PDA

View Full Version : Reccomending a .380 ACP

Skin1991
09-09-2012, 2:24 PM
I am looking to see what you guys reccomend for a good pocket sized .380 for my dad. We work together and i carry, or will be carrying a .40 when my 10 days are up. But his birthday is coming up and i wanted to get him a .380 cause he has always wanted one and looks at them everytime we go to a gun shop. Hes not picky about finish or anything like that and he doesnt prefer one brand over another he has revolvers to pheonix arms little .25 to colts. So which .380 is a good quality reliable little pocket pistol, i dont know much about them and i dont know who makes a good one. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Donkeypunch0420
09-09-2012, 2:37 PM
Ruger LCP FTW!

Skin1991
09-09-2012, 2:43 PM
Ruger LCP FTW!

My local store I go to has one but they said is LEO only, I wonder what's up with that.

Donkeypunch0420
09-09-2012, 2:56 PM
^The LCP is not on the California approved handgun roster. There are ways around this......buying one from a private seller in California, or doing a SSE (single shot exemption) through an FFL. Either way you will pay "California tax" on the gun, so the price will be inflated 50-100 bucks over what you'd pay in a free state. Still, you should be able to get away with paying about $400 for one.....not too bad.

Squidward
09-09-2012, 3:44 PM
Take a look at the Bersa Thunder .380..

bm-bill
09-09-2012, 3:48 PM
Ruger LCP

Make a trip over to Tracy Rifle and Pistol, they sell them.

Squidward
09-09-2012, 4:05 PM
Here's the thing about the LCP: There isn't much to hold on to, even with the Pierce floor plate. I have one and even in my dainty hand (a size 9 glove) I have trouble holding onto it because it is so thin. Hogue handalls may remedy this for you but I'm not a fan of them.

The LCP is a great pocket gun and it is reliable but the sights are marginal at best. Try to get a test drive before you buy. If you like the LCP but it's too small look at the LC9. A 9mm but similar to the LCP but with better sights, a nice trigger and more grip.

darmog
09-09-2012, 4:06 PM
Take a look as well at the Sig P238.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P238-Equinox-detail-hero.jpg

XDRoX
09-09-2012, 4:20 PM
Another vote for LCP.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/XDRoX619/LCP.jpg

Andric
09-09-2012, 4:24 PM

+1

Love mine, affordable & shoots great.

MIAMIbaseballer
09-09-2012, 4:24 PM
Lcp all the way

vtrigger77
09-09-2012, 4:27 PM
I love my colt mustang iv series 80

dc2integra
09-09-2012, 4:28 PM
I recommend the bersa 380 they are great guns.

bsg
09-09-2012, 4:30 PM
while not as small as some, the Sig Sauer P230/P230 SL is one to consider for purchase.

Chameleon Loco
09-09-2012, 4:31 PM
The sig p230 was the first firearm I ever shot. Before me and my dad got into guns and learning about them I remember that thing going on many range trips without a cleaning, very reliable and accurate and a small enough pistol to make a good ccw piece.

Skin1991
09-09-2012, 5:17 PM
I'll have to head out to Tracy guns and look at the ruger LCP because I know that one will fit in a pocket. Thanks for
The input guys.

BradleyAbrams
09-09-2012, 5:24 PM
WALTHER PPK/s -

Slim, Dependable, Uber-Well Made German Classic..

Most common Back-up Gun for LEOs for the past 50 years.

If it's good enough for James Bond, it's good enough for any mortal.. ;)

http://www.007museum.com/ppk2.jpghttp://www.007museum.com/ppkrh.jpg

Endorsed by Vince, The Sham-Wow guy:

" Wipe out the Opposition!"
http://www.adammulholland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/shamwow.jpg

"The WALTHER PPK/s - It's made in Germany...

You KNOW the Germans make good Stuff !"

