PDA

View Full Version : Dis-assembly of a Ruger P89 Mag?

santi
09-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi, new here. I'm sure that it's quite easy, but I don't know how to do it. A google search did not turn up the answer, although it did show a P95 mag dis-assembly, I'm sure this one is quite similar. Thanks in advance. I also have an after-market RAM magazine for the same pistol, if anyone knows how to take that one apart.

P.S. The Ruger and magazines are pre-ban high cap; if I take them apart I can legally sell them as kits? And I assume there's no legal problem with shipping them to an out-of-state buyer?

delta9
09-08-2012, 10:45 AM
On the baseplate there is a button - stick a ballpoint pen or tip of a philips screwdriver in it and then you can slide out the baseplate and the spring and follower will come out.

santi
09-08-2012, 3:19 PM
On the baseplate there is a button - stick a ballpoint pen or tip of a philips screwdriver in it and then you can slide out the baseplate and the spring and follower will come out.
Thanks much.

Fishslayer
09-08-2012, 4:58 PM
Wear eye pro & be VERY careful sliding the baseplate off. Those springs can launch a good distance.

Pay attention how the spring is oriented. On some magazines it is possible to assemble with the spring upside down. Then it no workee.