PDA

View Full Version : Glock 3.5 pound trigger

LAKings22
09-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Anyone change the trigger on your glocks? I did a quick search and it seems like alot of people go with the the ghost 3.5 trigger. What you guys use or recommend?

INFAMOUS762X39
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I've recently installed the Ghost 3.5 connector on my Glock 19. I recommend them, It's worth it if you can't stand the stock 5.5 Trigger. It's nice and much more crisp, you'll notice it immediately.

My package also came with a 6.0lb trigger spring which I also installed. Going to hit up the range this weekend hopefully, I'll let you know how it goes.

Lead Waster
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Are you talking about the CONNECTOR?

LAKings22
09-06-2012, 10:48 PM
I've recently installed the Ghost 3.5 connector on my Glock 19. I recommend them, It's worth it if you can't stand the stock 5.5 Trigger. It's nice and much more crisp, you'll notice it immediately.

My package also came with a 6.0lb trigger spring which I also installed. Going to hit up the range this weekend hopefully, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, let me know how it goes. I'm always looking for upgrades.

LAKings22
09-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Are you talking about the CONNECTOR?

Yes the connector.

BlackDrop50
09-06-2012, 11:56 PM
all you need is a .25 trigger job

postal
09-07-2012, 12:04 AM
3.5 pounds of dog **** in one hand.... a glock trigger in the other....

They balance out each other perfectly.

There is no way to make a glock trigger "good" like a decent single action like a 1911 or CZ...

Cant have everything huh? Sure reliable- durable.. but suck it up- the triggers feel like crap and theres no fixing that...

Still dont, and will not own a glock because that ****ty mushy trigger. 3.5 pounds.... 35 pounds- doesnt matter.

LAKings22
09-07-2012, 12:25 AM

There is no way to make a glock trigger "good" like a decent single action like a 1911 or CZ...

Cant have everything huh? Sure reliable- durable.. but suck it up- the triggers feel like crap and theres no fixing that...

Still dont, and will not own a glock because that ****ty mushy trigger. 3.5 pounds.... 35 pounds- doesnt matter.

Reliable, durable and a cheap little upgrade for less crappy trigger. Still a great gun for what your paying.

POINTMANDDT
09-07-2012, 5:48 AM
all you need is a .25 trigger job

That won't change the weight of the connector, just the smoothness of the pull and maybe a crisp break. I went with the .25 trigger job and ghost rocket connector.

CK_32
09-07-2012, 7:48 AM
I have the 3.5 and 25 cent in my 17 and love it.. Major difference.

I didn't install the 3.5 my self the LEO I bought it from had it done but when doing the 25 cent you have to take it all down and polish it which is pretty easy and not hard to reinstall the connected and other parts (watching along with YouTube video of course)

Sam
09-07-2012, 8:17 AM
I use the OEM "minus" connector, which is actually rated at 4.5 lbs now. Todd Green had his Lone Wolf Connector break on him:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/6459

MIAMIbaseballer
09-07-2012, 8:21 AM
I have Glock 3.5 connector in most of my Glocks and a 25 cent trigger job. All my Glocks with the connector and polish job are around 3.15lbs....

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 8:40 AM
Lemme get this straight.
The .25 trigger job, does the same EXACT thing as breaking in the gun? That's retarded. Why not just shoot the gun to break it in, instead of that crappy "uppgraydd"?

DRAB_81
09-07-2012, 8:55 AM
Lemme get this straight.
The .25 trigger job, does the same EXACT thing as breaking in the gun? That's retarded. Why not just shoot the gun to break it in, instead of that crappy "uppgraydd"?

Did you really expect anything more from something called "The 25 Cent Trigger Job"? All it does is speed up the process of smoothing out the metal to metal contact points. The Glock trigger is what it is, and it's a beautiful thing once you learn how to run it. If you don't like it, which you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to proclaim your hate for Glocks, then move on. It makes no sense for you to go out of your way to convince everyone else that Glocks suck. Let people make up their own minds & try to act like an adult for once.

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 9:16 AM
Did you really expect anything more from something called "The 25 Cent Trigger Job"? All it does is speed up the process of smoothing out the metal to metal contact points. The Glock trigger is what it is, and it's a beautiful thing once you learn how to run it. If you don't like it, which you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to proclaim your hate for Glocks, then move on. It makes no sense for you to go out of your way to convince everyone else that Glocks suck. Let people make up their own minds & try to act like an adult for once.

And yet out of all childish remarks in this forum you decide to talk back to me. I love how I get under your skin. :chillpill:

DRAB_81
09-07-2012, 9:25 AM
And yet out of all childish remarks in this forum you decide to talk back to me. I love how I get under your skin. :chillpill:

I bet you do.

Euphoria526
09-07-2012, 9:33 AM
I bet you do.

My job is done here.
Euphoria out!!! *poof*:leaving:

Grumpyoldretiredcop
09-07-2012, 9:39 AM
And now that the children are done bickering, back to the real thread... :43:

For general use, I've replaced the connectors in all of my Glocks with the factory "3.5 lb." connector. It's in quotes as the weight on the couple I've measured are more like 4 pounds.

For my competition Glock, I've used the Zev trigger kit.

jessegpresley
09-07-2012, 9:42 AM
Why do you want a 3.5# trigger?

golfrj
09-07-2012, 9:44 AM
I went with the standard (5#) connector, heavy spring and polished everything that touches.. Good, Crisp trigger at 4 1/2#...

