PDA

View Full Version : CZ SP-01 Length of Waiting List in Cali??

SdBoltz
09-07-2012, 1:09 PM
Howdy Gentleman,

I'm sure gun dealers often frequent this site so I'm hoping one or two may cross this thread with some good info...

Just curious as to what the average turn around time you guys are seeing on SP-01's 9mm. I paid mine off 5 months ago at Turners and still I just a get a "Not in, No ETA" answer each time I call once a month.

I'm not asking anyone to be able to predict the future but is there a general 3-6 month / 6-10 month etc. wait time you guys are experiencing on these waiting lists?

lordres
09-07-2012, 1:28 PM
I walked into Bain and Davis 2 months ago and picked one up out of the display case. Not sure if reserving is a great idea with Turners...

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 1:56 PM
Yeah shop around. They are ere in stores. Just gotta find them!!
Or order online and ffl them. You can find them online as well

munkeeboi
09-07-2012, 1:56 PM
I guess it would depend on where turner's gets their guns.

Every dealer doesn't go to the same distributor for their stock

pc_load_letter
09-07-2012, 2:40 PM
GunsAmerica had a couple from sellers who are CA friendly. Was going to get my ASP-01 from there until I picked one up from OakTree Gun Club.

Capt Jack
09-07-2012, 2:47 PM
I agree that you should just go and check out all of your LGS or just call them up. My buddy just got one from shop in town and they had another sitting there for a couple of weeks collecting dust.

I almost picked it up myself, but figured I would shoot my buddy's first to see if I like it.

Rorge Retson
09-07-2012, 2:54 PM
There really is no "system" that is fair and works well. There are a number of distributors that retailers use, and even if two shops used the same distributor, they might not enjoy the same status...meaning, if a distributor gets in five SP-01s, all five might go somewhere else other than Turner's, even if Turner's has an account with them.

Hate to say this, but you probably should not have given your money to Turner's. I have never seen a CZ at Turner's, and doubt I ever will. However, in the past few months, I have seen numerous CZs at other shops around town - 97Bs, 75Bs, and SP-01s. For CZs, right now, it really is a matter of being in the right place at the right time, and/or being persistent by calling the LGSs a few times per week.

Czsp-01-9mm
09-07-2012, 3:00 PM
not a fan of waiting lists, i called around to local and not so local shops to see if they had the sp-01 took a week but i found one only an hour aways.

that being said some people wait weeks and some people months, depends on the shop.

Arkangel
09-07-2012, 6:22 PM
With CZ' s it seems to just boil down to luck. I found one at an LGS, I let it slip trough my fingers.... It was gone the next day. I spent the next few weeks calling around trying to hunt one down( no luck).

A few months later I stumbled upon another one... I had to jump on it (I wasn't going to let it happen TWICE).

SDRider858
09-07-2012, 6:35 PM
That sucks SD....I wouldnt expect anyone to come in here and explain what the distrbution process is, I could be wrong....probably not.

I have never seen a CZ at turners besides the 1200.00 tactical. If I were you I would just get a refund. I know of someone who is selling a used one locally but has some mods. If your interested, PM me.

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 6:36 PM
GunsAmerica had a couple from sellers who are CA friendly. Was going to get my ASP-01 from there until I picked one up from OakTree Gun Club.

Yeah you bastard lmfao you took one that I was gonna grab!!!! Hahaha
Still looking for one at a decent price. :/

Lead Waster
09-07-2012, 7:23 PM
Well what about price though? Op how much did you
Pay versus the current local
Prices?

efdiesel
09-07-2012, 7:31 PM
Went to turners and they wanted me to order it but they couldnt get the tacitcal model with the decocker. I was pretty set on getting the decocker and called around and found that oak tree gun club had some. I asked them on the phone if it was a tactical and they said yes, unfortunately they were the ones with the safety. They had 3 sp-01's there and I scooped one up immediately. One of the other customers there said he was also looking for one for quite sometime and was shocked when he saw 3 of them there. When I returned to pick up it up after the 10 day period all of them were gone. You just gotta spend a good amount of time researching and calling around and you'll find some out there.

rplusplus
09-07-2012, 7:33 PM
It's the price we pay to live in CA. 6 years ago I walked in and got my CZ-75 with cash and a 10 day wait. Now... I can't even hope to get another.

Calbum65
09-07-2012, 7:43 PM
Reeds in Santa Clara just got a shipment in this week. I just walked in, saw one and did the paperwork earlier today.

GuillermoAntonio
09-07-2012, 7:56 PM
My friend ordered one from discount gun mart in san diego, took them about 5 months.
He's had it for 3 months now.

chonkey
09-07-2012, 7:59 PM
Davidson's had at least 2 CA legal SP-01 when I was notified by email. They sold out in less than 2 minutes.

Luv1911's
09-07-2012, 8:06 PM
I just jailed one at the Shootist in Murrieta with night sights on the 5th and they had one more. They were just a hair below MSRP on price but they had one. Oak Tree had one a week ago and could still be there.

