PDA

View Full Version : Recommend any Glock Sights?

INFAMOUS762X39
09-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I have a Glock 19, more of a beater HD/Range gun. I have roughly 100-130$ for some nice Night Sights.

I am thinking about XS Sights Big Dot, I like them because well I can install them myself. Great for self defense, but for the Range I am not so sure at the moment.

Also looking at Trijicon HD and maybe Heinie 8's, only down-side is that it is recommended that I take it to a GunSmith to install it.

Any Advice/Pictures would help greatly! Thanks!

Trakker
09-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Dawson fibers with adjustable rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighLander51
09-09-2012, 11:15 AM
For HD or carry, night sights. For range/competition, fiber optic fronts.

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image35447.jpg

CK_32
09-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Factory nights

Trigicon

HighLander51
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Also looking at Trijicon HD and maybe Heinie 8's, only down-side is that it is recommended that I take it to a GunSmith to install it.

Come to Norco on any Saturday and I will install them free. Only takes like 4 minutes.

ElDub1950
09-09-2012, 11:22 AM
I have Trijicon TFOs on 2 of mine. They're great in any light condition. I had tried a couple others but although they were ok in daylight and ok in the dark they basically disappeared in dim light like heavy shade or indoors with out bright lighting.

DRAB_81
09-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Sevigny Competition sights (.115" wide front) on G20SF. I have the Sevigny Carry's on all my other Glocks (except the G20LS) & the only difference is the Carry rear is dehorned. This is pretty much exactly what I see when I shoot any one of my Glocks.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/SevignySightPicture.jpg

Dawson Adjustable rear, DP .100" wide front on my 6" G20LS:
(sorry, I couldn't get them lined up properly)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/G20LSSightPicture-1.jpg

cindynles
09-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I like TruGlo TFO's. You get night sights and Fiber Optic together. They are very easy to see.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/cindynles/IMG_0877.jpg

Shenaniguns
09-09-2012, 12:25 PM
After a dozen or so sight platforms, I prefer the Ameriglo C.A.P.'s

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad251/SShenaniguns/IMG_20120721_112107.jpg

t0kie
09-09-2012, 12:39 PM
10-8 Performance.

MMMMATT
09-09-2012, 2:47 PM
I have a G19 with Ameriglo CAP sights. But I want a rear night sight too for a 2 dot setup. Is it possible for me to just buy a I Dot rear night sight and match it with the front CAP sight?

Or should I buy a complete I DOT set?

uxo2
09-09-2012, 2:52 PM
XS for DEFENSE or RANGE

enzo357
09-09-2012, 3:33 PM
Dawson precision. Give them a call. Great customer service. Fiber optic front and adjustable rear.

.45 ftw!
09-09-2012, 3:33 PM
I'm happy with TruGlo TFOs on my 21

Squidward
09-09-2012, 4:55 PM
Fiber Optic and standard XS sights are great in daylight. Not so much in darkness, even if a flashlight is attached. XS sights, once you get acclimated to them, are fine for both HD and the range. XS also makes the 24/7 which is a night sight.

Night sights are better all around IMO. I prefer Trijicon, which what I've always used. Take a look at the Trijicon HD sights which offer contrasting colors.

For comparative information only you may find this article interesting:
http://pistol-training.com/archives/2140

HighLander51
09-09-2012, 4:59 PM
After a dozen or so sight platforms, I prefer the Ameriglo C.A.P.'s

What division are you running in USPSA?

Shenaniguns
09-09-2012, 5:00 PM
I have a G19 with Ameriglo CAP sights. But I want a rear night sight too for a 2 dot setup. Is it possible for me to just buy a I Dot rear night sight and match it with the front CAP sight?

Or should I buy a complete I DOT set?

Call Ameriglo and ask for a matching rear sight, I do not like a dot in the rear as it can be distracting to me. I prefer it the way it is.

Shenaniguns
09-09-2012, 5:03 PM
What division are you running in USPSA?

Is USPSA the only standard that matters to you? You should be on BENOS type forums that concentrate on USPSA.

HighLander51
09-09-2012, 5:09 PM
Is USPSA the only standard that matters to you? You should be on BENOS type forums that concentrate on USPSA.

So you don't shoot USPSA? or IDPA? or Steel Challenge? Yes, USPSA is the only standard, it's not just a test, it's the only test. Shooting from a bench at at static target only tells you the gun works, that's all.

It's BrianEnos.com, by the way. One of the greatest competitive shooters on the planet. And that forum is about all competitive shooting, not just USPSA. And yes, I hang out there, but I guess you don't.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
09-09-2012, 5:12 PM
You should be able to find a set of Trijicon TFOs under your target price. They will work well for both HD and competition, I use them for both.

