PDA

View Full Version : someone work on my A4.

mstgtmr
09-11-2012, 6:45 AM
I need a mechanic who won't rape my because its an "A4" but I need my lower control arms replaced. I have the parts and the new arms are complete with ball joints and bushings. So just remove and replace, I think it is just the lower rear control arm on the fronts that's bad. But I have all the arms new and sway bar endlinks. Depending on how much ill do all of them or just what's needed. I don't have available garage to work on my cars right now or I do it myself. The car is 98 audi a4 2.8 v6 front wheel drive. And I would like to do it friday morning -mid day. You can text me also. 714-486-4837. I'm in yorba Linda and can travel a little if needed.

BomarFab
09-13-2012, 2:35 PM
I'm not nearby, so I can't help. But be prepared to pay well for this, unless you find someone willing to do it in their garage. Even then, make sure they know whats involved. I have done this job, and its not a quick one. The rear lower arm on the front of these cars is the worst arm to change. The sub frame needs to be dropped about 1 1/2" to get the bolt out, and it needs to be supported properly to avoid pulling things off the engine. Its probably a 3 hour job just for those two arms. Its only a few more hours to do the rest, it may be worth it to do it all at once. I did shocks, sway bar end links, all control arms and both axles in about 8-9 hours.

RazzB7
09-13-2012, 2:38 PM
Next time you go to a restaurant, I want you to bring in your own steak. Then I want you to ask for a severely discounted price. Think about how the cook is going to treat you and your food.

Now, apply that same logic to what you're asking here and think about how that automotive shop owner feels.