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 8:33 PM
Was at oak tree today.
Ok people they DO have a c 75b in 9 and a ts in 9 as well. They have NOT had an sp01 for a few weeks. If they had one today I woulda have jailed it

CSDsofaKing
09-07-2012, 8:37 PM
Took me 4 months to receive mine after putting down $100. Not sure of your location, but if near Sacramento, River City Gun Exchange still had an SP-01 sitting on the shelf as of a week and a half ago. Wild Bill's in Elk Grove had a P-01 and a 75D compact. Gun Room in Elk Grove as well had a 2075 Rami. Can't buy anything this month; Bro gettin' married end of the month ... SUCK!

markw
09-07-2012, 8:44 PM
I ordered mine from CZ custom back in June, had it home in 12 days with the shipping. I was notified by davidsons that they had them in stock, when I checked the link 10 minutes later they were out of stock. Which is unfortunate because they had the 91152 which is the one with the 19 round mags. With all this waiting, you could've SSE'd a shadow from czcustom.

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 8:50 PM
Ere are online place that har the 91152 code (hi caps) that WILL exchange for tens and the product code to match as well. I'm just shopping for price and layaway.

Luv1911's
09-07-2012, 8:58 PM
Don't know what to say about Oak Tree. When I talked to them a week ago they said they didn't have a SP01 and while checking future delivery he came back and said he did have one for $649. The Shootist in Murrieta may still have one, it was there as of Wed.

Wodsworthy
09-07-2012, 8:58 PM
I wouldn't put any money down on a gun that a store didn't have. Found 2 at Fowler room the other week, I bought one. Buddy got the other. Picking them up tomorrow.

Just keep looking. They turn up sporadically.

mpwang
09-07-2012, 9:04 PM
There's one at river city gun exchange as of last Thursday

markw
09-07-2012, 9:22 PM
Ere are online place that har the 91152 code (hi caps) that WILL exchange for tens and the product code to match as well. I'm just shopping for price and layaway.

Davidisons gallery of guns, may be able to get them to swap mags. The model number is the 1152 preceded by a 9 for standard mags and 0 for low cap mags. They show 7 in stock right now.

TripleThreat
09-07-2012, 9:35 PM
I made one call and found a SP-01. Waited a month walked into a gun store and found a P-01. Since then I've seen 6 or so CZs' in various stores.

They can be had with out much fuss if you call around. I've seen 2 or 3 for sale this week just on this site.

Triple

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 9:54 PM
^^^ what area are you in? I want an sp01 for match shooting dammit!!!!

TripleThreat
09-07-2012, 10:06 PM
^^^ what area are you in? I want an sp01 for match shooting dammit!!!!

I'm from the Bay Area.

I found the SP-01 and the P-01 in Sacramento. Target Masters had a SP-01 reported in store today in Milpitas and 2 different CZ's at Gun Exchange in San Jose.

Triple

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah I could order online. But the stupid transfer fees and such. Otherwise I'd order online. Lol

Strykeback
09-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Id love to find someone that will assist in SSEing me an sp-01 tactical. Just cant stand not having a decocker and dont want a safety besides it would end up witg night sights anyways.

Have 2 local 07 ffls that can accept them but with Ryan gone I dont know of anyone willing to assist. Anyone know if cz custom will sse their pistols?

jrara
09-08-2012, 1:34 AM
Try this shop.

They are willing to swap Regular mags for neutered mags.

http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop/

pc_load_letter
09-08-2012, 8:14 AM
Went to turners and they wanted me to order it but they couldnt get the tacitcal model with the decocker. I was pretty set on getting the decocker and called around and found that oak tree gun club had some. I asked them on the phone if it was a tactical and they said yes, unfortunately they were the ones with the safety. They had 3 sp-01's there and I scooped one up immediately. One of the other customers there said he was also looking for one for quite sometime and was shocked when he saw 3 of them there. When I returned to pick up it up after the 10 day period all of them were gone. You just gotta spend a good amount of time researching and calling around and you'll find some out there.

Please,someone correct me if I'm wrong but the SP-01 with the decocker (tactical model) is not on the CA roster.

TripleThreat
09-08-2012, 8:25 AM
Please,someone correct me if I'm wrong but the SP-01 with the decocker (tactical model) is not on the CA roster.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it was available here, just as the P-01 is available.

Triple

wisefire
09-08-2012, 8:26 AM
It's not

GuillermoAntonio
09-08-2012, 8:59 AM
Id love to find someone that will assist in SSEing me an sp-01 tactical. Just cant stand not having a decocker and dont want a safety besides it would end up witg night sights anyways.

Have 2 local 07 ffls that can accept them but with Ryan gone I dont know of anyone willing to assist. Anyone know if cz custom will sse their pistols?

czcustom does not do SSE, but they dont mind shipping off roster guns to an FFL that will take them.
What area.do you live.in?

Apec
09-08-2012, 9:07 AM
That sucks SD....I wouldnt expect anyone to come in here and explain what the distrbution process is, I could be wrong....probably not.

I have never seen a CZ at turners besides the 1200.00 tactical. If I were you I would just get a refund. I know of someone who is selling a used one locally but has some mods. If your interested, PM me.

