PDA

View Full Version : These are finally here! (Zastava PAP M92 pistol)

nightwolf0215
09-10-2012, 6:24 PM
The Zastava PAP M92 pistol has hit the US market. A couple weeks ago I saw 1 of them on sale. Now the first batch has come. :) Hopefully they show up in CA dealers inventory soon.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=pap

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Luu24Fxq0D0/UD5_E3p8VhI/AAAAAAAAAjI/DtXiznvQ1pU/s1600/DSC01826.JPG

jpm804
09-10-2012, 6:32 PM
I held one at Valkyrie Arms... very nice AK Pistol.

Said they got 3 in but sold 2 already and only had one left... They were asking $750 for it if anyone was interested..

I was tempted but I was in there doing a PPT which meant I was broke already =P

Capybara
09-10-2012, 7:01 PM
Man, that is a looker! Want bad. But my practical side will make me buy a VEPR in 7.62x54R instead, I already have an AR pistol.

InGrAM
09-10-2012, 7:07 PM
I would be all over that if it didn't need a BB and I could use my 30 round magazines.

Look good.

zfields
09-10-2012, 7:25 PM
I held one at Valkyrie Arms... very nice AK Pistol.

Said they got 3 in but sold 2 already and only had one left... They were asking $750 for it if anyone was interested..

I was tempted but I was in there doing a PPT which meant I was broke already =P

750? Jesus they are 500 here.

C.W.M.V.
09-10-2012, 7:29 PM
For 750 they can go suck an egg.

Quiet
09-10-2012, 7:41 PM
Decent review from another forum. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=676629)

Basic pros/cons from review...

Pros:
-Well built. On par with high end custom AK builders
-Reliable. Only 7 mags through it (210 rounds), but 0 issues what so ever
-I like the sights. The flip up front sight offers a quick sight picture for CQB type engagements
-Comes with 2 bolt-hold-open mags. Mine look brand new. With the price of mags these days that's a nice feature
-The 7.62x39 is one of the better performing rounds out of a shortened barrel (see chrono numbers below)
-No trigger slap
-26mm thread pattern offers a few aftermarket options for flash hiders/brakes
-The finish seems pretty durable thus far
-Cold hammer forged barrel (more on this below)
-Since it's a pistol, it doesn't have to go though the 922r parts swap and comes with all original factory parts

Cons:
-Barrel is not chrome lined. This is not a big deal to me but it is to many of you. I figure if I can afford to shoot out the barrel then I can afford to replace it... When I shoot corrosive ammo, I just clean it after. Again, not a big deal to me
-It's a little too tight from the factory for my liking
-The rear trunion is not a 90 degree angle; this will require a little extra work or an adaptor when SBRing it (unless using an underfolder stock). I'm in contact with www.usmachinegun.com about creating an adaptor like the one they have for the Draco (really like that one by the way). I'll report back as the process moves forward
-The serial number really is in a bad place. Since the pistol is designed for the US market and most buyers will probably SBR it they really should have picked a different location
-The wood is dirty/greasy when it shows up at your FFL. It's a simple fix but worth noting

luchador768
09-10-2012, 11:31 PM
I have one on hold at DAS. I'll pick it up in about 30 days. I had another pistol DROS started when I put down a deposit.

jpm804
09-11-2012, 5:36 PM
Just found out I could be getting one of these badboys next week from my LGS...

If your in the San Jose/ Bay Area, email MParms.com (CG vendor) for more details..

nightwolf0215
09-17-2012, 5:44 PM
I just found out Riflegear has a lot of these for sale. If you miss out on the Draco, these are much better purchase imo. 699.