PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy of Various .22lr Ammunition

Izzy43
09-07-2012, 7:42 PM
For those interested in accuracy testing of a large selection of ammo you may find this interesting.

http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

To view the actual targets, look here.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8711043/m/9871088921

Maltese Falcon
09-07-2012, 7:54 PM
Yikes, that is the most comprehensive list I have ever seen.

Thanks for the link.

kouye
09-07-2012, 8:44 PM
Nice. No Federal AutoMatch? Where do you think it would fall?

rabagley
09-07-2012, 9:48 PM
They don't have Wolf Match Target (Eley Primer) either, which I had heard of as an excellent budget match ammo.

khw9mm
09-07-2012, 10:33 PM
They don't have Wolf Match Target (Eley Primer) either, which I had heard of as an excellent budget match ammo.

That's what I was looking for too. I've had great results with Wolf MT.

bloodhawke83
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Where would cci ar tactical place?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brassburnz
09-07-2012, 11:10 PM
+1 on Wolf Match Target not being on the list. Also missing is Aguila SE which I find to be very consistent and very accurate for the price. I've done some testing of my own using a variety of high and low end Eley, RWS, Lapua, Winchester T22, CCI Standard Velocity, Federal 911, and Remington Target.

Izzy43
09-08-2012, 7:00 AM
SK Standard is on the list which is the same ammo as Wolf MT so those results would mirror the Wolf ammo. I am surprised however that the SK Standard did so poorly. Guess it shows that not all ammo shoots the same in all rifles. Perhaps other ammo was tested but did so poorly that the results were not listed. I would like to have seen Aguila Match Rifle, Aguila Target and Aguila Pistol Match results but guess the guy couldn't test everything.

Also surprising to me was that some inexpensive ammo made the list and performed pretty well compared to the higher priced ammo, ex: Eley Sport and CCI Standard Velocity.

glockman19
09-08-2012, 7:12 AM
Yikes, that is the most comprehensive list I have ever seen.

Thanks for the link.

YES!!! Great Link.

Thanks.

I have a Ruger 10/22, Ruger MkIII Hunter, Marlin 981t and Glock and 1911 conversion kits.

Like the article says, All firearms shoot all ammunition differently. Mine happen to like CCI, both standard and Mini-mag's.

Now I may have to test some of the Eley and Lapua. :)

fishnbeer
09-08-2012, 7:15 AM
i will have to give that Eley match a try...

covingtonhouse
09-08-2012, 8:31 AM
This link was my inspiration for ammo testing when I bought my Savage mkII BV. Some of the ammo brands/types are not made anymore or are not readily available in the US
From what I understand, the guy thar did the testing is in the middle east somewhere and has his own personal range set up under his house or something. Very comprehensive test, and while my results didn't come close due to equipment setups, I found it a good place to start when ordering ammo. The CCI AR " tactical" hadn't been released when this test was done. If ammo is anything like other consumer products there are different offerings based on where you are in the world by the same manufacturer. It may be the same ammo just relabelled also.
Due to this list I found my rifle likes Lapua midas+, Eley tenex, and RWS R50 a lot. Just can't afford to shoot it regularly.