View Full Version : New Shotgun...Stoeger M2000 or Mossbberg 930 JM

09-08-2012, 1:37 PM
please chime in..looking for reliability,but i'm not a 3 gunner,just occasional shooter, Had a M2 but had to sell it..Don't need a high dollar Benelli and to tell the truth,never caught on to the sights..i kinda like just a front bead type shotgun..Anyone own anyone of these?? Likes?? Dislikes?? Thanks to all who respond

09-08-2012, 4:10 PM
Hi Reddot, I know you are asking about autoloaders. But one of these is always a good choice:

Here is a great price on one with Free Shipping!

Take care,

09-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've held both and they feel good, but I've heard more positive reviews on the mossberg than the stoeger. With the stoeger it needs a considerable break-in period with heavy loads until it can shoot lighter loads reliably. From what I've heard with the mossberg is that it simply works. The mossberg is a gas operated, which will need more cleaning than the stoeger inertia driven bolt.

09-09-2012, 9:07 AM
I have no personal experience with the Stoeger however, a gunshop owner whose opinion I respect greatly said Don't buy it. He called it a very poor clone of the Benelli M1 Super-90--Very unreliable
I went with the 930 SPX and haven't regretted it at all. The SPX hasn't missed a beat

09-09-2012, 9:34 AM
I have a SPX as well and love everything but the sights, I understand wanting a bead sight. The stoger is as good as the Turkish QC inspector of the day. They have a solid design but also have issues due to the way it cycles each round. Like with other recoil operated guns it's reliability is affected by how and what you shoot. When my bud shoots my Glock it fails to eject from time to time. He holds it limp wristed, the Stoeger is the same way with reliability. The Mossberg is a gas operated system and will work at the hip or the shoulder the same.
I would go Mossberg...

09-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I have a Stoeger over/under, I know it's not a semi but still, the quality is just crap. I'd go with the Mossy, I've never heard a single complaint about the 930's. Plus, after market parts are more readily available for the 930

09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
That 930 is becoming quite the weapon. I've heard almost all good about it and would go for it on the reputation and warranty alone.