-

MIW173
09-09-2012, 7:01 PM
I would say it all depends on what you want to spend and how you are going to carry. I have like ten or twelve 380 lets see I have LCP, Colt mustang, Bersa Thunder,S&W body guard, Kahr p380, Indain arms 380, FI 380 just like the colt, Diamondback 380,AMT backup,llama 380, PPK 380, Maybe another one or two can't remember what's in the safe. the LCP is a nice gun light small gunbut yes not the most comfortable to shot and poor sIghts and I don't like the trigger the most but can't beat the size and wieght. My favorite one would be the Colt mustang feels the best in your hands shoots the smoothes has good sights only thing a little heavy compared to the newer guns. So if looking for lighter but still comfort I would go with either the Kahr or Diamondback Kahr is Ca legal and easier to find but cost more but a very light and smooth gun to shoot a little hard to rack before its broke in but after 500 rounds it's better. And the Diamondback if u can find a off roster one it's a good gun to go with to but a lot harder to find so I would so pay the
Little extra and get the Kahr you will be happy hope this helps, summitx2

geedavell
09-09-2012, 7:12 PM
+1 on the Mustang.
Great little "wallet" size gun

anymoose
09-09-2012, 7:20 PM
i just picked up a beretta cheetah (84f) and i love the gun. i never thought i would own such a small caliber (other than .22) but i got a good deal on it and couldnt pass. it feels really good in the hand and is satisfyingly accurate. i also have always hated da/sa, but this wasnt too bad, i like the trigger on the beretta much better than my dads sig 238.

(not mine, but identical)
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Beretta84L1.jpg

1911man
09-09-2012, 7:42 PM
Ditto on the beretta a great gun!

xbimmers
09-09-2012, 7:47 PM
When I think .380 I think Sig Saur P232 SL. These have a stainless steel frame as opposed to an alloy frame. Very strong and great quality.

dpop24
09-09-2012, 8:22 PM
You said pocket pistol so I feel that puts the Beretta 84, Walther, and Bersa on the big side for that purpose. For small pocket carry, I vote for the Sig P238 or the Kahr p380. Picking up my P238 from jail next week!

Inverted
09-09-2012, 8:37 PM
Bersa Thunder .380 is by far the best bang for the buck .380 out there. Dead accurate, cheap, well built, pretty fun to shoot but snappy. I totally recommend mine.

xgi1991
09-09-2012, 8:44 PM
Makarov in .380, great pistol

CapnHawk
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I love my colt mustang iv series 80

I second that!

Luv1911's
09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I have the Kahr P380 with about 350 rounds through it. Nice shooting gun once you put about 250 rounds through it which I guess is typical of the Kahr pistols. In fact the manual states that the gun isn't considered reliable until until 200 to 250 rounds are shot through it. The gun is small and light with better sights and trigger than most pocket pistols out there.

Tiberius
09-09-2012, 11:31 PM
The Sig P238 and Kahr P380 are probably the nicest pocket pocket guns of those mentioned above.

The LCP is very popular, but as noted has some drawbacks - for one, the sights on it aren't the greatest. The Bersa Thunder is a nice gun and can be pocket carried, but many consider it too big. Same for the Sig 232/230 - great gun, but maybe too big for a pocket.

The Ruger LC9 is, I think, just a bit smaller than the Bersa Thunder, and shoots the more powerful (and more affordable) 9 mm. If you're willing to go that big, it might be a consideration. Or the M&P Shield - but you're getting beyond pocket-land. There's also a web site, mouseguns.com, that does comparisons.

InGrAM
09-09-2012, 11:34 PM
You said "pocket" so I said LCP, Kahr, SIG 238, Kel-Tec 3AT, etc..

Red Devil
09-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I would recommend...

...skippin' the .380 all together. (unless you just plan to be shooin' cats)

S&W M&P Shield in 9mm w/ a good 124/147 gr. load like HST is a story worth havin'.

SIGman Freud
09-10-2012, 12:55 AM
I just shot my Bersa Thunder 380 at the range on Sat after not having shot it in about 2 years. I forgot how sweet a shooter is and how well the trigger is!

Skin1991
09-10-2012, 1:07 AM
I would recommend...

S&W M&P Shield in 9mm w/ a good 124/147 gr. load like HST is a story worth havin'.

It's for my dad he wants a pocket pal, I carry a .40 with hollw points. So I have quite a few reccomendations to look at so thank you for all the input.

Donk310
09-10-2012, 2:05 AM

Picking this one up in two days. My first .380 :D Been storing ammo for it for over two years now.

psango
09-10-2012, 3:34 AM
I would recommend that you look at www.mouseguns.com for a detailed comparison of pocket guns.

