PDA

View Full Version : US Firearms Co.?

hanover67
09-09-2012, 5:22 PM
I have a USFA Single Action revolver I got a while ago. It is a great gun, but I have heard the company has had problems with deliveries and is unresponsive to customers. Has anybody had any recent experience with USFA?

Bruce
10-05-2012, 2:32 AM
Well, for all intents and purposes, they've gone belly up. Seems the rich guy bankrolling the whole operation has grown tired with his toy and has pulled the plug. The company has sold off their machinery and will assemble some guns from the parts on hand, but once their gone, that's all she wrote.

jyo
10-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Sad story---and this from a company that the gun press kept insisting made the best SAAs...

John Browning
10-06-2012, 7:59 AM
I just sent a Bisley to them for repair. I had no problems. I hope they staya in business as they make the nicest SAAs out there, bar none.

44fred
10-06-2012, 8:10 AM
Get 'em while you can. I would imagine they will go up in price real fast when inventory dries up.

John Browning
10-06-2012, 8:16 AM
I just got in touch with Gary Granger. He said that they had some issues with production but are "retooling." Hopefully they stay in business, but I am not hopeful.

Edited: I just checked their website. Almost all their products are no longer listed, and the single one they list only comes in two barrel lengths. The "Ask the President" page is gone. While we have heard the rumors about USFA going under for almost 2 years, but only one product listed without the ability to buy a 7.5in barrel doesn't seem good. That sucks, because their SAAs are much nicer than Colt's and at pretty much the same price point.

44fred
10-06-2012, 8:47 AM
I'm assuming nobody stocks these. Made to order only?

John Browning
10-06-2012, 9:30 AM
I'm assuming nobody stocks these. Made to order only?

There are a few dealers that may have one in stock. You might want to call RMB Enterprises, he is listed as a dealer on the USFA site and has some in stock from time to time.

bnielsen
10-08-2012, 8:21 AM
I have a USFA sparrowhawk 327 magnum. Great gun but this thread got me a little worried. so I emailed the company to inquire about buying parts before the close up shop.
here is their response.

We just celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a sold out edition. I cannot imagine where you get the idea we are "closing".

If you need replacement components, please call and we can help you out.

Doug

I find this reassuring, don't know if you do

John Browning
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I have a USFA sparrowhawk 327 magnum. Great gun but this thread got me a little worried. so I emailed the company to inquire about buying parts before the close up shop.
here is their response.

We just celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a sold out edition. I cannot imagine where you get the idea we are "closing".

If you need replacement components, please call and we can help you out.

Doug

I find this reassuring, don't know if you do

I'm still worried. Their website is bare bones in the product category, and they only offer a very limited number of options in their single product that is still available.

I hope the craftsman restart the business, because the product is outstanding and talented labor like that is not easy to find.

They might not be "closing," but they don't give a very strong answer as to what is going on. They don't tell us how many were in their sold out edition and they never flat out come to the table and say "We made 1,000 guns last month and are back ordered for 18 months at that rate" or give any details.

They make the best SAA revolvers out there, but their business model seems to have killed them. Rather than focus on making an excellent product that was backordered, they came up with this crap:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webcontent/gallery/149/2046USFA_ShotPisol_Pair.jpg

bwiese
10-09-2012, 10:57 AM
When they produce one with a transfer-bar safety so I can safely carry 6 instead of 5, I'll look at one of their guns.