PDA

View Full Version : San Diego trigger job gunsmith for SP101?

JohnFLand
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I have a Ruger SP101 .327 Magnum that's got a 12+ lb. trigger pull in double action (my digital trigger pull scale only goes to 12 lbs, so I don't know the real value).

Can you recommend a good gunsmith in San Diego who can do a trigger job on an P101?

I've considered shipping to Clark Custom, but the shipping costs are pretty high if you do it as requested by the shipping companies.

TIA for any good advice.

Rorge Retson
09-11-2012, 5:23 PM
The only person in San Diego county I would trust with trigger work would be Hugo at Duncan's.

I am obviously not the only one who feels this way - his waiting list is over 3 months long right now.

p1choco
09-11-2012, 5:49 PM
That's not long in gunsmith time.

Rorge Retson
09-11-2012, 5:53 PM
That's not long in gunsmith time.

Perhaps for competent gunsmiths. I have heard people who say you can walk in to some places and get work done.

I pass on that.

JohnFLand
09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
The only person in San Diego county I would trust with trigger work would be Hugo at Duncan's.

I am obviously not the only one who feels this way - his waiting list is over 3 months long right now.

Thanks!

Budd
09-12-2012, 6:26 AM
Doing a basic trigger job is so easy on the SP101 - just search youtube videos on how to do it.

I changed out the main spring, and trigger return spring, polished up some internals - and now have a lovely smooth trigger. I had never done a trigger job before and this was easy. I used Wolff springs kit.