PDA

View Full Version : What forend pistol grip will fit a Savage/Stevens 350 12 Gauge?

icefire
09-10-2012, 4:38 PM
I know this gun is a chinese copy of an Ithaca 37, and I found rear pistol grips for it. I'm wondering if one of the Remington, Mossberg 500, or Winchester 1300 forward pistol grip forends at Brownells can be modified to work on the Savage 350 bottom feeding 12 gauge?

Thanks.
I just bought one, and am waiting my 10 days to get it, and want to make it a home defense gun..

prc77
09-10-2012, 6:38 PM
I would not use one. The stock forend is fine.

negolien
09-11-2012, 6:32 AM
yes don't use those they tweak your bars just my opinion but /shrug.

Dozen Gauge
09-11-2012, 3:55 PM
You may have to use one of these(or similar): https://www.joitos.com/view/?5291817 and attach a rail to the bottom of the factory forend.

icefire
09-14-2012, 9:46 AM
You may have to use one of these(or similar): https://www.joitos.com/view/?5291817 and attach a rail to the bottom of the factory forend.

Thanks. I have spare vert grips, I was just wondering which version of the shotgun foregrip, if I do decide to put one on from ATI, would work better with the 2 action bars. The original Ithaca only had one. I know it might not work as well, etc. but still am curious which model would be the closest on the Stevens 350.

3006mv
09-15-2012, 9:20 AM
do a search

Choate http://www.midwayusa.com/product/177169/choate-forend-ithaca-37-composite-black

you have to cut an inlet on the RT inside of forearm to allow the other action bar to fit.

then add a picatinny rail to the bottom

icefire
09-15-2012, 9:56 AM
Thanks, I did do a search.

I know the Ithaca only had one bar, but I couldnt find any diagrams of the Stevens to find out where the two are in comparison to the one bar.

I can't pick it up til Tuesday, and just am trying to find out which of the other models I mentioned is the most similar internally.

I'm new to pump shotguns, I have AK's and pistols.

CSACANNONEER
09-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Keep it stock. Going mall ninja on it will only make it less easy to use, impossible to aim, etc. Just go shoot it in stock configuration for a while. Adding PGs to a shotgun, specially a FPG, is OK for movies and video games but that's about it. For almost any other application, they detract from the gun's abilities.

icefire
09-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I wasn't going to get into it, but the reason I'm considering going PG is that I just had shoulder impingement surgery, and am not going to be holding anything up aginst my shoulder for months, much less a 12 gauge.

So, I'm looking at firing from the hip, and thought that a pg, with a forward grip for more control, would be best for now as a home defense gun. Not all the mall ninja crap. I understand a full stock would be best if possible, but not feasible for me right now. Maybe a Choate full stock WITH PG, who knows? That might be best fro now, and still be better for later.

I'm going to shoot a couple hundred rounds thru it to become familiar, then it's going on the wall in the bedroom for defense.