Today I use 4 pocket guns:
1. Kahr PM-9 9mm, easy to cary and conceal, fits my pocket better than my 380.

2. S&W model 37 .38 spcl. lightweight, very reliable, easy to conceal, fits in my pocket well.

3. Seecamp .32: Ultimate small pocket gun, with +p ammo, fits in pocket on almost any clothing style. Very well made, and reliable.

4. Sig P230 alloy frame. .380 (details bellow)

I carried a .380 for many years because pocket guns in larger calibers were not readily available 25 years ago. I've owned the following 380's I moved to a larger caliber for daily carry but sill own my Sig p230.

My 380 experience (guns I've owned and shot):
Walther PPK/PPKs: beautifully made reliable, but uncomfortable to carry and shoot. Slide has tendency to bite large hands, steel or stainless steel is heavy for its's size making not so fun to carry as a pocket gun

Sig P232 Alloy frame: Similar design to Walther, beautiful construction, very reliable, a little more ergonomic, easy to shoot. and carry, much lighter than all Stainless version of P232 or Walther. Fits in my pocket. This was my main CCW for many years.

Beretta 84/85 series: Very high quality construction, a little longer than Sig or Walther, alloy frame makes it light, easy to shoot, slide mounted higher not likely to bite web of hand. Little to large for pocket cary IMO.

Ruger LCP: Very light weight, easy to conceal in pocket, low price, accurate and reliable, not a lot of fun to shoot.

PS: James Bond carries a PPK in .32 7.65mm not .380.

MIAMIbaseballer
09-10-2012, 5:12 AM
I would recommend that you look at www.mouseguns.com for a detailed comparison of pocket guns.

Today I use 4 pocket guns:
1. Kahr PM-9 9mm, easy to cary and conceal, fits my pocket better than my 380.

2. S&W model 37 .38 spcl. lightweight, very reliable, easy to conceal, fits in my pocket well.

3. Seecamp .32: Ultimate small pocket gun, with +p ammo, fits in pocket on almost any clothing style. Very well made, and reliable.

4. Sig P230 alloy frame. .380 (details bellow)

I carried a .380 for many years because pocket guns in larger calibers were not readily available 25 years ago. I've owned the following 380's I moved to a larger caliber for daily carry but sill own my Sig p230.

My 380 experience (guns I've owned and shot):
Walther PPK/PPKs: beautifully made reliable, but uncomfortable to carry and shoot. Slide has tendency to bite large hands, steel or stainless steel is heavy for its's size making not so fun to carry as a pocket gun

Sig P232 Alloy frame: Similar design to Walther, beautiful construction, very reliable, a little more ergonomic, easy to shoot. and carry, much lighter than all Stainless version of P232 or Walther. Fits in my pocket. This was my main CCW for many years.

Beretta 84/85 series: Very high quality construction, a little longer than Sig or Walther, alloy frame makes it light, easy to shoot, slide mounted higher not likely to bite web of hand. Little to large for pocket cary IMO.

Ruger LCP: Very light weight, easy to conceal in pocket, low price, accurate and reliable, not a lot of fun to shoot.

PS: James Bond carries a PPK in .32 7.65mm not .380.

I think my LCP is my "most fun" gun to shoot. I like the long trigger especially when it's bouncing in my pocket, and I like the "hard to see" sights. The LCP is a true pocket gun. It's for up close and dirty. You will never aim with that gun, it's point and shoot gun. And it makes for a hell of a good time when you're training with it. The LCP has everything you need for a pocket gun and nothing you don't. That's why it's $300 otd

liberty47
09-10-2012, 6:53 AM
+1 for the Bersa

morrcarr67
09-10-2012, 6:58 AM
I like my S&W Bodyguard.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i461/morrcarr67/101_2007.jpg

rjpsb1
09-10-2012, 5:05 PM
In .380 I only have experience with the Sig P238, but I love it. I'm sure I'd love the Beretta too given how much I like my 92FS.

Sheperd80
09-10-2012, 5:43 PM
+1

Love mine, affordable & shoots great.