Lead Waster
09-07-2012, 9:49 AM
I think it's been pointed out that the "3.5 lb connector" doesn't really reduce pull weight to 3.5 lbs.

I have one that has yet to be installed. It sits in my pile of uninstalled parts with my CZ-75 competition hammer.

As for the 25 cent trigger job, yes, it's just a polishing job. It's simple and costs you 25 cents. It also gets you to open up your gun and see how it ticks, which is pretty valuable as well. It's fairly harmless if you don't get too enthusiastic.

DRAB_81
09-07-2012, 9:58 AM
Sorry for the thread drift LAK22.

My recommendation is to shoot the stock trigger for a while. Get the feel for the pre-travel on the first round, and learn to ride the reset for every round after the first. Without changing the trigger spring & striker springs, the 3.5# connectors will only take the pull weight down to around 4-4.5#. You can get the pull weight down to around 2.5# if you do all three, but the reduced power striker springs are known for causing light strikes (unless you use federal primers). I have tried the Glock, LWD & Scherer 3.5# connectors, and they made the break feel too mushy for my taste. I also had a $225 Vanek Classic Grand Master Trigger Kit w/Jager UL Striker, and I ended up returning that. All my Glocks have stock triggers, including my competition guns, and that works best for me.

If you REALLY want to try a 3.5# connector, Ghost seems to be the way to go. It's a cheap part that takes less than 5min to install, and it's easy to switch back to stock with no harm done.

konata88
09-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I changed the connector on my Glock 19 to get a more similar weight between my HKs and the Glock. Regardless of what it says on paper, my Glock trigger pull felt heavier than my HK trigger pull.

Similarity and consistency is pretty important to me.

motorwerks
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23403261.jpg

gorenut
09-07-2012, 10:35 AM
I've tried pretty much every variation of connectors and springs and I've settled with the OEM "-"/"3.5" connector with a NY1 spring. It brings the weight of the trigger closer to 4.5 lbs but I like it because I get a much more tactile feedback throughout the entire trigger pull. It makes it a much more predictable trigger pull. When I had just the "-" in my G34 and G17.. it had a great amount of pre-travel that had no weight to it.. then a sudden break that caught everyone who tried out my Glocks off guard (those that weren't used to it). Same would happen to me when I shot some of my other guns without shoot my Glocks for a long while. Didn't like that. With my current setup, its very predictable. It can best be described as a very light and short double-action revolver trigger. Not the best competition setup, but I think its the best self-defense setup.

gorenut
09-07-2012, 10:43 AM

Was there any reason to post this? Doesn't quite help the OP. I own a CZ in SAO and while it is a great trigger.. I still shoot Glocks with the proper connector and spring setup much better.

Lemme get this straight.

Because .25 is much cheaper than spending the 1000+ rounds it'd take to even begin to getting the same results of the .25 trigger job. Also, it takes 15 minutes at most to do it. It's such a cheap and easy thing to do, so why not?

CK_32
09-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Lemme get this straight.

Just to touch up on this a little bit it is not exactly the same as wearing in a gun. The perks to a 25 cent job is that you smooth the parts which have friction creating a smoother transaction equalling and more consistent pull and break.

As for wearing in your gun the difference is with a trigger job your polishing the metals with a finish to simulate perfect wear. When breaking in a gun you are running metals together wearing down parts unevenly at the nature of the function. Where trigger job again is a polish not wearing down any metals and you controls the perfect amount or polish per part.

Another reason why the trigger job is more beneficiary than just blowing 10k rounds through your gun is you also put that use and stress on all parts of the gun rather than just smoothing out the trigger components.

But like all trigger jobs your just cleaning up the trigger parts to make a cleaner friction system. Idk why you talk about it like a bad thing that you can do what some pay a certified smith to do for $30 to $100 for literally less that about $.25 and an hour of your day.

CrippledPidgeon
09-07-2012, 5:17 PM
Just to touch up on this a little bit it is not exactly the same as wearing in a gun. The perks to a 25 cent job is that you smooth the parts which have friction creating a smoother transaction equalling and more consistent pull and break.

As for wearing in your gun the difference is with a trigger job your polishing the metals with a finish to simulate perfect wear. When breaking in a gun you are running metals together wearing down parts unevenly at the nature of the function. Where trigger job again is a polish not wearing down any metals and you controls the perfect amount or polish per part.

Another reason why the trigger job is more beneficiary than just blowing 10k rounds through your gun is you also put that use and stress on all parts of the gun rather than just smoothing out the trigger components.

But like all trigger jobs your just cleaning up the trigger parts to make a cleaner friction system. Idk why you talk about it like a bad thing that you can do what some pay a certified smith to do for $30 to $100 for literally less that about $.25 and an hour of your day.

^This.

I tried several 3.5# connectors, but as a majority of my guns have two-stage triggers (M1911, M1, M14, M1903, Geissele in my AR, etc), I didn't like how mushy the trigger got. I did the $.25 trigger job on the factory 5# to smooth out the roughness without losing the 2nd stage, and later replaced the trigger with a ZEV Fulcrum because my stubby fingers were causing a twist to the left, and reducing the takeup meant that my trigger finger rested properly on the trigger after the draw.