 6 pos carbine buffer tube, DPMS LR-308 rifle buffer, and spring. It's not working together. Did I get the wrong buffer tube, or spring and buffer? Was I supposed to get the carbine spring and buffer?

This is your problem. You either need a rifle tube for your rifle buffer and rifle spring or a carbine buffer and carbine spring for your carbine tube.

STI
09-14-2012, 4:24 AM
I thought a carbine buffer and spring were for an upper with carbine gas system? I have a midlength. Every buffer tube for a collapsible stock that I found on Midway said carbine. So a carbine buffer and spring will work with my midlength upper?

Dhena81
09-14-2012, 5:03 AM
I thought a carbine buffer and spring were for an upper with carbine gas system? I have a midlength. Every buffer tube for a collapsible stock that I found on Midway said carbine. So a carbine buffer and spring will work with my midlength upper?

Yes

motorwerks
09-14-2012, 6:25 PM
Ok so... Carbine Buffer will work with a Rifle length, Mid length, or Carbine length gas systems, and a Rifle length will work with a Rifle length, Mid length, or a carbine length gas system.

You have to have everything the same length though, in other words Buffer, Spring, and tube must all be the same length. So Carbine Buffer, Carbine Spring, and Carbine, Buffer tube or Riffle length Buffer, Tube, and Spring.

I know this all makes sense in my head I hope I got it to come across right. :D

wash
09-14-2012, 6:36 PM
Except that it's a .308 and there are two lengths of carbine buffer.

The real answer is make sure you ask if the parts will work together before you buy.

I don't care for any of the available buffer setups so I'm going to create a fourth option which will make things even less clear.

It's not a good situation.