PDA

View Full Version : Sig 226 9mm CPO

gundad
09-06-2012, 8:02 PM
Any thoughts / experience with the Sig P226 certified pre-owns? Would I be buying someone elses problems or are these a good deal. They can be had for 599.

tbhracing
09-06-2012, 8:15 PM
I would get one. Sig totally renews the pistol, inspects, tests and warranties.

Bartin
09-06-2012, 8:46 PM
CPO will likely be the best used sig you could buy. Seems like a good price for a fine firearm. You can get cheaper but at the cost of questionable wear and possibly no warranty support.

black_pacer_56
09-06-2012, 8:50 PM
No, this pistol are a great deal!!!

The CPO has been very very good buy! I brought a CPO P226 in 40 cal with .357 sig barrel converison back in 2006 for $675 after DROS. I fired approximately 800 rounds throught it without no misfeeds. Greman lower made frame.

This year I brought a CPO P229R SAS in 40 cal for $650 before DROS. I fired 150 rounds throught it without no misfeeds. Greman lower made frame.

In 2011, I brought $850 BNIB with night sites American made Sig P220 in 45 cal. My first 50 rounds I had 3 misfeeds. I fired more 150 rounds with 4 more. I had to send in for service due to the extractor!

I wish a would a brought one of my Sig pistols in 9mm! Just make sure that you're getting a greman framed model in CPO and you will be gtg.

far from tactical
09-06-2012, 9:05 PM
Any thoughts / experience with the Sig P226 certified pre-owns? Would I be buying someone elses problems or are these a good deal. They can be had for 599.

let me guess island view right thats where you seen it

SIGman Freud
09-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't know about the P226 CPO but earlier this summer I bought my first Sig pistol that was CPO--a West German P228 that was originally made in 1991. I paid $599 for it, and it came with 2 normal capacity magazines. The latest batch of Sig CPOs are top notch and a great value!

bsg
09-07-2012, 3:16 AM
i have a w german P225 CPO (1990) that i've had since 2007; absolutely wonderful handgun.

jeffrice6
09-07-2012, 3:24 AM
CPO's can be hit & mis ~ Spend enough time on the Sig Forum & you can find unhappy CPO owners (Finish just flaking off as I recall) CPO's do represent a good value, but better deals with lower miles can be found here on the CG marketplace. And a Red box will never bring in the $ of a Blue box on the secondary market.

gti_20ae
09-07-2012, 4:12 AM
If your LGS have Sig CPO interlock, go in to check it out. I have seen 2 Sig P226R CPO with P226 Elite frame ( front strap checkering & breavertail ). Price was also like $599, I revere not picking it up.

james758
09-07-2012, 4:58 AM
My first experience with a "CPO" Sig was the Sig P-6 that I got for $345 out the door. Got it from TopGunSupply and Lisa as Roger's Relics dros'ed it for me. I chose the "lower grade" and it had a fair amount of holster wear but looks like it was carried a lot but shot very little. I have absolutely NO regrets about buying it.
I was so happy with it that I bought the "Zurich P228's" when they were available. Got one of the first batch of those that were available and the only thing I regret is selling it to a buddy of mine. It was the 3rd 9mm I have and he wanted a "good, inexpensive" 9mm and I owed him a "good buddy" favor. I sold it to him for what I paid for it and when we did the transfer the guy at the store tried to offer me a better price.
Those were not really CPO guns though, where they go back to the factory and get refirbished. An old navy buddy of mine got a two tone P229 in .357 (also dros'ed by Lisa) and it has been nothing but great.

The thing about the Sig CPO's is that they cause cancer in children, deplete the ozone layer, cause acid rain, and kill dolphins... You should hand it to me for proper disposal.
Seriously, I have had no problems at all and everything I hear about them is good. Go for it and you get a good deal on a great pistol.
One thing I always do when I am in the market for any gun is look at gunbroker and see what is for sale "Used" (uncheck the "factory new" and "new old stock"). If its something like "SIG CPO" there are 7 listings but if you look for "Springfield XD" there are like 237 listings. Appearently, people with SIG CPO's are happy with them and keep them, while people with Springfield XD's are looking to trade up.

Good luck, and may the force be with you.

tbhracing
09-07-2012, 8:06 AM
Just a follow up note- I am NOT an Expert on Sigs or the CPO process. But what I have heard and observed is that most of the CPOs are LE trade-ins with mainly holster wear. The cops only shoot these Sigs during routine qualifications.

Again, its mainly holster wear thats been re-blued and all of the internals replaced.

Look good to me-

http://img109.echo.cx/img109/400/p10100486go.jpg

gundad
09-07-2012, 8:35 AM
Thanks for the input all. The CPO is going on the short list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2