PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Trausch Grips?

dshmrb
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Anybody order direct from Trausch before? I placed an order through their website on Tuesday for a set of TJ92 grips. I never received an email confirmation, and my credit card has not been charged. I also called and left a message inquiring about the status of the order on Wednesday and I have not received a call back.

Are they still in business? Is there a different vendor I could buy these grips from?

Thanks,
Joe

jessegpresley
09-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Why don't you just wait a little. It's only been 3 days.

dshmrb
09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Why don't you just wait a little. It's only been 3 days.

Perhaps it is impatience, but to be honest the order form did not look to be the most secure. The lack of subsequent communication made me a bit nervous. I'd like to make sure my credit card is not at risk. That is all.

psychophd
09-07-2012, 7:53 PM
Keep us informed - I was thinking of buying from them but their website looks a bit... dated and made me wary from my purchase.

jessegpresley
09-07-2012, 8:16 PM
Probably because their "US distributor" is a 50 year old dude and his wife working out of their spare bedroom in middle America on their weekends off with dial up.

Fishslayer
09-08-2012, 5:03 PM
Probably because their "US distributor" is a 50 year old dude and his wife working out of their spare bedroom in middle America on their weekends off with dial up.

And we all know that 50 is "ancient" and anybody that old is probably...

...wait...

...what?

Where was I? :D

dshmrb
09-13-2012, 2:59 PM
Well after 9 days no email response, no phone response, and no charges to my credit card. Guess the don't want my business, too bad because I still want the grips. Oh well the good news is that my credit card appears safe.

dshmrb
09-18-2012, 7:43 AM
Ok, I received an email today from the distributor and wanted to give a follow up. Unfortunately Jacques Trausch passed away just recently, and they have been scrambling to keep everything in order and continue the business. They are shipping the grips today. So it appears it is safe to order through the website, and this delay is definitely understandable given the circumstances.

cnj
11-14-2012, 4:21 PM
Going through the same thing myself. Ordered a set of TJ101 grips for my SP101 3 weeks ago. No confirmation email, no hit on my credit card, no response to two follow up emails, and no return phone call from the U.S. distributor. Looks like I'll be heading in a different direction now. Too bad.

Apostolos
11-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok, I received an email today from the distributor and wanted to give a follow up. Unfortunately Jacques Trausch passed away just recently...

Wow!

I had communicated with him via email several times (earlier in the summer) about his grips. He was very prompt and attentive to my needs, and he even sent me a free pair of grips for my A1.

I'm sorry to hear about his passing. I wish I could have known more about him. He made a great product for our Berettas.

Hopefully his legacy will continue on. I wonder what else he did with his life?

RIP Mr Trausch