PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a Holster for s CZ SP01.

em9sredbeam
09-12-2012, 9:12 AM
I just bought a CZ SP01, and I am looking for a recommendation on what to get for a holster. Something that would preferable put less wear on it than other brands.

Mossbeard
09-12-2012, 5:42 PM
I bought a "Mike's Special" IWB from TTGunleather for my CZ 75 Compact. I've only had it for a month, but I love it. It's extremely well made and comfortable to wear.

bsg
09-12-2012, 6:31 PM
to assist you with the issue of holster wear on gun... i suggest you go to the Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc. website on the internet.

upon arriving to the Milt Sparks home page, see "Questions" option on left side of page and select it; upon entering the Questions section, select question #5. i believe you will find the information offered to be of some assistance to you.

www.miltsparks.com/ (http://www.miltsparks.com/)

voiceofreason
09-12-2012, 6:45 PM
I bought a "Mike's Special" IWB from TTGunleather for my CZ 75 Compact. I've only had it for a month, but I love it. It's extremely well made and comfortable to wear.

Leather conceals much better than kydex or plastic.

I'd recommend making sure the mouth stays open even with the gun removed.

TT Gunleather is THE BEST leather IMO, including Sparks. I've owned 4 Sparks holsters BTW.

The Mike's Special is a concealment holster that can make a large handgun conceal like a compact one.

They take a bit to break in though.

You'll need a different style of holster for shooting courses though.

voiceofreason
09-12-2012, 6:45 PM
accept that holster wear is just a part of using a holster

FredoSD
09-13-2012, 8:23 AM
accept that holster wear is just a part of using a holster

This is the correct answer. Even lined holsters will impart some wear marks a gun that is USED for it's intended purpose.

em9sredbeam
09-13-2012, 8:26 AM
I understand you will always get wear, but if I am given a choice between a couple, I would like the better built of the two. I am looking mainly for a OWB holster. One for steel shoots and open carry.

voiceofreason
09-13-2012, 4:43 PM
I understand you will always get wear, but if I am given a choice between a couple, I would like the better built of the two. I am looking mainly for a OWB holster. One for steel shoots and open carry.

For open carry and less holster wear, see if Safariland makes a model 6377. VERY fast holster, the ALS retention system won't slow you down a bit.

If they make this holster for your gun, it's the answer to all your questions.

Fast, retention, &
Additionally it features suede lining to help protect the gunís sights and finish.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6377

the 6378 is the same holster with the belt AND paddle instead of the belt only for the 6377

the paddle is useless IMO

---

Take a look at TT Gunleather's Pancake holster as well. I just spoke with Tim on the phone today to ask him about another model.

http://ttgunleather.com/catalog/i53.html

bsg
09-13-2012, 5:11 PM
Milt Sparks 55BN.