PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Dirty Harry revolver (SoCal; Murrieta)

Satmary
09-07-2012, 8:43 AM
My wife has been watching old Clint Eastwood movies on Netflix, so now she wants me to buy a "Dirty Harry gun." Ideally, I'm looking for a Smith & Wesson model 29-2 (pinned and recessed), blued, with a 8 & 3/8-inch barrel, but I would consider nickel finish or other barrel lengths. Other big-bore models, such as .41 Magnum or .45 Colt would also be considered. I have a dealer in Murrieta (Riverside County) to do the DROS. Please PM me with your offers or suggestions. THANKS!

1maxhunter
09-07-2012, 9:16 AM
Harrys gun was a 6" or iv heard 5 5/8 barrel made for the movie.they are selling for top dollar from the ones iv seen. got all my pinned & recessed back when you could get them for $300.00-$350.00 ..good luck..

dizzyfunkyfresh
09-07-2012, 9:38 AM
Harry's gun was actually a .41 magnum because it sounded louder on camera. just a fyn fact. good luck on your search!

Satmary
09-07-2012, 9:39 AM
Harrys gun was a 6" or iv heard 5 5/8 barrel made for the movie.they are selling for top dollar from the ones iv seen. got all my pinned & recessed back when you could get them for $300.00-$350.00 ..good luck..

According to Internet Movie Firearms Database (imfdb.org): "The script called for Inspector "Dirty" Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) to use a Smith & Wesson Model 29 with a 4" barrel, chambered in .44 Magnum throughout the film as his sidearm. ... Unlike the gun in the script, the only barrels acquired for the guns in this film were the 8 3/8" barrel and the 6 1/2" barrel. Both can be seen used in some scenes. "

Of course, I'd also settle for a .44 Automag, like Harry used in Sudden Impact.

stevie
09-07-2012, 9:53 AM
Turners in Torrance has a 44 automag on consignment....

Satmary
09-08-2012, 8:37 AM
Bump To The Top

Satmary
09-17-2012, 5:53 PM
btt

Angry_Lobster
09-17-2012, 8:16 PM
According to Internet Movie Firearms Database (imfdb.org): "The script called for Inspector "Dirty" Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) to use a Smith & Wesson Model 29 with a 4" barrel, chambered in .44 Magnum throughout the film as his sidearm. ... Unlike the gun in the script, the only barrels acquired for the guns in this film were the 8 3/8" barrel and the 6 1/2" barrel. Both can be seen used in some scenes. "

Truth. I've actually handled a gun in a prop house that -might- have been one of the 6.5 inch guns used. I say might because it was from the inventory of the armory that did Dirty Harry, but it's current owners bought out that armory and the guns didn't come with records.

There's a bunch of 6" blued model 29s in the private firearms sales forum right now.

EDIT:

Here you go, I knew I'd seen a 6.5 recently. You want a Dirty Harry gun, this'd be the one to grab:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=620271