PDA

View Full Version : Two New Buckles

Khanan
09-12-2012, 8:07 AM
Wait a minute.....

You just nonchalantly said you won 2 belt buckles. :party: Freaking Congrats!

This deserves its own thread by itself. What did you win? What class? your score? Overall impression of shooting in a ranked shoot.

yes, its a :threadjacked:

Since I am told this needs a new thread, here it is:

I competed in the So Cal Skeet Championships this weekend. It was my first registered tournament and I was more nervous than I thought I would be.

I did not shoot as good as I expected to shoot but I did win a couple of buckles. I won Doubles D Class 3rd and 12 Gauge E Class 3rd buckles.

My scores were:
Doubles 72
12 Gauge 85
20 Gauge 83
28 Gauge 84
.410 Bore 82

As I said, I was expecting more from myself and I hope to improve those scores with more practice and some registered shoots under my belt so I don't miss because of nerves. But I got two buckles so I should probably shut up and just be glad I did as good as I did.

I owe everything I won to Coach Don Zeigler and Richard and of course Jordan who set up the So Cal Skeet Clinics (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=329160) which got me started down this path. Thank you very much.

epic1856
09-12-2012, 8:59 AM
Congrats again, you got pics of said buckles?

tenxby7
09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey! You said you did "sh*tty"
Looks like you did pretty darn good. Congrats!!!

sidious
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
As I said, I was expecting more from myself and I hope to improve those scores with more practice and some registered shoots under my belt so I don't miss because of nerves. But I got two buckles so I should probably shut up and just be glad I did as good as I did.

You did well enough to win on your first registered shoot.

Now we need pics of the buckles!

:useless:

GunninIt
09-12-2012, 2:02 PM
A big congrats to you, Khanan. Looking forward to getting into my first registered shoot (someday), and hope to do half as good as you did! The registered shoots/competitions sure aren't the same as just practicing and hanging out with Richard and Coach. A lot more stress! You did well.

Khanan
09-12-2012, 2:18 PM
I was trying to not make a big deal about this. Other people shot better than me and didn't get any buckles.

Here are the requested pics:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/tihstae_photos/Skeet/IMAG0103.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/tihstae_photos/Skeet/IMAG0104.jpg

GunninIt
09-12-2012, 2:27 PM
They're beautiful! Again, nice work, and don't downplay your accomplishments. That's why they have classes - and that's why they you can move up in classes.

Giselle
09-12-2012, 8:16 PM
Congratulations!

I'm proud of you!

I know Coach and Richard are too.

sidious
09-12-2012, 8:20 PM
I agree, they're beautiful! A lot bigger than the pins from the Sansei shoots!

Khanan
09-12-2012, 8:46 PM
I agree, they're beautiful! A lot bigger than the pins from the Sansei shoots!

But they don't fit on the hat as easily. :rolleyes:

bjl333
09-13-2012, 5:33 PM
Congrats Ken!! Great job ....