View Full Version : San Luis Obispo - shooting trip this Sat June 30

06-27-2007, 1:27 PM
I'm going to be visiting the parents homestead in SLO this weekend and I'm taking my lil bro to the shooting range by the highway (I can't remember the name of the place, its brownish red and sits off highway 1 on the way to Morro Bay.

Anyone know the range hours, the name of the range, or just want to show up and shoot? It should be fun times for all.

I'm thinking late morning/early afternoon.

Keep the peace,

06-27-2007, 1:55 PM
San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association (http://slosa.org/riflepistol/index.htm)

06-27-2007, 4:19 PM
Thanks bear, so Its looking like about 9:30am on Sat. I'll bring a few black rifles and some 9mm and 7.62x25 pistols. If any of you guys have featureless rifles I can bring some mags you can play with while I'm there.

Anyone know if they have bbq facilities on site? or if they sell food?

I usually shoot out on pregnant hill in cayucus but since its the 4th there will be campers set up right in the middle of the range.

06-27-2007, 4:34 PM
I usually shoot there on the weekends, and I believe they are open from 8am until 4pm. I don't think they have any BBQ pits on site, and I think that there may be a vending machine or something. It is a very fun range, pistols to the left and rifles on the right. They have added some new long range targets recently, and they appear to be OLL friendly.

06-27-2007, 8:38 PM
I'll be the 6'5" guy with the buzzshaved head there at 9:30am on Sat.

I'll be hard to miss, my bro will be with me and he's almost my size. I'll have at least 3 OLL featureless AR builds there you're welcome to try out, along with some assorted other stuff.

I've only shot there twice, once when I was 10 or 12 with my dad (we didn't own a gun but some guys would let a kid shoot a few rounds, It made a lasting impression on me) And once about three years back.

c'mon out guys you know you want to, I'll let you shoot up some of my ammo and play with my g17 and m11/9

06-27-2007, 8:47 PM
Wish I could meet ya out there, but I already have plans with the family. It is a nice range and they are OLL friendly. Now-a-days I get up there for the IDPA matches. I work on the Air Force base and have access to the range anytime I want. Have fun.:gunsmilie:

06-27-2007, 9:06 PM
Family first, I know how it is.

But for the rest of you callgunners (some of you from the area probably know me... I used to drive around a green 62 dodge dart) c'mon out... I've been loading magazines for the trip for almost two hours...

It's going to be alot of BANG which translates to much fun for all.