PDA

View Full Version : My USPSA Limited Gun: STI 2011

Bobby Hated
09-10-2012, 9:32 PM
I think she's finally done. It was a stock STI Edge that I had JoJo Vidanes (JVDynamics) do a bunch of stuff to, so I guess I can call it a semi-custom.

I have named her Shemika. :43:

DLC coated barrel (sent out by Glockworx)

silicone carbide grip job

undercut frame and trigger guard

1.5# trigger job

Doug Koenig Hammer

EGW stainless extended firing pin

SV ambi thumb safety

Ed Brown Beavertail pinned to frame

Dawson Precision exended mag release button drilled and tapped

Dawson Precision Fiber Optic adjustable sights

STI hi cap mag tubes

Taran Tactical Innovations basepads, springs and followers (21 rds of .40)

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/bobbyhated/IMG_1138.jpg

jcaoloveshine
09-10-2012, 9:35 PM
Holy crap...1.5lb trigger job? That takes some serious talent to pull off,

jm13690
09-10-2012, 9:35 PM
Very nice rig. Bet its a great shooter.

Oceanbob
09-10-2012, 9:36 PM
INCREDIBLE..!..wow..nice rig....thanks for sharing..!! :D

Capybara
09-10-2012, 9:38 PM
Sweet! But Shemika?!?!?! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shemika

dkthree
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice piece Bobby!

And I like the name...:)

NorCal Einstein
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM

I 2nd that. How about submitting a change of name form.

JTROKS
09-11-2012, 2:29 AM
1.5 lb on a limited gun is superb. I remember JV's sub lb trigger job on open class 1911s.

That is a sweet limited division blaster.

Bobby Hated
09-11-2012, 7:00 AM
yeah im super happy with the trigger job JoJo does. he re-did it twice too at no charge until it was just where i like it. it feels like a paintball gun its so clean.

the gun shoots better than i do, but at least now i know its entirely my fault when i screw up.

how about Sheniqua? ha ha

hkdad
09-11-2012, 8:28 AM
Nice blaster dude!

Lead Waster
09-11-2012, 9:03 AM
Don't sweat the urban dictionary thing. If you look up pretty much anybody's name it will have some offensive definition. People go on there to offend their friends and enemies by putting stupid definitions there hoping that they will somehow catch on. Go ahead and look up your own name.

Darn fine gun!!

zfields
09-11-2012, 9:08 AM
Don't sweat the urban dictionary thing. If you look up pretty much anybody's name it will have some offensive definition. People go on there to offend their friends and enemies by putting stupid definitions there hoping that they will somehow catch on. Go ahead and look up your own name.

Darn fine gun!!

Just looked up my name.

I have a large dong, am sex in a jar, and love to drink at any time of the day according to urban dictionary. Seems pretty spot on to me.

Lead Waster
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, everyone's name also has a self posting. My name means;

"person who has an EXTREMELY LARGE GIGANTIC P****
and can have sex with multiple girls at the same time."

And it also means;

"He is extremly retarded and has the smallest penis in the world and can never get a girl cause he sucks big black **** and has nothing in life to love and he is retarded with a realy realy small p****"

So the International Urban Dictionary comittee's Nobel Laureates that determine dictionary definitions are not very consistent!

:p

zfields
09-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, everyone's name also has a self posting. My name means;

"person who has an EXTREMELY LARGE GIGANTIC PENIS
and can have sex with multiple girls at the same time."

And it also means;

"He is extremly retarded and has the smallest penis in the world and can never get a girl cause he sucks big black cock and has nothing in life to love and he is retarded with a realy realy small penis"

So the International Urban Dictionary comittee's Nobel Laureates that determine dictionary definitions are not very consistent!

:p

Reported :43:

I chose to ignore those ones. Took me to the 4th page to find any negatives, I guess im just that cool.

also OP, WE NEED MORE PICTURES.

JaeOne3345
09-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I have named her Shemika. :43:

LMAO. That's a close second in me asking that dude for a poster. haha.

dc2integra
09-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Vey nice looks like a sweet shooter.