Yep bersa thunder! Amazing gun for the price. I dare say its better than its father the walther ppk. Ive shot a few and they run great and very accurate. Only drawback as a ccw would be the weight. But its negligible.

psango
09-10-2012, 6:15 PM
I think my LCP is my "most fun" gun to shoot. I like the long trigger especially when it's bouncing in my pocket, and I like the "hard to see" sights. The LCP is a true pocket gun. It's for up close and dirty. You will never aim with that gun, it's point and shoot gun. And it makes for a hell of a good time when you're training with it. The LCP has everything you need for a pocket gun and nothing you don't. That's why it's $300 otd

I guess it's not a lot of fun to shoot for me. My hands hurt all the time from arthritis and comparing it to the Sig and larger pistols it's less fun for me to shoot. Not saying it's a bad gun.

He said it was for his dad I figured he's old like me.

dangerranger
09-10-2012, 7:24 PM
What He said! I also have hand and grip problems. So I stay away from the smallest pocket guns. I have a Bersa in 380, and an Italian PP copy in 32auto. both are about the same size but I like the 32 better. it returns back to the target quicker. both are a little big for pocket carry. But with the right pants it works. the larger size makes it so much easier to shoot that Ill never get another sub compact again. DR

creepyoldgamer
09-10-2012, 7:34 PM
+1 on the Bersa Thunder. Mine has been reliable and fun.

gunprofit
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I know we are all believers in the 2nd amendment but the LCP is not on the list and to thumb your nose at the DOJ and get one via the SSE is very risky. I have spoken to DOJ agents and they have told me that they intend to close down SSE dealers. And they are yet to decide what to do with buyers of SSE guns. I know I don't want a knock at my door some day because I bought a LCP. Or a boot kicking downing my door. Especially when I can buy something that is on the list such as a Kahr 380 with no risk.

gunprofit
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Personally, I would rather have a 38 special air weight. Much more effective.

steve91104
09-10-2012, 11:25 PM
If you're considering a .380 why not go for a 9x18 like a P-64 or a Makarov?

Shapes And Colors
09-11-2012, 2:24 AM
I know we are all believers in the 2nd amendment but the LCP is not on the list and to thumb your nose at the DOJ and get one via the SSE is very risky. I have spoken to DOJ agents and they have told me that they intend to close down SSE dealers. And they are yet to decide what to do with buyers of SSE guns. I know I don't want a knock at my door some day because I bought a LCP. Or a boot kicking downing my door. Especially when I can buy something that is on the list such as a Kahr 380 with no risk.

Seriously? You do realize that off roster guns are not illegal to own, right? If you've got boots kicking your door in for a legally owned firearm, SSE sales are the last thing you need to worry about.

gunprofit
09-11-2012, 9:15 AM
Off roster guns are not illegal to own? Ok, you will have to explain that one to me. I'm not sure what you mean.

To my understanding if the firearm is not on the roster, then it's pretty simple, you can't purchase it. If a dealer converts it to a SSE and sells it to you, then you convert it back to a semi-auto, you have just done many things that are supposedly illegal in this state. The DOJ agents that I spoke with have said the same. Their intentions are to shut down dealers who are doing this and perhaps go even further and seek out the buyers of SSE pistols since they were also involved in this illegal transaction according to the agents. Again, I am not agreeing with them. I am just telling you what they have told me are their intentions. I would rather not get myself involved in such a grey area especially when their are so many other good choices out there. To me, it doesn't make sense to take that kind of unnecessary risk.

If you want to explain your point of view on this, I am all ears.

morrcarr67
09-11-2012, 9:50 AM
Gunprofit - I'm on my phone so it will be hard to post links but here you go.

If you go to the doj's website and click in the link that will take you to the roster page you will see that at the very top they tell you that there are sales that are exempt and guns that are exempt from the roster. PPT sales are exempt as are all C&R guns.

Not listed in that opening statement but are listed in CA PC's are other guns and transactions that are exempt from the roster.

morrcarr67
09-11-2012, 9:56 AM
Sorry phone giving me hard time.

Two of the exemptions are for pistols and revolvers of certain design. Those are Single Shot Pistols the meet minimum dimensional requirements and Single Action Revolvers that meet minimum dimensional requirements.