Shenaniguns
09-09-2012, 5:23 PM
So you dont shoot USPSA? or IDPA? or Steel Challenge? Yes, USPSA is the only standard, it's not just a test, it's the only test. Shooting from a bench at at static target only tells you the gun works, that's all.

It's BrianEnos.com, by the way. One of the greatest competitive shooters on the planet. And that forum is about all competitive shooting, not just USPSA. And yes, I hang out there, but I guess you don't.

I love how you came out of left field with your nonsense...
BENOS is what many call his forum for short, not my fault you don't know that. Though I shouldn't expect much from someone that took over a year to learn how to quote on a forum.
I don't shoot handguns from a bench so your age may be getting to you.
I told you not long ago that I don't have time to waste a full day competing since there are too many shooters at my local matches. I do shoot steel, use a timer and concentrate on my carry setup primarily which is IWB from under a shirt.
Competing looks like a blast but my priorities don't match with the time allotted.
Thanks for your concern though Mr. Only Competition matters elitist.

HighLander51
09-09-2012, 5:42 PM
I do shoot steel, use a timer and concentrate on my carry setup primarily which is IWB from under a shirt.
Competing looks like a blast but my priorities don't match with the time allotted.
Thanks for your concern though Mr. Only Competition matters elitist.

You could be the next Grand Master, but you'll never know, will you?

Shenaniguns
09-09-2012, 5:49 PM
You could be the next Grand Master, but you'll never know, will you?

Being a great father and husband matters more than a classification. When my son is older and my family can enjoy it with me I may get into it, for now I stay proficient for concealed carry and self defense which is the #1 reason I own a firearm.

stormvet
09-09-2012, 6:03 PM
Tons of good sights for Glocks, look at them all pick what you like best they all work well. All can be installed at home with a vice hammer and punch.
I have Dawson's, Triji HD, TFO'S, Truglo nights and William's firesights on mine. All self installed. For carry I recommend the Triji HD's for the range Dawson's.

scootle
09-10-2012, 1:47 AM
Another vote for Ameriglo I-dot Pro... the price is right and their customer service is superb.

INFAMOUS762X39
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone, you guys made it hard for me to make a decision! Still doing my homework at the moment.

SA227driver
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I'd go with XS standard dot night sights for the G19. Big Dot is a little too much.

tbhracing
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I am super loyal to Trijicon on my two Glocks- 17 and 26.

Oceanbob
09-10-2012, 4:43 PM
Just about all the the night sights availabe are good.

For my eyes (which are not as good as they used to be....hahaha:rolleyes:)

I prefer Truglo Tritium/fiber optic sights. These are combo sights that really stand out day or night.

They even light up with a simple overhead light indoor. At night the tritium takes over and their as good as anything I've seen.

About 100 bucks.

I bought mine here:

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/4_Sights+and+Lasers/7465_Truglo+TritiumFiber+Optic+Sights/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D4%26_Sights %2Band%2BLasers%2F

Here is what they glow like inside with just an overhead light. You did specify night sights.

http://i52.tinypic.com/wvd6s3.jpg

RoundEye
09-10-2012, 4:52 PM
If you're just looking for night sights, then I would go with GLOCK factory. The fit the best since they're "factpry" and they have the best illumination warranty at 12 years.

If you want a combo (FO/Tritium Sight) then TruGlo TFOs for sure. They're a little bigger than most sights on the markets, but they'll glow during the day and at night. They're also hooded so from the business end you cannot see the FO tubes. They also come is green or orange/green (I wish they found a radioactive isotope that would glow red as I love the red front).

For competition everyone loves a black rear with a red FO front.

As some food for thought there was a guy running XS Big Dots at the last IDPA match I attended and although target acquisition and sight pick up were quick, at distance his marksmanship suffered.

FUBAR
09-10-2012, 6:29 PM
If your gonna do the XS sight system, get the BIG Dot. the point of that particular sighting system is to get that front sight on target as quickly as possible. The XS Standard sight is no more quicker than any other sighting system. Shooting at distance with the XS is challenging but possible. I like the Big Dot sights on sub compacts like the G26/27. On everything else, I run Trijicon Night Sights. It ain't fancy but it works.

tal3nt
09-10-2012, 7:41 PM
Other than "they're plastic", what's so bad about the factory sights??

tbc
09-10-2012, 7:47 PM

The white U-shape... It screwed up sight alignment.

Just my personal experience.

Socal858
09-10-2012, 7:49 PM
i have a set of trijicon green front yellow rear sights on mine, i love em

RoundEye
09-10-2012, 7:55 PM

They're also not "night sights".

tal3nt
09-10-2012, 8:28 PM
Ah yes silly worthless day sights..