PDA

View Full Version : Gun pics?

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Why does everyone state there sorry for crappy cellphone pics when if not all, over a vast majority of cellphones have HD cameras? I love the pics my phone produces and have no issues with it.
What are your thoughts on this fellow cal gunners?

boamedt
09-13-2012, 11:45 AM
I dont have a seperate camera...isnt that y they put them in phones?mines 8mp...good enough

zfields
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
My phone has a "hd" camera, still takes ****astic photos though.

Jacfourteen
09-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I know that most people nowadays have smartphones that take great pictures, but there are still those out there carrying old flip phones. I would imagine that those on here are more tech savvy since their mere presence here shows that they use computers, so the majority probably have newer phones. However, even if you have a phone that is capable of decent quality photos it doesn't mean that the user knows how to take full advantage of the phone's capabilities. Lighting, stability of the camera, distance, backdrop, etc all play major roles in the overall quality of the image.

Turo
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
My guess would be that most people think like my grandpa. He has a cell phone that takes 0.8MP pictures. He uses the phone to call people, and that's it. He couldn't give half a rat's *** whether it had a camera or not, but if he has to use it to get a "general idea" picture to somebody, he can.

A good 50% of people don't know or care how well their phone takes pictures.

Baconator
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
You've obviously never met Neil.

nickbackouris
09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
You can own a really nice gun, and be a terrible shot.

I find that principle applies with most everything in life. It's not the gadget or tool, it's the person holding it.

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
All are valid points. Just saying, Where I live 98% of people have an android or a blackberry or an iPhone capable of better than regular pics. I love how my pics turn out.
But it's true not everyone takes other elements into consideration (lighting; color; shading etc). There's always photoshop!!!! (rolls eyes)

Lost-trails
09-13-2012, 11:59 AM
:useless:

Sorry, just had to do it. LOL

Brandon04GT
09-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't use a smartphone....but I have a digicam for stuff like this

zfields
09-13-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't use a smartphone....but I have a digicam for stuff like this

Same, old Sony SLR for most mine.

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 12:09 PM
:useless:

Sorry, just had to do it. LOL

My best pic I think I've taken and posted
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/euphoria526/eb0feb33.jpg
Or this one:
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/euphoria526/4a9f2eba.jpg

Both with an iPhone 4s camera. No photoshop. Nothing special, just cool lighting at the range and a good angle.

Baconator
09-13-2012, 12:10 PM
My best pic I think I've taken and posted
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/euphoria526/eb0feb33.jpg
Or this one:
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/euphoria526/4a9f2eba.jpg

Both with an iPhone 4s camera. No photoshop. Nothing special, just cool lighting at the range and a good angle.

Those are some terrible cell phone pictures!

I kid, I kid.

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Same, old Sony SLR for most mine.

Well with what lil cash i have I'd rather shoot than get a digicam hahaha.
Plus I can manipulate pics on my phone well enough if I need to

zfields
09-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Well with what lil cash i have I'd rather shoot than get a digicam hahaha.
Plus I can manipulate pics on my phone well enough if I need to

I bought this one for 100 bucks about 5 years ago...it was already an old model then ;p

No idea how to freaking use it. I just get lucky once in a while.

Sent from my fingers, to your face.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pbMR4vtNVNU/TpCDFhiYFJI/AAAAAAAAAuE/IDOZZt-Kbro/s800/DSC00648.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-fypBMNmRyD4/TctnokfOA-I/AAAAAAAAAMg/AIHegENpt0c/s800/DSC00404.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-crMb_SOLTCQ/TV7_bVlio1I/AAAAAAAAAHM/w0AaSXfBFJM/s800/DSC00369.JPG

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Sweet. Yeah I guess I'm lazy on a camera. Haha
You dare tempt me with your pics of an sp01?!? Damn I want one. I'd rather get lucky and find one at the range or at an lgs. Lol
That's a nice lookin xdm as well!!! Of coarse the SA in 9 right?

zfields
09-13-2012, 1:07 PM
Sweet. Yeah I guess I'm lazy on a camera. Haha
You dare tempt me with your pics of an sp01?!? Damn I want one. I'd rather get lucky and find one at the range or at an lgs. Lol
That's a nice lookin xdm as well!!! Of coarse the SA in 9 right?