All dealers are doing is making sure that these firearms comply with CA laws as written to be able to sell them.

hundreddollarman
09-11-2012, 11:58 AM
+1 for the Bersa Thunder 380. Had a chance to grip and shoot one today and it was like shooting a .22. My LGS had a Bersa Breast Cancer Awareness kit (http://www.bersa.com/kits.html) for sale, lol.

robcoe
09-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I am looking to see what you guys reccomend for a good pocket sized .380 for my dad. We work together and i carry, or will be carrying a .40 when my 10 days are up. But his birthday is coming up and i wanted to get him a .380 cause he has always wanted one and looks at them everytime we go to a gun shop. Hes not picky about finish or anything like that and he doesnt prefer one brand over another he has revolvers to pheonix arms little .25 to colts. So which .380 is a good quality reliable little pocket pistol, i dont know much about them and i dont know who makes a good one. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

The only 2 I have experience with are the Bersa and the Sig 232, I would take the Sig if the extra money isn't a problem.

robcoe
09-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Yea, and they are going to close down off list lowers in 2 weeks.

Big Ben
09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I have a Bersa 380, and while I can and do pocket carry it, it's a tad too big, and too heavy for my tastes.

I just picked up a Diamondback 380 and love it. Similar in size to the LCP and Kahr, it's much more fun to shoot than the LCP, and cheaper than the Kahr. But it's off-roster, so you need to track down a shop that will do a single shot exemption for you. I can refer you to a shop in Sacramento, but don't know of any in the Bay Area.

I posted a review of the Diamondback a few weeks back. See it here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=613761

Squid
09-11-2012, 1:09 PM
mostly because 380 costs more and is less common.

But to me the Bersa is one of those "can't afford not to" must have guns everyone needs, especially at the price.

If a 1911 is a Harley, the Bersa is a classic BWM boxer.

Skin1991
09-11-2012, 1:18 PM
Lots of choices haha sounds like you really can go wrong with any of them in particular drowning on how you plan to carry.

Inverted
09-11-2012, 4:10 PM
mostly because 380 costs more and is less common.

But to me the Bersa is one of those "can't afford not to" must have guns everyone needs, especially at the price.

If a 1911 is a Harley, the Bersa is a classic BWM boxer.

Agreed. I don't think you will find a better bang for the buck .380.

Here is mine in all nickel:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2567j91.jpg

Big Ben
09-11-2012, 4:37 PM
Inverted - I like those grips. Where did you find them?

oddjob
09-11-2012, 5:52 PM
I carry a Sig P238 in a pocket holster. I used to carry a Walther PPK .380. I think the Walther is a great pocket gun. But with today's technology a smaller and lighter .380 is the way to go. Walther PPK is about 22oz and the Sig P238 is 15.5 oz. Big difference.

I have felt the S&W Bodyguard and shot the LCP. Both are fine guns. A lot of the local officers carry the LCP in the summer time. I wouldn't worry about the sights too much. Pocket guns are truly "belly guns".

I would make sure your father is comfortable with the trigger system (single action, double action only ,double/single action & etc) and then narrow the choice from there.

I know the OP didn't ask, but just as a FYI.....I carry 95 grain W-W ball ammo.

stix213
09-11-2012, 6:50 PM

This ^^^

Mine is not on the roster, but they now make an on roster version for CA.

I own an LCP, but frankly I hate it. The super long trigger pull would be hard to keep on target under pressure, same with my Keltec PF-9 which is a kinda similar gun in 9mm. The Sig P238 has a really nice single action trigger compared to the competition, and is really easy to stay on target for such a small pocket pistol.

Plus it comes with factory night sights! How cool is that?

hybridkarpower
09-11-2012, 9:58 PM
Makarov would be my top choice, but many would probably disagree here. It is (1) Time proven & super reliable, (2) cheap & simple, (3) the round itself is way meaner than the 380 ACP.

It is ugly & a bit crude judging by modern day standard, but if you're after a reliable time proven piece that goes bang everytime, seriously consider it.

Steve-O
09-12-2012, 6:53 AM
I would recommend...

I have to agree with the above, mostly because 9mm is cheaper and there is a greater variety of ammo. I have a Kahr PM9, and I can't imagine that .380 would be much easier to carry.

rick1062
09-12-2012, 4:12 PM
I am looking to see what you guys reccomend for a good pocket sized .380 for my dad. We work together and i carry, or will be carrying a .40 when my 10 days are up. But his birthday is coming up and i wanted to get him a .380 cause he has always wanted one and looks at them everytime we go to a gun shop. So which .380 is a good quality reliable little pocket pistol.