Damn. For a SP-01 Tactical? That's crazy.

GuillermoAntonio
09-08-2012, 9:14 AM
Damn. For a SP-01 Tactical? That's crazy.

Hes talking about the CZ Tactical Sports.
Turners regularly stocks it in 9mm. The price tag is $1200.

ZNinerFan
09-08-2012, 9:18 AM
It took about 3 weeks for one to show up at my local shop after placing the order. Pretty sure they sourced it through Davidsons aka Gungenie.

Strykeback
09-08-2012, 10:06 AM
czcustom does not do SSE, but they dont mind shipping off roster guns to an FFL that will take them.
What area.do you live.in?

Im on the central coast, san luis obispo. I know a couple shops that will accept them in the extended barrel configuration but they wont do the work if the its not already been done with the mag blocked.

SDRider858
09-08-2012, 10:07 AM

According to their 2012 catalog it is.....the following are also CA approved:
Sp01 standard w/ambi safeties
75 Tactical sport
75bd
75b
75sa
P01/P06
75 compact
75d PCR compact
CZ83
2075 rami
97B

Strykeback
09-08-2012, 10:20 AM
75 Tactical sport
75bd
75b
75sa
P01/P06
75 compact
75d PCR compact
CZ83
2075 rami
97B

Believe me I wish that was the case, but on the roster their sku number and description do not match.

The tactical sport is huge competition 9mm blued pistol. Barrel lengths are different as well as safety vs decocker.

All the roster really is is a way for CA to collect cash to "allow" a business to sell here. CZ like eveey other manufacture cant afford to do that for every single difference in model.

The decocking sp-01 tactical is not on the roster.

SDRider858
09-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Believe me I wish that was the case, but on the roster their sku number and description do not match.

The tactical sport is huge competition 9mm blued pistol. Barrel lengths are different as well as safety vs decocker.

All the roster really is is a way for CA to collect cash to "allow" a business to sell here. CZ like eveey other manufacture cant afford to do that for every single difference in model.

The decocking sp-01 tactical is not on the roster.

Like I said this was according to their 2012 catalog that I have in front of me. Not debating, as im not interested in the BD models.

Strykeback
09-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I checked the doj website and saw the cz 75 tactical above the 2 tactical sports and got excited and then remembered thats the bronze tactical much like the combat. Both havr been discontinued. Onlu sp-01 has to be the ambi safety

itisagoodname
09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Ive been waiting 4 months for a P07 Duty in OD green...

Euphoria526
09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Ok ok ok I'm time for me to chime in

The sp01 tactical is NOT in roster, BUT CZ customs can swap the saftey for a decocker AS A CUSTOM item. Meaning yoll probably pay more but it's an sp01 with a decocker.

CAGLS
09-08-2012, 2:28 PM
75 Tactical sport
75bd
75b
75sa
P01/P06
75 compact
75d PCR compact
CZ83
2075 rami
97B
P06 isn't on the CA approved roster, I want to SSE this one. My P-01 is the most consistently accurate gun I shoot with.

Euphoria526
09-08-2012, 2:44 PM
I like both mine the same. Both more accurate than I am!! Lol.

AP1
09-08-2012, 7:06 PM
There's a CZ P01 9mm at Cal Arms. I was just there.

CertPharmT15
09-08-2012, 9:48 PM
Try this shop.

They are willing to swap Regular mags for neutered mags.

http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop/
Have you ordered from them before? I just placed an order yesterday and waiting for them to ship it out.

CertPharmT15
09-08-2012, 9:53 PM
Yeah I could order online. But the stupid transfer fees and such. Otherwise I'd order online. Lol
What area are you in? I ordered one from Damascus Gun Shop. Shipping is free, my FFL charges $10 fee + $25 DROS + Required California Tax. My total comes out to $659 with all fees/taxes/DROS.

jrara
09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Have you ordered from them before? I just placed an order yesterday and waiting for them to ship it out.

My buddy ordered the P01 from them a few weeks ago. They shipped it pretty fast.

Strykeback
09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
When you say willing to swap neutered mags you mean onlu out of an sp-01 or the tactical as well?

CertPharmT15
09-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Howdy Gentleman,

I'm sure gun dealers often frequent this site so I'm hoping one or two may cross this thread with some good info...

Just curious as to what the average turn around time you guys are seeing on SP-01's 9mm. I paid mine off 5 months ago at Turners and still I just a get a "Not in, No ETA" answer each time I call once a month.

I'm not asking anyone to be able to predict the future but is there a general 3-6 month / 6-10 month etc. wait time you guys are experiencing on these waiting lists?
Try Damascus Gun Shop. Total for me with Taxes/Fees/FFL was $658.

Waiting for it to come in to start DROS.

Are you in San Diego? I'm up in Temecula/Murietta area. Go to Petco Park every weekend for Padres games.

jrara
09-08-2012, 10:32 PM
When you say willing to swap neutered mags you mean onlu out of an sp-01 or the tactical as well?

They will swap out the 17 round mags for 10 round mags.

I don't think you can get the Tactical model into California unless you SSE it.