PDA

View Full Version : pretty slack between slide and frame, will not affect accuracy?

dawn777
09-13-2012, 7:42 AM
i find my p226 mk25's slide is pretty slack from frame, i can hear the noise if i shake my hand little bit.

i do not shoot it yet, just wondering, how does it can keep its accuracy?

also, the gun was shot beause the inside is pretty dirty, is that normal? it was shot for factory test?

guitargeak99
09-13-2012, 7:55 AM
I'm not sure if accuracy or operation is affected, but I had an SP2022 that did the same thing. I always wondered why it had so much "free play" and yes, I could shake it and it would make noise.
But still , that gun functioned flawlessly and was a tack driver.

JaeOne3345
09-13-2012, 8:32 AM
No. The sights are attached to the slide, right? **As long as the barrel fits the slide correctly**, it doesn't matter how jiggly the fitted slide/barrel unit is on the frame. Your sighting device is on the slide/barrel unit.

If you had a frame mounted optic like an open division race gun which made no contact with the slide, then yes, accuracy would be an issue because in that situation, your red dot is on target, but the barrel/slide may be pointed at a different location.

Make sense?

dawn777
09-13-2012, 8:40 AM
yes, you are right!!
as long as there is no slack between the barrel and slde, the gun will keep the accuracy.

thanks a lot~

No. The sights are attached to the slide, right? **As long as the barrel fits the slide correctly**, it doesn't matter how jiggly the fitted slide/barrel unit is on the frame. Your sighting device is on the slide/barrel unit.

If you had a frame mounted optic like an open division race gun which made no contact with the slide, then yes, accuracy would be an issue because in that situation, your red dot is on target, but the barrel/slide may be pointed at a different location.

Make sense?

JaeOne3345
09-13-2012, 8:43 AM
yes, you are right!!
as long as there is no slack between the barrel and slde, the gun will keep the accuracy.

thanks a lot~

http://www.shirtaday.com/pastShirts/20070402_gijoeBig.jpg

lmao I'm on a roll this morning!

Have a good day, bro. Glad to help.

kentactic
09-13-2012, 9:16 AM
Slack = Reliability

With that said glocks have lots of slack and they shoot quite accurate. If theres slack between the sights and the slide you might have a problem lol

JeremyS
09-13-2012, 9:40 AM
>>> Insert story about G.I.s picking up 1911's and shaking them, looking for one that rattled to choose it for going into battle because the extra tolerances made it more reliable <<<

jessegpresley
09-13-2012, 3:08 PM
i find my p226 mk25's slide is pretty slack from frame, i can hear the noise if i shake my hand little bit.

i do not shoot it yet, just wondering, how does it can keep its accuracy?

Yeah, we could tell. Less shaking, more shooting.

CK_32
09-13-2012, 3:26 PM
Yeah, we could tell. Less shaking, more shooting.

That sounds so wrong lol

:D

RRichie09
09-14-2012, 7:10 AM
http://fem-fatl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/shake-weightFINAL2-1024x548.jpg

JTROKS
09-14-2012, 8:01 AM
A P226 is what's shaking? And I thought it was another 1911 beatdown.