View Full Version : Shot My Mossberg For The First Time Today!

09-09-2012, 2:26 PM
It was a blast! Shot 100 rounds of birdshot through it, and 15 slugs. With it's 18.5 barrel, I was hitting clays pretty accurately (although, when they flew past around 25 yards, it was greatly harder to hit them). After shooting clays, I shot some slugs at the rifle range. Slugs are WAY different then birdshot. That is the biggest lesson I learned today.

Story behind all of this is my buddy just purchased a Rem. 870, and wanted to test it out. I purchased my Mossberg a few months ago, and never got around to shooting it. We went with a few other people to A Place To Shoot. We both shot each others guns to see the difference between the brands. I personally like the Mossberg better, and he found them equally enjoyable. The only problem I had with my Mossberg was I forgot to take out the 3 round limiter. I just removed it and look forward to the next time I take her out again.

I do plan on getting a 28" barrel in the near future. Trap is way to much fun :D

nas liw
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM
man... im picking up my mossberg today! i can't wait to shoot it as well. reading this is just getting the itch even itchier haha

I look forward to shoot some rounds soon!