Good luck, mines a tactical : )

Its a standard xd .45 service...that was chopped down to compact. short, ugly, very stupid story on how/why that happened.

A-J
09-13-2012, 1:43 PM
Why does everyone state there sorry for crappy cellphone pics when if not all, over a vast majority of cellphones have HD cameras? I love the pics my phone produces and have no issues with it.
What are your thoughts on this fellow cal gunners?

It could ver ywell be crappy phone pic quality - mine takes horrible pics under the right (wrong) lighting conditions. But mostly it's probably just user error. And cell phones don't seem as tolerant of minor movement while pushing the button as digicams are.

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 1:55 PM
Good luck, mines a tactical : )

Its a standard xd .45 service...that was chopped down to compact. short, ugly, very stupid story on how/why that happened.

Yeah I know I can't get the tactical unless someone sells it. But I know I couldn't find a used one for a decent price :/ or even find one use at all. So I hve to settle on a regular, so maybe get the decocker job done from czcustoms.com. Lol

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 1:56 PM
It could ver ywell be crappy phone pic quality - mine takes horrible pics under the right (wrong) lighting conditions. But mostly it's probably just user error. And cell phones don't seem as tolerant of minor movement while pushing the button as digicams are.

That's true. And I'm spoiled with my camera phone. But with the release of the iPhone 5 and then low low price tag. Everyone will prob find themselves with one at some point or another.

zfields
09-13-2012, 2:05 PM
Yeah I know I can't get the tactical unless someone sells it. But I know I couldn't find a used one for a decent price :/ or even find one use at all. So I hve to settle on a regular, so maybe get the decocker job done from czcustoms.com. Lol

The holes in the frame are different on decocker models compared to DA/SA

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 2:08 PM
The holes in the frame are different on decocker models compared to DA/SA

So are you saying that I can't get that on a regular sp01?

teflondog
09-13-2012, 2:12 PM
I'm still using a Blackberry 9300, which has a crappy camera with no flash. I refuse to upgrade to one of the latest smart phones that are twice the size of my Blackberry.

This pic makes VZ grips look awful when they actually look very nice in person.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/26890_1211680176496_3146861_n.jpg

InGrAM
09-13-2012, 3:14 PM
I don't waste my money on phones.....

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 3:28 PM
^^^ just cameras? Lol Jk.
I'd rather buy a new gun. Hahaha

triggs75
09-13-2012, 4:02 PM
Just because the new phones claim they have HD cameras does not mean the pics will be as good as a regular digital camera. Yes yes the cellphone pics do come out nice but there are a lot of easy variables that can mess with the camera phones.

The pic the OP posted to me looks good, but is washed out in grey it seems. Descent pic but people will put sorry it's a cellphone pic.

I guess I will have to see how the new iPhone 5 camera pics will look like next Friday :D :43: :D

Chad

Euphoria526
09-13-2012, 4:04 PM
Exactly!! That's was the point in those pics btw. It was a clear blue day with the right angle it translated well onto the steel.

fullspeed1
09-13-2012, 5:53 PM
I'm still using a Blackberry 9300, which has a crappy camera with no flash. I refuse to upgrade to one of the latest smart phones that are twice the size of my Blackberry.

This pic makes VZ grips look awful when they actually look very nice in person.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/26890_1211680176496_3146861_n.jpg

Umm, nice!

stix213
09-13-2012, 6:45 PM
People who are trying to sell their guns often are doing it because they need the money, Obama economy and all. Getting a new iPhone 5 or whatever is probably not on their priority list. Making rent another month while praying for a job call back, feeding their kids, etc are probably where all their smart phone and gun money is going.

Bigtwin
09-13-2012, 8:31 PM
My guess would be that most people think like my grandpa. He has a cell phone that takes 0.8MP pictures. He uses the phone to call people, and that's it. He couldn't give half a rat's *** whether it had a camera or not, but if he has to use it to get a "general idea" picture to somebody, he can.

A good 50% of people don't know or care how well their phone takes pictures.

What? Speak up! I am not your grandpa!

But my phone makes calls............and that is what I need it for!
And NO I am nowhere near grandpa age, in my 30's!