HighLander51
09-11-2012, 4:03 PM
Needs more bling! Lightning bolts, digital camo, trick paint, anodized everything....

http://www.theduke.de/content/mediabrowser/images/shop/newpix/handguns/ggw-open.jpg

I recently customized my G17L, by oiling the slide, so I don't want anyone to think we are running the same gun..... Oh yea, and these have 1.5 lb triggers also, but you have to pull it in thirds!!! See you Saturday at Norco.

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image34614.jpg

Bobby Hated
09-11-2012, 4:11 PM
LMAO. That's a close second in me asking that dude for a poster. haha.

the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice! ha ha :D

wish i could take better pictures. gonna have to have the gf do that for me one of these days.

Bobby Hated
09-11-2012, 4:15 PM
Needs more bling! Lightning bolts, digital camo, trick paint, anodized everything....

actually i may do more to it in the future. eventually i'll probably have cuts made in the slide and then DLC coat the slide, beavertail and hammer. and i might cerakote the metal part of the frame blue to match my black and blue rig.

but i think its good to go as is right now. im very happy with it.

RugerNo1
09-11-2012, 4:37 PM
More pictures needed here. HKdad has taken it over. :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=579523

Bobby Hated
09-11-2012, 8:29 PM
More pictures needed here. HKdad has taken it over. :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=579523

HKDad's collection would be a down payment on my house. :facepalm:

but im happy with my gun for <$3K

DuneShoot
09-11-2012, 8:43 PM
Very nice!

fullrearview
09-11-2012, 9:10 PM
Wow... Nice set up!

I don't EVER want to shoot a 1.5# trigger...

JeremyS
09-11-2012, 11:06 PM
That's awesome! I'd love to try the trigger on that thing haha

Mr.1904
09-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Great lookin set up

joefreas
09-14-2012, 1:32 PM
Very nice! Strong name!

So you going to come shoot it this Sat? USPSA?

Bobby Hated
09-14-2012, 8:26 PM
think im gonna try ISI at piru tomorrow. i usually go to norco but i want to give ISI a try and spend the weekend at my parents in ventura. and ill be at piru for X3 on sunday for sure.

shot it at piru tac pistol last weekend and came in 2nd in limited and 3rd overall behind 2 great shooters! ;)

Meety Peety
09-14-2012, 10:15 PM
LOL good lord man I just choked on my food.

To the OP, very nice setup, bet it shoots like a dream. I always smile when I see a 2011 stay limited.

Js3o2
09-14-2012, 10:19 PM
1.5lb trigger sounds pretty fun

Paperchasin
09-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice gun! My next gun will be an STI in .40 S&W. Just a matter of single stack vs double stack.

Lead Waster
09-14-2012, 10:30 PM

http://www.theduke.de/content/mediabrowser/images/shop/newpix/handguns/ggw-open.jpg

I must say though, that the flashiness downplays the scariness of say, your glocks. Makes them more like sports equipment. Maybe that's what we really need, so people see them as sports equipment and not deadly weapons.

Bobby Hated
09-15-2012, 6:00 AM
I must say though, that the flashiness downplays the scariness of say, your glocks. Makes them more like sports equipment. Maybe that's what we really need, so people see them as sports equipment and not deadly weapons.

i totally agree with this. thats why i have my lil black annd blue color coded holsters and mag pouches rig and try to wear a jersey alot so we look like sportsmen and not like some kinda doomsday prepper idpa tac nut.

HighLander51
09-15-2012, 6:42 AM

Glocks aren't even real guns...

hkdad
09-15-2012, 7:24 AM
Range time guys!!! See you at the range!

-Byron

JTROKS
09-20-2012, 9:03 AM
Range time guys!!! See you at the range!

-Byron

Funny my wife says more overtime instead of range time. ;):D

Oh! I just wish I can shoot every match.

HighLander51
09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
so we look like sportsmen and not like some kinda doomsday prepper idpa tac nut.

Now Bobby, they are called "Tactical Plumber's" you know, 17 time graduates of Front Sight, but whose day job is fixing toilets.

HighLander51
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Funny my wife says more overtime instead of range time. ;):D

Oh! I just wish I can shoot every match.

You can, just show up, there is a USPSA match somewhere in SoCal every Saturday and Sunday. It get's you out of domestic duty, and is still way, way cheaper than golf.