I have a real nice Walther PPKS .380 I would like to sell quickly, if you are intrested. Includes original box, manual, warranty and factory target. Also includes CC holster and a soft carrying case and nice wooden grips, as well as the factory grips and two boxes of ammo. $425, I'm in Ventura County.

Reply if intrested,

Rick

kylemurdoc
09-12-2012, 4:23 PM
Sig P238, you can buy one through single shot exemption.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692&highlight=single+shot

m98
09-12-2012, 4:37 PM

This^^^or the colt mk 380 series if he likes the looks of 1911's. These two will probably be the most accurate of most 380 pistols due to good single action triggers instead of the dao ruger lcp type.

BigDogatPlay
09-12-2012, 11:16 PM
while not as small as some, the Sig Sauer P230/P230 SL is one to consider for purchase.

+1

Not a pocket gun, but Sig's inherent reliability and accuracy more than make up. I carried a P230 as a backup gun for several years.

phrogg111
09-13-2012, 12:43 AM

This gun is, hands down, the best pocket gun I've ever fired.

In fact, I have mine in my pocket right now, lol. Picked mine up in Texas for $500 used from a really good guy who hooked me up.

Very, very accurate - was hitting head-sized targets at 15 yards with my shooting. With the pocket holster, it's completely unrecognizable as a gun. I carry it around my house all the time, and my family/friends have never noticed it.

I also own a Kel-Tec P11 - far too big for pocket carry, and the trigger pull is horrendous. It is easy to manage recoil when squeezing a trigger so hard, but jeez - the pull on mine is like 12 pounds. I can hit targets just fine with it, but I'm a big guy with big arms. Between that and the size, it doesn't even compare - my Sig P238 is going on my CHL over my P11.

Also, I found 7 round factory magazines with a finger extension for $30 or $40 at Academy in Texas. The 6 round factory one cost me like $55 from the military PX, who had a price guarantee over everyone else. Expensive little things. Anyway, I carry the 6 rounder in the gun and a 7 rounder as a reload - 14 shots, not too shabby.

ArmedArtist
09-13-2012, 11:16 AM
My Bersa .380 was the first gun I ever bought. I didn't know anything about pistols at the time. I just knew I had a budget and I wanted the biggest bullet I could get. Ended up seeing the Bersa at a gunshow in Del Mar and getting it. Ive had it for the last 12 years and probably shot thousands of rounds through it. I love it. I am really accurate with it. Last time I went shooting I put a steel target about 80-90 yards away and could hit it with the .380

I also liked the safety features it offers. Will not shoot when the mag is out and also has a decocker and regular safety. Back then some of those features seemed important.
I think for the price and how well its put up through the years its a great gun.

Muleskinner
09-14-2012, 9:23 PM
For lightweight compact pocket carry try an lcp. I have the Impact guns extension on my second magazine for better grip and adds one more round to the capacity. Not your favorite range gun but easy to conceal.

bombadillo
09-14-2012, 9:30 PM
Kahr .380acp. Little bitty guy that can be pocket carried if needed.

PEZHEAD265
09-15-2012, 6:46 AM
WALTHER PPK/s -

Slim, Dependable, Uber-Well Made German Classic..

Most common Back-up Gun for LEOs for the past 50 years.

If it's good enough for James Bond, it's good enough for any mortal.. ;)

http://www.007museum.com/ppk2.jpghttp://www.007museum.com/ppkrh.jpg

Endorsed by Vince, The Sham-Wow guy:

" Wipe out the Opposition!"
http://www.adammulholland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/shamwow.jpg

"The WALTHER PPK/s - It's made in Germany...

You KNOW the Germans make good Stuff !"

-

James Bond had a 32 cal. not a 380.

PEZHEAD265
09-15-2012, 6:54 AM
Makarov would be my top choice, but many would probably disagree here. It is (1) Time proven & super reliable, (2) cheap & simple, (3) the round itself is way meaner than the 380 ACP.

It is ugly & a bit crude judging by modern day standard, but if you're after a reliable time proven piece that goes bang everytime, seriously consider it.

The Mac is kinda big and heavy for a pocket size gun being all steel.The Feg 63 or the P64 with a spring kit are better choices.They shoot the 9x18 but they are not macarovs.