PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Defoor Sights for Glock

tal3nt
09-13-2012, 6:57 PM
Does anyone have shooting experience with these sights? They're the plain sights with the thin serrated front. I did an impulse buy on them last night without doing much research. I'll be having them installed on my 19.

I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Thanks

tal3nt
09-13-2012, 8:48 PM
I guess people are just too into the night sight hype..

tbc
09-13-2012, 9:21 PM
Haven't tried the Ameriglo Defoor but I can assure you any night sights is better than Glock's stock sights. You won't be disappointed.

tal3nt
09-13-2012, 9:33 PM
Well, these aren't night sights.. But I've since done some research on them. I think I will soon be starting a trend as these sights are apparently the best sights in the entire universe. I will have them soon enough, look out for a review

DRAB_81
09-13-2012, 9:35 PM
I'm with you tal3nt, I think night sights are over-hyped and under-thought. I started with Trijicons on all my Glocks, and got to the point where I was outrunning them. I made the switch to all black Sevigny Carry's (similar to Defoor sight picture) & I couldn't be happier. One of the many great things about all black sights is cost (my Sevigny Carry's ran $65 shipped from CPWSA). That way you're not out $150 for a set of Trijicon HD's (the latest night fighter craze). The only set of night sights I'd even consider at this point, although very unlikely, would be the Ameriglo CAP's like good 'ol Shannannerguns has on his GEN 4 G19.

Here is what the sight picture looks like on ALL my Glocks:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/SevignySightPicture.jpg

NORCAL#1
09-13-2012, 9:41 PM
Great sites I got a set on my 19 and 17

NORCAL#1
09-13-2012, 9:42 PM
Sights.

TATER313
09-13-2012, 9:45 PM
I have xs 24/7 express big dot on my g27 and they are great, fast target acquisition. I just ordered the standard dot for my G21sf. $99 for sights

tal3nt
09-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm with you tal3nt, I think night sights are over-hyped and under-thought. I started with Trijicons on all my Glocks, and got to the point where I was outrunning them. I made the switch to all black Sevigny Carry's (similar to Defoor sight picture) & I couldn't be happier. One of the many great things about all black sights is cost (my Sevigny Carry's ran $65 shipped from CPWSA). That way you're not out $150 for a set of Trijicon HD's (the latest night fighter craze). The only set of night sights I'd even consider at this point, although very unlikely, would be the Ameriglo CAP's like good 'ol Shannannerguns has on his GEN 4 G19.

Here is what the sight picture looks like on ALL my Glocks:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/SevignySightPicture.jpg

Thanks for sharing, thats a sweet set up. Pretty much the exact sight picture i was going for.

tbc
09-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, these aren't night sights.. But I've since done some research on them. I think I will soon be starting a trend as these sights are apparently the best sights in the entire universe. I will have them soon enough, look out for a review

Oops! My bad!

jessegpresley
09-14-2012, 2:54 PM
Gold bead front with wide notch rear are supposed to be the best in the universe, with Heinie Straight 8s second.

tal3nt
09-19-2012, 5:35 PM
Gold bead? Seriously?